PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with R56 and LED sidelights help please.

Bazthemod
29th September 2010, 01:55 PM
Dealership are saying my hazards aren't working because I have fitted LED sidelights ... Can someone else with the bulbs we all ordered check that their hazards are working for me please? Many thanks Baz

N16SHP
29th September 2010, 02:57 PM
If its the same place as Fi got them from, then mine for fine mate!

Bazthemod
29th September 2010, 03:27 PM
Cheers Neil

Not getting it back today as they have to order parts for the hazards.... but its my fault coz the LEDs apparently. They will fix it this time but not next is their attitude.

Oh and their paint mix machine is broken so the wheels aint been refurbed either!

Doug_m
29th September 2010, 04:20 PM
They just find any excuse... If it was deffo your fault they wouldnt pay it :/

Poor excuse for wheels too lol. Its not a monday or friday today either... Ha

Bazthemod
29th September 2010, 04:32 PM
I know lol... Don't get me started about John Clarks lol

GCA3N
29th September 2010, 04:53 PM
Mines were definitely working on my R56 S baz 100%, some folks eh.:ragin:

MINI William
29th September 2010, 05:21 PM
Baz I can't see why changing your sidelights would effect your hazards, seems a bit strange to me

Bazthemod
29th September 2010, 05:33 PM
Baz I can't see why changing your sidelights would effect your hazards, seems a bit strange to me

Technician is saying that they muck-up the voltage levels of the car... but surely with the lights switched off the hazards would then work!?

Im brewing lol if they muck up tomorrow I will be raging lol. Least now I have some backup that other peoples cars are fine.

Craig
29th September 2010, 05:39 PM
Get them to prove it in front of you Baz. Take a set of normal bumbs, swap them over and see if the fault is still there... Call their bluff I say :thumbs up:

Scottie
29th September 2010, 06:06 PM
checked my hazards on the road home tonight and they worked fine. Are the hazards on the same wiring thingy as the side lights.??

mikeythemini
29th September 2010, 06:15 PM
Seperate wire

Delboy
29th September 2010, 10:27 PM
My hazard lights are working fine with the LED side lights. Sounds like a load of BS.

Bazthemod
30th September 2010, 07:51 PM
Got car back tonight, not a thing was said about the LEDs lol

Wheel refurb looks great and highly recommend it at £40+ VAT a wheel!

Also taken by surprise that they are sorting out the badge on my steering wheel - it has warped and cracked but I thought they would give it the old 'wear and tear' but no they have ordered a full airbag unit to replace it.

Happy Days!

Craig
30th September 2010, 08:13 PM
Woohoo !!!! ;)

GCA3N
30th September 2010, 08:25 PM
:thumbs up:Some good news baz delighted for you dude.:yes nod:

stoney
30th September 2010, 10:47 PM
good stuff baz

N16SHP
1st October 2010, 02:11 PM
Well have to say, sounds like you've had a good result Baz. Least you've got your motor back, as I know when I don't have mine, although your maybe not using it, still feels weird its not sitting outside!