PDA

View Full Version : Tax

stoney
3rd October 2010, 08:39 PM
ok as some of you know from the run down to the show my tax disk says its out of date at the end of last month but i have not had my reminder thro the post :argh::argh:

so when got back home i went online and tryed to tax the GP

and got this message

TAX DISC APPLICATION Services Provided By DVLA: https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/framework/skins/dvo/images/dvla_logo.gif Licence Not Due

Warning!
Do not use your browser's 'Back' button as this may cause your transaction to fail and you may have to start again.
If you do need to change any of the information you have entered so far, please select 'Cancel' and start again.

A new licence is not due for this vehicle until: 01 11 2010

PLEASE BE AWARE - THERE IS A CURRENT VALID TAX DISC IN FORCE FOR THIS VEHICLE. IF YOU PROCEED, THE DISC THAT WILL BE ISSUED WILL START FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE EXISTING MONTH RATHER THAN THE START OF NEXT MONTH.

If you apply for a tax disc today the Licence Start Date on the tax disc will be: 01 10 2010

so what should i do my tax disk says its out of date but the DVLA says its not

dont know what to do :argh::argh::idunno::idunno::idunno:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd October 2010, 08:45 PM
Got to be an administrational c@ck up by DVLA. I'd call them tomorrow morning. There's probably a serial number on the tax disc on your car, pretty sure they'll ask for that. Like I said today mate, DVLA are not infallible.

A.

stoney
3rd October 2010, 09:04 PM
Got to be an administrational c@ck up by DVLA. I'd call them tomorrow morning. There's probably a serial number on the tax disc on your car, pretty sure they'll ask for that. Like I said today mate, DVLA are not infallible.

A.

true but i can tax the car after the 5th of the month and get an extra month out of it :yes nod:witch at the price of tax then that is a good thing :lol:

GCA3N
3rd October 2010, 09:21 PM
Never heard of that b4 a wee call should straighten it all out.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd October 2010, 09:33 PM
true but i can tax the car after the 5th of the month and get an extra month out of it :yes nod:witch at the price of tax then that is a good thing :lol:

I see your point Rob, but the ANPR camera's won't agree with you on that - IF that bit of the DVLA database shows your car as being out of tax.

A.

Craig
3rd October 2010, 10:49 PM
I believe ANPR data is taken from DVLA, not by reading the tax disc, therefore if DVLA think the car is taxed, then happy days ;)

Gismo
3rd October 2010, 10:59 PM
But..................if you have an accident and the insurance suspect anything dodgy they won't pay out, be careful

Mon the fish
4th October 2010, 07:15 AM
Don't do it online! Support your local Post Office and do it there - take in your V5 and they'll sort you out.

GP BILLY
5th October 2010, 08:04 AM
How long have you had the car rob? could it be you old car with your private plate is
the one that still has a months tax??? just a thought.

P.S. I see another GP at the show had no tax aswell:yes nod:

stoney
5th October 2010, 10:12 PM
Sorted now got new tax disk 2 day

john
6th October 2010, 03:51 PM
Was it on the other half of your cut'n'shut mini ?

or had it fallen off beside your tent?:smilewinkgrin:

stoney
6th October 2010, 05:57 PM
it was in the sleeping bag inside the tent :lol: