PDA

View Full Version : Changing BrakeS

J40SSR
22nd September 2010, 10:48 AM
:smilewinkgrin:
Hi Guy's

I'm thinking of changing my front and rear brakes and possibly brake lines too.
I dont have a massive budget so it wont be "AP Racing or anything like that" Just for general use and some fast driving:frown:.
My Question is any recommendations for the S, do i need anything else when replacing discs and pads.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :D

Thank you

Gismo
22nd September 2010, 01:07 PM
If you're not changing the calipers then i'd go for GTT Spiroslot discs, too much choice for pads, someone will post their choice soon enough

J40SSR
22nd September 2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks dude. i will look forward to them.

Doug_m
22nd September 2010, 01:40 PM
I would recommend gt-tuning spiro discs n pads as gismo said.

I have them and am well pleased with them, was so impessed with the front that i got a back set and there ace too. Hotter they get the more powerfull they are :)

Not overpriced either.
You get dics, pads and brake fluid for the same price as just ebc discs :thumbs up:

Colin
22nd September 2010, 02:28 PM
You need a special tool if you are changing the rear pads. The piston has to be wound back in to the caliper. You can buy the tool online not too expensive and makes life a lot easier.

Gismo
22nd September 2010, 02:36 PM
You need a special tool if you are changing the rear pads. The piston has to be wound back in to the caliper. You can buy the tool online not too expensive and makes life a lot easier.Or.............. do as i did and simply wound them back in pushing the piston in at the same time with long nose pliers, assuming you have a pre 56 Mini

Mon the fish
22nd September 2010, 05:57 PM
EBC yellowstuff or Mintex M1144 pads, and you can't beat Nitrac discs - get too aggressive a pad and you'll eat the disc, although the EBC and Mintex won't do this.

If you're tracking the car, Carbotech XP8 pads, but not needed for the road.

J40SSR
28th September 2010, 09:22 AM
Perfect Guys;). Great help Cheers.

Big Gordy
28th September 2010, 10:14 AM
EBC greenstuff pads are a good all round pad for fast road / light track work. A lot less brake dust as well with the EBC stuff :thumbs up: Personally I'd stay away from EBC discs as I found them very prone to warping:frown: Had 2 sets on my Mondeo replaced under warranty for that reason:argh: