PDA

View Full Version : Need a new windscreen.....

Linda M
2nd May 2003, 10:57 PM
Darn, went to the dealers today about the crack in Daisy's windscreen and they've told me I need a new one :(

john
3rd May 2003, 12:15 AM
Warranty????????????????????????????????????

Linda M
3rd May 2003, 01:05 AM
Good question John, I'm going to check into that :)

KenL
3rd May 2003, 04:59 AM
Linda,
Remeber your insurance will have preferred fixers where you'll only pay a small excess. If you let the dealer do it there will be a max they'll pay out.

Use your charms and gently remind the dealer how good a customer you are and you should get it under warranty though.

KenL
3rd May 2003, 05:01 AM
Linda,
Remeber your insurance will have preferred fixers where you'll only pay a small excess. If you let the dealer do it there will be a max they'll pay out.

Use your charms and gently remind the dealer how good a customer you are and you should get it under warranty though.

Linda M
3rd May 2003, 05:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Linda,Remeber your insurance will have preferred fixers where you'll only pay a small excess. If you let the dealer do it there will be a max they'll pay out. Use your charms and gently remind the dealer how good a customer you are and you should get it under warranty though.
Gee, Thanks Guys :) With Willie not being here I don't think of the warranty/insurance stuff, must be the blonde thing. Mindyou it has it's uses on the charm front :D:D:D

My minds been scrambled into a pulp the past few days, I think we've got serious interest in our house and I've been having to deal with estate agents/lawyers/surveyors etc and it 'all' happened the day Willie went away :clown:

Gismo
3rd May 2003, 05:15 PM
Apart from the obvious, us blokes have got our uses :D

Bonnie Scotland

WFC
3rd May 2003, 05:24 PM
Linda my cooper has had a crack in the windscreen for 10 months- it adds character!!!

KenL
3rd May 2003, 07:12 PM
Saw a sticker on a petrol pump this morning. Autoglass will fix a chick/crack less than the size of a £ coin for free.

Linda M
3rd May 2003, 08:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Saw a sticker on a petrol pump this morning. Autoglass will fix a chick/crack less than the size of a £ coin for free.
Funny Ken, I had the yellow pages out last night and found an Autoglass advert and there's one in Stirling so I think I'll pop through cos I'd rather not have to get a new windscreen after only 4 months :)

GAJ
3rd May 2003, 08:19 PM
Linda, what caused the crack?

Linda M
3rd May 2003, 09:45 PM
We think it was a small 'rock', we were on the motorway and it came from a lorry on the other side of the road. We both got a heck of a fright and the noise made our ears ring for hours. It's about a 2" semi circle, very deep but not through to the inside. But it's in my line of vision.

GAJ
4th May 2003, 12:03 AM
I would be suprised if that could be fixed but I suppose it's worth a try.

3GGG
4th May 2003, 12:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

We think it was a small 'rock', we were on the motorway and it came from a lorry on the other side of the road. We both got a heck of a fright and the noise made our ears ring for hours. It's about a 2" semi circle, very deep but not through to the inside. But it's in my line of vision.

Must have been scary Linda! - I'd get it replaced as you don't want the screen going completely if the crack gets worse. Would be happier getting the dealer to do it. Doubt if the warranty would cover it as it is really accidental damage rather than a manufacturing defect.

Linda M
8th May 2003, 09:26 PM
Daisy is finally to get a 'new' windscreen on the 20th.
It's getting done at the dealers and will be an 'official' MINI screen. After the body shop guy sedated me to get me to calm down as I 'hate' when Daisy needs an operation :eek: He then assured me that he would be doing it and it will be all bonded and I'll never know the difference :D Let's hope anyway !!