PDA

View Full Version : Brake Dust

Sheilz
11th July 2004, 11:15 PM
On one of the other threads someone has mentioned green stuff helping with the problem of brake dust. I'm afraid I dont know anything at all about this though I'd really like to stop brake dust spoiling my wheels. I do wax them which does make a difference but if there's a way to minimize the problem at source I'd like to give it a try. Can anyone help? :question::)

X30YES
12th July 2004, 12:55 AM
Asda do a good wheel cleaner @ £2;89 ish ( £5 in Halfords for the same one ...use it regularly .

Sheilz
12th July 2004, 12:58 AM
On one of my never ending search for mini stuff on the web, I came across green stuff for brakes but didnt pay much attention - too technical for me, wish I'd persevered with it now. I got the impression it was something that was done to the brakes - or did I miss the point entirely?!
:I:question:

Gismo
12th July 2004, 01:06 AM
Your on the right track Sheilz, green stuff brake pads are the most common used pad to reduce brake dust.
it's a simple replacement for the existing brake pads, can get them from mini spares etc

3GGG
12th July 2004, 01:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

On one of the other threads someone has mentioned green stuff helping with the problem of brake dust. I'm afraid I dont know anything at all about this though I'd really like to stop brake dust spoiling my wheels. I do wax them which does make a difference but if there's a way to minimize the problem at source I'd like to give it a try. Can anyone help? :question::)

You can buy EBC Greenstuff pads here (http://new.minispares.com/NewMiniPerformanceParts.cfm)

I am thinking about them myself because I have white wheels.

3GGG
12th July 2004, 01:08 AM
Sorry didn't see your reply Bonnie!

Gismo
12th July 2004, 01:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG
Sorry didn't see your reply Bonnie!:I;):D

Sheilz
12th July 2004, 02:03 AM
Thanks! I get really annoyed with the brake dust, laways makes the car look as if it needs cleaning when it really is ok-ish!

I've also bought extra gauges to replace the two front air vents - oil and water temp. I'm keeping them for the new car. Can anyone recommend someone who can fit them for me. Do you think JC would do it?

Off for more retail therapy!!
:D:D:D

X30YES
12th July 2004, 03:45 AM
Dont be so heavy on the right foot then ...as it saves a bit of dust , but not so much fun

Sheilz
12th July 2004, 05:04 AM
S'true but even at legal speeds and in a relatively short time, the white wheels end up with a film of dust. Almost considering carrying a duster at all times. Makes me feel a bit like Black Agnes. She's one of my favourite Scottish heroines. In 1426, hubbie was away raiding south of the border. The English took advantage of his absence to launch their own raid on the family castle. After every volley from the seige guns Black Agnes led the women folk out onto the battlements with their dusters to disdainfully dust off the debris. I think she was ace!
(sorry, am a font of useless information!):I
:D:D:D

euan
12th July 2004, 09:07 PM
Try this simple trick - rub some car wax onto the alloys - stops the dust sticking (so much) making it easier to clean.

R7 ETH
12th July 2004, 09:28 PM
I put the turtle wax wheel wax spray on my wheels and i does make a difference, got it at my local store of Hellfrauds.