PDA

View Full Version : So good they named it twice.......

Fester
19th September 2010, 09:44 PM
New York New York.

Yes I am there on Tuesday for a well deserved holiday :cool: with 5 friends. Got so much planned for the 5 days we are there. I will of course be an ambassador for NMS and be Mini spotting whenever I can.

Anyone recomend some good delis or resturants??

Stephen

AndyP & Lenore
19th September 2010, 10:32 PM
Cool. Hope you have a blast!:yes nod: It was an option for us, but Dubai won 'cos we got a bargain on the hotel.

Never been before (I guess a connection through Newark Airport doesn't really count). Deffo on our list though.

Full report when you get back.:thumbs up::yes nod:

A.:D

Fairy
20th September 2010, 12:55 PM
Hiya Stephen - A Trip to New York - you lucky devil...Been there 5 years on the trot since spending my 21st there and falling in love with the place

I know you've already got stuff booked but just a few ideas whilst your there the I would highly recommend.....

Having champagne in the Marriot overlooking Times Square
Broadway is a must (would highly recommend 'Wicked')
Battery Park
Central Park (Lunch @ The Boathouse Restaurant is superb but pricey and you'll need to book)
Trip across on the ferry to Statue of Liberty
Empire State Building - go very early to avoid Q's or as late as u can at night to get amazing night views
Rockafella Centre - u get a magnificent view of the ESB
Brooklyn Bridge - wrap up warm though!
5th Avenue
Eat @ the Red Lobster in Times Square - superb grub
Tick-Tock diner 8th Ave (between 34th St & 35th St) clear the tables faster than you can change gear in a MINI!!!
Get a rickshaw ride around Times Square
Macys - what a place - 9 floors of shopping heaven!!! :))
Century 21 (located near Ground Zero) Bargains galore!!!
Have an absolutely fantastic time - go with the flow, try to blend and enjoy the most amazing city in the world - I bet NYC gets under your skin!! :smilewinkgrin:

Enjoy!
Fay

GCA3N
20th September 2010, 02:01 PM
Enjoy, very jealous defo on my places to go before I die list.

Flash_Amber
20th September 2010, 02:24 PM
This is somewhere I'd love to go. Got friends who go to Florida every other year but give me New York any day!

N16SHP
20th September 2010, 04:01 PM
Century 21 (located near Ground Zero) Bargains galore!!!

I'd go back to New York just for this shop!

Stewart
20th September 2010, 04:33 PM
Fay what a great list there, would love to do even a few.

Fester
20th September 2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks everyone, Fay we have half of that planned already planning the ESB during the day and Rockafellor at night There are 6 of us going so some very careful planning of what to do and where to go has been going on. Shopping is not high on my list of priorities unless I find a detailing shop.

Just finnished packing the suitcase so think I'll head to the pub for a pre holiday refreshment:beer: