PDA

View Full Version : paint brake calipers,glasgow

Lady Mck
28th September 2010, 04:09 PM
I am looking for someone who can paint my brake calipers red,preferably in south side of glasgow area.I would love brembo red caliper but for the time being red paint will have to suffice! help please!! ;)

MINI William
28th September 2010, 04:24 PM
I am looking for someone who can paint my brake calipers red,preferably in south side of glasgow area.I would love brembo red caliper but for the time being red paint will have to suffice! help please!! ;)

Would you not be better to get a can of brake paint from Halfords and paint them yourself or get the other half to do them.

stoney
28th September 2010, 07:06 PM
or if you want them to last then get them powder coated there are plenty of places that will do it just do a google for powder coaters in glasgow

Lady Mck
29th September 2010, 12:13 PM
Would you not be better to get a can of brake paint from Halfords and paint them yourself or get the other half to do them.

are you having a laff?? me or other half?? cleaning the car is as far as we will go anything else is rocker science to me ! as for other half..don't want to encourage him it is my mini after all not his !! lol

Doug_m
29th September 2010, 12:22 PM
Its only really a case of loosening bolts, jacking up car on a flat area, taking off wheels, clean up calipers with brake cleaner or related products and give a lick of paint.

Being parnicity you could take calipers apart and 'do it right' lol

MINI William
29th September 2010, 01:03 PM
are you having a laff?? me or other half?? cleaning the car is as far as we will go anything else is rocker science to me ! as for other half..don't want to encourage him it is my mini after all not his !! lol

Fair enough but it is just taking your wheels off cleaning them and then a lick of paint. just like painting your nails :smilewinkgrin:

Lady Mck
29th September 2010, 02:21 PM
Its only really a case of loosening bolts, jacking up car on a flat area, taking off wheels, clean up calipers with brake cleaner or related products and give a lick of paint.

Being parnicity you could take calipers apart and 'do it right' lol

you make it sound so easy...NOT!! hubby probably could do it but has never got time after I let him clean the car!! ha ha !!

Lady Mck
29th September 2010, 02:24 PM
Fair enough but it is just taking your wheels off cleaning them and then a lick of paint. just like painting your nails :smilewinkgrin:

ha ha ...my nails would be ruined after all that!! hubby has no time or energy after cleaning my car to fiddle with wheels!! :laugh:
have found a place that powder coats them near by so will find out costs etc and take it from there..leave it to the experts I say!!

GCA3N
29th September 2010, 04:56 PM

I presume you are referring to rocket science:laugh:

Lady Mck
29th September 2010, 09:05 PM
I presume you are referring to rocket science:laugh:

yeah that as well :blush: see what I mean,and you guys think I could change wheels :lol: