PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Order

Sheilz
11th July 2004, 11:47 AM
I was reading some stuff on newmini2 about tracking orders through the production system. Does anyone know how to do this? I dont even know where the minis are made, apart from in a factory.
:I
Now that I know this can be done I want to do it too! Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you
:D:D:D:D

ny152
11th July 2004, 05:53 PM
I think this can only be done for American orders :(.

MartinSullivan
11th July 2004, 06:06 PM
I'm pretty sure Goldmini is right, this is an american only thing. I remember reading about it when I ordered my S and hunting for ages to find out how to do it.

Sheilz
12th July 2004, 12:54 AM
I got a reply on one of other sites which indicated as much. Shame though, might have been interesting being able to do that. Thanks anyway.
I've also been contacted by a printer from Norfolk who is going to have his designers draw me up some side graphics of the saltire. I will just have to wait and see what they come up with.
Cheers
:D:D:D

phantom
12th July 2004, 01:32 AM
The Mini is made at the Cowley plant in Oxford, I went on a factory tour last year just after Mini in the park. The factory is amazing, and too see all the Mini's being made is pure brilliant, they make 600 a day and everyone has been pre sold.
Maybe we could organise a visit for next year after Mini in the park if anyone is interested.:D

Sheilz
12th July 2004, 01:55 AM
That sounds like a good idea.:):)

phantom
12th July 2004, 03:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

That sounds like a good idea.:):)

Oh dear what have I started!:p;)
Mini in the park this year is at Silverstone as every fifth year its held here, in between its at Cornbury park near Oxford, we could have a club stand if we get enough interest. Its usualy held in Sept so have plenty of time for next years. I'm already booked for this year, last year was scorching.:cool::cool:

Sheilz
12th July 2004, 08:13 AM
Mmmmm! Could be incorporated into my hols. Sounds grand.:D:D:D

Duncan Stewart
12th July 2004, 05:13 PM
Usually August I think Chris, but moved to September this year so they could go to Silverstone. Great idea. I'd be up for it.

phantom
13th July 2004, 03:37 AM
I Emailed Mini yesterday, and got a phone number today so will see whats required and get back to you before doing anything else just in case.:)
Quite right Duncan, just found me brochure from last year, it was on Sun 17th August:D