PDA

View Full Version : Pneus online

Sheilz
4th October 2010, 11:43 PM
Has anyone ever dealt with this company before? I went to check my emails tonight to see if they had sent me an email letting me know when my tyres would be sent. Well I was gobsmacked to find an email from them asking me to send them a utility bill from within the last three months to prove my identity! If I'd bought the tyres on credit I could understand that but I used my debit card! I've sent them a furious email, told them to either get the tyres dispatched or refund my money immediately. What a bl**dy cheek :argh

Delboy
5th October 2010, 08:15 AM
Sorry Sheilz, never heard of them. It might just be their normal policy to ask for this, however weird it seems. Hope it all works out ok for you.

ELFMAN
5th October 2010, 08:21 AM
Bad Pneus Sheilz! This is obviously b*ll*cks if you're paying by Debit Card. Be interesting to see their reply... good advert for them though..... NOT!

N16SHP
5th October 2010, 12:26 PM
Sounds a bit so so to me Sheilz! Hope they don't scam you! My credit card got skimmed last week which was a bit of a pain in the arse to sort out :(

AndyP & Lenore
5th October 2010, 12:56 PM
Sounds like complete bollocks to me Sheilz. Why would they need to confirm your identity? You've paid in the modern day equivelant of cash, supplied your name and address and asked for the goods to be shipped. Why on earth would they need you to confirm this? Very strange.:confused::confused:

A.

The Dogfather
5th October 2010, 01:01 PM
Mytyres used to do this, I spoke to one of their agents and it was because some people were using skimmed cards to order tyres. The credit card companies were basically refusing to give them the money stating that they hadn't done enough to prove the identity of the card holder.

They've stopped doing it now, probably because they realised how much business they were loosing.

GCA3N
5th October 2010, 01:18 PM
Mytyres used to do this, I spoke to one of their agents and it was because some people were using skimmed cards to order tyres. The credit card companies were basically refusing to give them the money stating that they hadn't done enough to prove the identity of the card holder.

They've stopped doing it now, probably because they realised how much business they were loosing.

I have heard this too paul. All companies are supposed to carry out checks most don't bother. I know kwik fit now won't accept payments over the phone now (ie card holder not present) due to the amount of fraudulent tyre purchases. I find that strange why this particular area would be so badly hit.

Sheilz
5th October 2010, 05:59 PM
I've been told that since I wont comply with their terms and conditions that they will not complete the order and will refund me as soon as possible. I have requested that the money be returned to my account today. I think I will report them to trading standards or something like that because its a bit of a cheek to take my money THEN ask for proof of identity. It should be internet companies proving they are up front not the other way around. The irony is that it went through RBS payworld and security checks by my own bank's fraud dept who phoned me to ensure the purchase was genuine. That's never happened before and that makes me worried a bit. Why that company? Anyway back to the drawing board - where on earth can I buy the Nokian tyres??

Elfman hit it on the nail BAD PNEUS

Craig
5th October 2010, 06:09 PM
got my Nokians last year Sheilz from MY TYRES (http://www.mytyres.co.uk/) so maybe try them :thumbs up:

Sheilz
5th October 2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks Craig.

The Dogfather
5th October 2010, 07:26 PM
That's who I used for all my winter tyres, they are actually shipped from Germany.

Sheilz
5th October 2010, 07:47 PM
That's who I used for all my winter tyres, they are actually shipped from Germany.

did you have to prove your identity after paying for your tyres? Might not be so bad if they asked for that before rather than after. I take it that you've been happy with the service they've given you?

The Dogfather
5th October 2010, 08:50 PM
I didn't have to do it last time, and I had no problems with the delivery. I think you have to wait a bit for the Nokians as they are special order.

Sheilz
7th October 2010, 06:42 PM
Yesterday got email saying they had refunded my money but none has appeared in my account. Have sent them another email telling them that if nothing is there by lunchtime tomorrow that I will be taking the matter further. Trading standards I think and possibly putting in complaint to the Police. I think if they took the money out in seconds they can return it a damned sight more quickly than they have done.