PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers :(

J40SSR
7th October 2010, 08:34 PM
Hi there Guys, I've just fitted CoilOvers.
Drove it a little and noticed rattling coming from the rear and some at the front.
Any ideas?
Everything was bolted tight:argh::D

Thank you

Craig
7th October 2010, 09:03 PM
One for the young pups this, as I've only ever fitted springs... :rolleyes:

cooperchris
7th October 2010, 09:09 PM
I've got coilovers on mine, But not a bit of a rattle coming from any where. Except the dash but thats always been there.

The only thing i do get is the wheels rub a bit now an again.

Forbes
7th October 2010, 09:38 PM
Not a scooby. Who fitted them?

Bazthemod
7th October 2010, 09:42 PM
Can rattle if they are set too low as the driveshaft is put under too much strain. Also check the basics that your wheel nuts are tight!

RyanK
7th October 2010, 10:08 PM
Pretty much all knock at the rear, there isn't a proven fault you just gotta deal with it if i remember right. My last 2 have had the same problem, always thought it was faulty dampers etc but had everything checked + new top mounts fitted and still no cure :(

Could be that you are too low and the spring is actually rattling away within the damper, if your sitting on the bumpstop this is more than likely the reason i think. My old car was down around 55mm at the rear and I reckon the spring rattling was the issue as it was very loud knocking. Current cars around 45mm and although theres knocking it's alot less than what it was 55mm down. Front could possibly be due to the oem top mounts + severe lows

All the knockings worth it though ;)

J40SSR
12th October 2010, 12:01 AM
cheers Guys, well that's great lol.
cheers again.

Sheilz
12th October 2010, 01:04 PM
Daz does G know you've been busy fitting coilovers rather than her kitchen? :hand::laugh: