PDA

View Full Version : zeemax kit query?!

miniFEF
10th July 2004, 03:51 PM
this one is for zeemax kit owners im meant to be gettin my car lowered on monday and i had the choice of 25mm or 45mm springs opted for the 45mm as dont think 25mm would make much difference! im i in for some problems? and for those of you with sports suspension plus how much lower is that from the standard suspension?

Gismo
10th July 2004, 05:30 PM
Julz will be able to tell more, but, i'm sure BabyB is lowered by 30mm and it is very low to the ground.
My S is lowered by 30mm and it has the SS Plus, my front spoiler hits most bumps and dips in the road and it's the standard bumper :eek:

I can't recall what car you have, but, i think you're gonna suffer with 45mm lowering springs on :(

Julz
12th July 2004, 05:32 AM
DON'T DO IT Mine is lowered 30mm and is a bit of a pain, grounds regulary and has had the front brackets replaced that hold on the front valance cause they were either buckled or broken. If you do decide to go ahead with it, I would advise removing the splitter (I think you've got it anyway) as you'll loose it the first leaf you drive over!! I must admit, I think it looks better lowered but it's highly impracticle, but then I believe you don't do alot of mileage so might not be too bad, but I would go for the 25mm and consider removing the splitter before you lose it!!:(:evil::D

miniFEF
12th July 2004, 11:56 PM
i did it! went up today and got the 45mm springs you really notice the back but front looks no different! i know wot it is like just now gettin over bumps but i needed to have it sittin that bit lower! thanx for your advice tho people. and julz - nice pics in go mini lets hope mine turn out that good on wed!

Julz
13th July 2004, 06:53 PM
Brave sod!!;) Don't worry about the front not looking right, mine actually took a wee while to settle down, don't know if anyone else had this prob.!! How does your splitter cope??:p
P.s., be careful of your rear arches, mine are all cracked where they meet them rear valance and if yours is a bit lower, it might hurt!!:(

Fontal
13th July 2004, 07:15 PM
Pics would be nice as I'm in a dilema as to how far to lower mine by, I know I don't have the zemax kit but it's the gap in the arch i'm interested in.

Starky
13th July 2004, 07:48 PM
I'm going off the zeemax now, maybe just go for the more subtle aero kit.