PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Meats - Sunday 12th December. EVENT CANCELLED!

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2010, 03:47 PM
SORRY FOLKS - EVENT CANCELLED:frown:

The festive season is just round the corner, so Lenore and I thought we'd take the lead this year and organise this year's Christmas Lunch.

After the popularity of the MINI Meats back in March we've kept the same venue so the details are:

Venue: Frankie & Benny's at Gyle Shopping Centre in Edinburgh
Date: Sunday 12th December
Time: Meet at 1pm for car park chats, table booked for 1.30pm.
Cost: We can chose from the Christmas menu or from the regular menu.

I should have a copy of the Christmas menu soon, so I'll scan this in and post it up.

Secret Santa: Following previous years, we'll do a Secret Santa, so everyone should bring a wee wrapped pressie - no more than £2!

This is a great opperchancity to have a good chat and meet up before the Christmas rush really kicks in. No run involved and the venue is of course, off main (gritted, salted, ploughed) roads.

They initially wanted £5 deposit from everyone, but I managed to persuade them to hold the entire booking on just £20 deposit. So we've paid that already and Lenore and I will just set that towards our bill on the day. Keeps the booking in place and avoids me having to chase folk for deposits.

All those in favour say... "ho, ho, ho!!!"

1. AndyP & Lenore
3. Fiona & Allan
4. Stoney
6. William & Megan
7. Colin & Amanda
8: Brian & Christina
9: ?

Total so far: 11

GCA3N
12th October 2010, 07:08 PM
Hi Andy stick Kim and I down for this please. Sounds good think I will try and steal my mums PW cooper soft top for this save me bringing mine on the boat. I'd probably have to leave by 3:45 (to catch boat) but that's loads of time, i think.

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2010, 07:12 PM
Hi Andy stick Kim and I down for this please. Sounds good think I will try and steal my mums PW cooper soft top for this save me bringing mine on the boat. I'd probably have to leave by 3:45 (to catch boat) but that's loads of time, i think.

Will do Greig. We should be well finished by 3.45. F & B's are pretty slick in getting your order, getting you served and getting you out - it's all about customer turnover.

A.:thumbs up:

Scottie
12th October 2010, 08:05 PM
as long as everything is ok and Allan is not getting his op we should be able to make this

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2010, 08:49 PM
as long as everything is ok and Allan is not getting his op we should be able to make this

Thats you added Fi.

stoney
12th October 2010, 09:22 PM
put me down christine is working

AndyP & Lenore
12th October 2010, 09:32 PM
put me down christine is working
:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

zimbo
13th October 2010, 09:34 AM
Andy none of these folks on your list have said the HO-HO-HO!!! pass word... :hand:

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2010, 09:34 AM
Andy none of these folks on your list have said the HO-HO-HO!!! pass word... :hand:

You just did. Should I add you?:D

A.:D

ELFMAN
13th October 2010, 11:50 AM
It's a provisional 'Tee Hee Hee!' for me Andy.

My friends and God-Daughters are very kindly taking me out for a slap-up Birthday Dinner round about then, so depends what date they choose. Hopefully I can do both, then hibernate till the Spring.

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2010, 12:22 PM
Thats you added as a maybe Euan.

ELFMAN
13th October 2010, 01:36 PM
Cheers Santa! Does this mean I have to be a 'Good Boy' so I can get a present?

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2010, 07:18 PM
Cheers Santa! Does this mean I have to be a 'Good Boy' so I can get a present?

No, you just need to bring a present to get a present.:D

AndyP & Lenore
16th October 2010, 12:47 PM
Anyone else up for some festive pudding, chat and general merryment? It's always a great day folks. Honest.:yes nod:

Duncan Stewart
26th October 2010, 07:46 PM
Sorry, were visiting relatives so cannot make it this year :sad:

AndyP & Lenore
26th October 2010, 11:06 PM
Sorry, were visiting relatives so cannot make it this year :sad:

No bother Duncan.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd November 2010, 12:19 AM
Calling all NMS'ers....:thumbs up:

We've only got 8 folk signed up for this.:frown:

Thinking it would be a popular venue and thinking the NMS spirit, combined with Christmas spirit, we'd get loads of folk signing up. So we booked the table for a provisional 20!!:blush:

Obviously I don't want to brow-beat folk to attend as there would be no point. But we had hoped this would get more support.:argh:

So, anyone else fancy some festive fun food and chat on the 12th December? Everyone welcome!:yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
15th November 2010, 01:23 PM
BUMP!

C'mon folks. With only 8 names down for this, it's hardly worth it.:frown:

Anyone else interested in some Christmas food and cheer?:thumbs up:

MINI William
16th November 2010, 09:55 PM
Andy stick me down please. Ill find out if Mum and Dad are free

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2010, 12:34 AM
Andy stick me down please. Ill find out if Mum and Dad are free

Cool, cool, cool!!:thumbs up: Was starting to lose hope.

Let me know about Mom and Pops and Megan too?

Colin
17th November 2010, 05:15 PM
Andy, put me and Amanda down as a maybe.

MINI William
17th November 2010, 05:24 PM
Andy add Megan please. Still waiting for mum and dad to tell me if they are coming or not

stoney
17th November 2010, 05:38 PM
Andy add Megan please. Still waiting for mum and dad to tell me if they are coming or not

just tell them to get there finger out and come :lol:

MINI William
17th November 2010, 06:11 PM
just tell them to get there finger out and come :lol:

I'll let you tell my mum that :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
17th November 2010, 06:12 PM
Andy, put me and Amanda down as a maybe.

Will do.:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
1st December 2010, 12:12 PM
Hope the ******* snow's gone by the 12th.......

MINI William
4th December 2010, 12:24 PM

So do I Elfman. Its just beyond a joke now

AndyP & Lenore
4th December 2010, 12:50 PM

So do I Elfman. Its just beyond a joke now

As long as we don't get much more next Sunday should be fine. I was in Edinburgh yesterday and the roads were fine.:thumbs up:

William, any news on your Mom and Pop coming?

stoney
4th December 2010, 03:54 PM
well i went to ****burns path to day and the roads where fine the worst thing was the low sun :wall:

MINI William
5th December 2010, 10:15 PM
As long as we don't get much more next Sunday should be fine. I was in Edinburgh yesterday and the roads were fine.:thumbs up:

William, any news on your Mom and Pop coming?

Andy just been told that mum and dad will be there

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2010, 10:33 PM
Andy just been told that mum and dad will be there

Excellent.:thumbs up:

Colin
6th December 2010, 02:20 AM
Andy, just to confirm we will be coming. (As long as the weather holds up fingers crossed)

AndyP & Lenore
6th December 2010, 11:34 AM
Andy, just to confirm we will be coming. (As long as the weather holds up fingers crossed)

Cool.:yes nod:

Lets hope this new snowfall doesn't last or melts ultra rapidly.:yes nod:

ELFMAN
8th December 2010, 11:15 AM
Andy and Lenore, I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to bail out of the Xmas Meal on Sunday.

I've lost 2 days work so far this week and it looks like I'll be doing a 'weekend shift' to get jobs out for next week. Christmas concert programmes and the like, all of which need to be out ASAP, so I'm playing catch-up. You know I'd make it if possible (like the last Run), but everything's conspiring against me at the moment! I'll let you know if circumstances change between now and then.

AndyP & Lenore
8th December 2010, 12:56 PM
Andy and Lenore, I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to bail out of the Xmas Meal on Sunday.

No worries Euan, I understand. More on this in my next post anyway.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
8th December 2010, 01:02 PM
Sorry folks. Event Cancelled.:blush:

It's just not worth risking asking people to travel in these conditions. It may thaw a bit over the weekend, but that could bring it's own risks - icy roads are one thing, melting wet icy roads are even scarier.

With low numbers to start with and with a few folk pulling out already, Lenore and I have decided to cancel the lunch. Difficult decision to take so early but I wanted to give everyone time to make alternative lunch arrangements.

Sorry folks.:blush:

A.

john
8th December 2010, 02:05 PM
A wise move,

ELFMAN
8th December 2010, 02:36 PM
Cheers Andy, I think that's a very sensible decision. Even if I was OK to go workwise, which is extremely doubtful looking at my workload today, I'd still have been very concerned re. the M8. and conditions in general. Although it's supposed to thaw a bit Thurs and Fri, it might well be freezing again by Sunday afternoon/evening when everyone was travelling home.

We can fit in a wee 'Post Christmas Meat' when the weather's a bit more stable and we can all relax and have a bit of the usual NMS banter. Again, good call for those who were going.

Colin
8th December 2010, 04:00 PM
Agree a sensible decision not worth the risk.

Craig
8th December 2010, 05:37 PM
Good call A & L ;). Sorry we had to call off but Sun was the first appt Sky could give us to fix our Tv. We have no co ax coming into the house so absolutely no tv for 6 days is torture enough ;frown; plus I don't have any annual leave left ....

MINI William
8th December 2010, 05:49 PM
Best decision I think

Scottie
8th December 2010, 07:25 PM
no problem... best to be safe than sorry

stoney
8th December 2010, 07:31 PM
Glad you have done this as its looking like i would have had to pull out as well cos of work and snow and i have been on the road today and it is no fun at all the roads are real bad !!!

Crombers
8th December 2010, 08:13 PM
Acht & here was us thinking of popping along as a surprise, in true panto fashion.

Then again, as my employer knows I CAN currently get to work I'll probably be asked to come in on my 'rest days' to cover for the 'no show to$$ers' !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
8th December 2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the positive responses folks, I was a tad worried you'd think it an overreaction.

Craig: no TV for 6 nights?:frown: The nights must be very boring, with nothing to do:frown:. So can we expect the pitter patter of little Davies feet sometime early September next year?:laugh:

A.:laugh:

Mini Ecosse
8th December 2010, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the positive responses folks, I was a tad worried you'd think it an overreaction.

Craig: no TV for 6 nights?:frown: The nights must be very boring, with nothing to do:frown:. So can we expect the pitter patter of little Davies feet sometime early September next year?:laugh:

A.:laugh:
:thumbs up::thumbs up::lol::lol:

Craig
8th December 2010, 09:47 PM
I have been knocking on doors in my street and begging for DVDs !! :lol: and naw it's too cold for "hanky panky" Jude says :laugh: