PDA

View Full Version : styling opinions please!

Lady Mck
13th October 2010, 03:55 PM
Hi guys ,
I wanted a chequered interior mirror cover for my mini but can't get one as he is pre facelift( reg june 04) but can get union jack one and I am not sure if it would look good?? what do you think?? anyone got any pics or seen one on a red and white mini ? I value all your opinions, except on chrome cos I love it although a lot of you don't ! :smilewinkgrin:

Delboy
13th October 2010, 04:58 PM
Hi guys ,
I wanted a chequered interior mirror cover for my mini but can't get one as he is pre facelift( reg june 04) but can get union jack one and I am not sure if it would look good?? what do you think?? anyone got any pics or seen one on a red and white mini ? I value all your opinions, except on chrome cos I love it although a lot of you don't ! :smilewinkgrin:

I have a UJ mirror cover and lots of chrome :smilewinkgrin:, but my car is not red so I guess is not much help to you.

For what it's worth, I think a UJ mirror cover would look great on a red mini :thumbs up:.

stoney
13th October 2010, 05:04 PM
dont have a pic but do think a u/j would look good

you could allways get i 2nd hand one out a scrap yard and get a grafic palce to wrap it for you !!!

GCA3N
13th October 2010, 05:35 PM
I have a UJ mirror cover and lots of chrome :smilewinkgrin:, but my car is not red so I guess is not much help to you.

For what it's worth, I think a UJ mirror cover would look great on a red mini :thumbs up:.

Agreed with Del union jack would look smart.

Sheilz
13th October 2010, 07:56 PM
It would look smart but NOT PATRIOTIC

Lady Mck
13th October 2010, 08:51 PM

thanks ,any pics?? My only concern was that living in the west of scotland I may upset one half of the divide!! don't want my car damaged !!

Sheilz
13th October 2010, 09:59 PM
thanks ,any pics?? My only concern was that living in the west of scotland I may upset one half of the divide!! don't want my car damaged !!

LOL my last mini used to get 'protection' because it was distinctively Scottish. Initial thought is surely no one would damage your car because of a mirror cover but you know once govt cutbacks bite deep with god knows what kind of impact on people's lives, you may be wise to avoid having a UJ on your car. Just a thought!

N16SHP
13th October 2010, 10:07 PM
I think the UJ would look good on red. I think red and blue, for obvious reasons, looks great with that cover! And as far as worrying about your car, i'm sure you'll be fine, unless it actually had rangers written on it, or was on any other car bar a Mini then possibly, but everyone associates the UJ with the Mini's!

audrey
13th October 2010, 10:26 PM
I think it would look nice :thumbs up:

Stewart
13th October 2010, 10:32 PM
I think you can get away with it on a Mini as its Associated with the whole best of British kind of thing. Just dont go parking outside Celtic park on match day. ;)

GCA3N
14th October 2010, 06:01 AM
I think the UJ would look good on red. I think red and blue, for obvious reasons, looks great with that cover! And as far as worrying about your car, i'm sure you'll be fine, unless it actually had rangers written on it, or was on any other car bar a Mini then possibly, but everyone associates the UJ with the Mini's!

100% agree Neil next we won't be buying blue/green cars so as not to offend the other half.

Flash_Amber
14th October 2010, 08:13 AM
I think the union jack looks good on both red and blue cars. As for your car being damaged because of it, I dont think you need worry. Most people associate the mini with the union jack.

Crombers
14th October 2010, 10:33 AM
Aye go ahead, stick yer mirror cover on, the more the merrier :rolleyes:

replaceyerfrontwindscreen.com's number is 01234 111690 :thumbs up:

Delboy
14th October 2010, 12:48 PM

I live in Glasgow and have had no issues. Don't let Crombers' pessimistic view on life put you off (he actually secretly loves my UJ cover :smilewinkgrin:).

I'm pretty sure there are photos of my UJ mirror cover in my thread in the Gallery Showcase section.

Lady Mck
14th October 2010, 01:50 PM
I live in Glasgow and have had no issues. Don't let Crombers' pessimistic view on life put you off (he actually secretly loves my UJ cover :smilewinkgrin:).

I'm pretty sure there are photos of my UJ mirror cover in my thread in the Gallery Showcase section.

I'm taking your advice and going for it !! Crombers did make me laugh though!! I saw some pics of yours and it does look really smart and love the chrome,nice one!!:thumbs up:

Lady Mck
16th October 2010, 11:59 AM
Mirror cover ordered however won't be as in yer face as this;)

GCA3N
16th October 2010, 12:01 PM
Yeh that would never get vandalised in the West of scotland :lol:

Stewart
16th October 2010, 01:55 PM
That reminds me of the "Danger Seeker - Kentucky Fried Movie" Drive that in the Eastend of Glasgow right after an old firm game at Celtic Park, even better if the Gers have won it. That would take balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYz00UQfiPk&feature=related

And remember kids Death is our country’s no1 killer.

KenL
16th October 2010, 02:31 PM
It would look smart but NOT PATRIOTIC

Can we not be patriotic towards GB?

I have a Black Jack interior cover, looks good to me.

RyanK
16th October 2010, 02:43 PM
i have the black plastic oem one, perfect imo

Sheilz
17th October 2010, 01:44 AM
Can we not be patriotic towards GB?

I have a Black Jack interior cover, looks good to me.

NO! Scottish, English, Welsh or Irish but not GB. That's a symbol of oppression and exploitation.

Delboy
17th October 2010, 09:52 AM
i have the black plastic oem one, perfect imo

Says the guy with bright red wheels... :lol:

Mon the fish
17th October 2010, 10:00 AM
NO! Scottish, English, Welsh or Irish but not GB. That's a symbol of oppression and exploitation.

And also the sign of an illegal union

Lady Mck
17th October 2010, 01:17 PM
That reminds me of the "Danger Seeker - Kentucky Fried Movie" Drive that in the Eastend of Glasgow right after an old firm game at Celtic Park, even better if the Gers have won it. That would take balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYz00UQfiPk&feature=related

And remember kids Death is our country’s no1 killer.

:laugh: that would take more than balls!!

Lady Mck
17th October 2010, 01:22 PM
And also the sign of an illegal union

sorry to have opened up a can of worms but I was thinking styling honest!! and in west of scotland a UJ may antagonise a certain minority who think a UJ is linked to a certain football team,personally I couldn't care less and will put one on my mini cos I like it actually and think it will look stylish. :p

GCA3N
17th October 2010, 04:34 PM
sorry to have opened up a can of worms but I was thinking styling honest!! and in west of scotland a UJ may antagonise a certain minority who think a UJ is linked to a certain football team,personally I couldn't care less and will put one on my mini cos I like it actually and think it will look stylish. :p

:clap:

Luke-s
17th October 2010, 05:11 PM

Im half English and i dont feel exploited, ive spent nearly all my life in Scotland im proud of both parts of me ive lived down south too and always felt at home, and i consider myself British and European in equal measure its sad in this day and age people still see it as such a divide its all a bit silly really imo, Scotland would probs last all of 3 days on its own if that twat mackerel of a man salmond has his way.

RyanK
17th October 2010, 06:28 PM
Says the guy with bright red wheels... :lol:

:lol:

Sheilz
17th October 2010, 08:37 PM
Im half English and i dont feel exploited, ive spent nearly all my life in Scotland im proud of both parts of me ive lived down south too and always felt at home, and i consider myself British and European in equal measure its sad in this day and age people still see it as such a divide its all a bit silly really imo, Scotland would probs last all of 3 days on its own ifthat twat mackerel of a man salmond has his way.

Just because you don't feel exploited doesn't mean other people don't, or haven't. The union jack is a symbol of oppression across the globe. And as far as Scotland lasting all of three days on its own, well that's got to be one of the most ignorant comments I've ever read on this forums.

Luke-s
17th October 2010, 10:42 PM
its not ignorant its simple economics, without the rest of the uk funding our basic public services would be very difficult tax would have to rise and standards of care would drop, a large proportion of jobs up here are funded buy the tax payer as a whole, supporting its own public sector would not be possible, at present scotland has free care for the elderly and massively subsidized eduction in the futher eduction system, this is only made possible buy the uk as a , scotland is just as guilty as the rest of the uk in the global oppression that flag gave, we benefited as much as the rest of uk, there would have been no ship building on the clyde and such alike were it not for the empire so dont think we were partly to blame for it, as you can tell im not patriotic at all, be it scotland or the uk, were all human and thats it as far as i see

GCA3N
18th October 2010, 06:03 AM
This is an interesting topic folks but a tad :off topic:. Open a new thread on the subject, it would be interesting to see folks thoughts and opinions, but lets keep it freindly :D

Flash_Amber
18th October 2010, 09:10 AM

Good on you, if you like it then go for it! I have a black jack badge on my grill and I think it looks good so its staying. :thumbs up:

RyanK
18th October 2010, 09:30 AM
its not ignorant its simple economics, without the rest of the uk funding our basic public services would be very difficult tax would have to rise and standards of care would drop, a large proportion of jobs up here are funded buy the tax payer as a whole, supporting its own public sector would not be possible, at present scotland has free care for the elderly and massively subsidized eduction in the futher eduction system, this is only made possible buy the uk as a , scotland is just as guilty as the rest of the uk in the global oppression that flag gave, we benefited as much as the rest of uk, there would have been no ship building on the clyde and such alike were it not for the empire so dont think we were partly to blame for it, as you can tell im not patriotic at all, be it scotland or the uk, were all human and thats it as far as i see

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/168831-3/Sheep_eating.gif? (http://4gifs.com)

N16SHP
18th October 2010, 10:13 AM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/168831-3/Sheep_eating.gif? (http://4gifs.com)

Yeah nicely put Ryan, pretty much what I thought!

Gismo
18th October 2010, 10:32 AM
Ok folks, lets keep this on topic, i can move the off topic posts to another thread in the banter section if folks want to continue the discussion, if not they will be deleted :thumbs up:

Lady Mck
18th October 2010, 12:34 PM
Ok folks, lets keep this on topic, i can move the off topic posts to another thread in the banter section if folks want to continue the discussion, if not they will be deleted :thumbs up:

ooops what have I started!! sorrrreeee! only didn't want to upset a few footy supporters not a whole nation.I thought the UJ was celebrating the mini's "british" heritage that's all.
I think some people are taking this a bit too seriously..there are no cars "made in scotland from girders" as yet so looks like you have no choice and the best you can do is buy "british" even if it's part german!! anyway what's the weather doing?? (quick change of subject!)

GCA3N
18th October 2010, 01:01 PM
anyway what's the weather doing?? (quick change of subject!)

Still OFFTOPIC :lol: ;)

camjay
18th October 2010, 01:29 PM
I'm just back from Cyprus and saw a red Cooper S with the Union Jack roof, mirror covers and interior mirror. It looked lovely.

My last mini was black and I had the silver union jack on the roof and the union jack side flashes. I loved the look - it was very original (at the time) and wish I still had it today!