PDA

View Full Version : my mini is trashed

minidriver#1
1st May 2003, 10:53 PM
some guy drove into the side of me while i was on a roundabout and took the rear right side quarter of my car clean out. i almost puked when i got out and saw the damage. wasnt even driveable and had to be picked up and taken to the JC garage in dundee.

I was just about to leave the roundabout when i heard this screetching noise and saw a white effin van drive straight into me. the car got nudged about 2 or 3 feet and there was debris on the road. its not a write off, thank God, but its not just a bump either :(

Wul
1st May 2003, 10:56 PM
NIGHTMARE! that is crap KJ - at least your ok - physically that is - hope the damage isn't that bad and your back on the road soon.

White van man strikes again - he probably couldn't see you for the macdonald cartons built up on the dashboard!

Linda M
2nd May 2003, 12:49 AM
I feel for you KJ :( Hope you get it all fixed up ok.

duncan
2nd May 2003, 03:19 AM
Must be MINI bashing day, as some ****** ***** decided to reverse into my stationary MINI. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Slight bumper damage, Major Happyness damage

Stupid people shouldn't have cars

lightbody
2nd May 2003, 04:07 AM
Sorry to hear that.

They can and will make it 100% again. Keep smiling, at least you're OK.

knaone
2nd May 2003, 04:07 AM
I saw KJs car last night, it was lookin stunning, i am really gutted for KJ, JC should have no bother fixing it, their bodyshop apparently has an excellent reputation ;)

Monsta Mo Mini
2nd May 2003, 06:21 AM
Absolutely gutted for you mate. At least you're OK and I'm sure you'll be back on the road again in no time. Remember...at the end of the day it's just a car. Broken people don't fix quite so easily. :(:( Keep us posted on developments.

He was insured wasn't he??? Were the polis involved?

Julz
2nd May 2003, 04:12 PM
Sorry to hear that KJ! Some twit bashed my old car in the same place then buggered off!!
The JC bodyshop is brill, so they'll have your little green mini on the road in no time!!;)

duncan
2nd May 2003, 06:08 PM
Much respect to the JC bodyshop. They have put straight the bumper, so its not all doom and gloom on my MINI.

Saw an 03 Silk Green MINI outside the bodyshop, but was scared to look at it, sorry KJ

Fontal
3rd May 2003, 01:19 AM
I had somebody drive in to my car last september, door, door post, sill, rear quarter and drivers side seat (airbag went off) all had to be replaced, JC's Aberdeen had the car for around five weeks and did a great job on it but watch out if your door needs replacing that they put the window in at the right hight as mine wasn't and whistled and sucked out at over 50 mph which meant another trip to the dealer.
good luck and I hope your car is fixed soon

Woz
6th May 2003, 12:31 AM
Hope it all gets fixed OK. We got shunted in our old car a few years back and had probs ith it after it was fixed where it leaked water. Check it over fully once you get it back and report anything strange to the repair shop asap.

minidriver#1
6th May 2003, 08:45 PM
satellite, is yours a silver one? i saw a silver mini with its rear end bumper missing. And aye, twas probably my silk green you saw :(

Monsta Mo Mini
7th May 2003, 12:19 AM
KJ - I'm presuming you've remembered your password?;)

minidriver#1
7th May 2003, 01:25 AM
yah, i remembered :)

duncan
7th May 2003, 01:43 AM
Nope, mine is a Chilli Red One.

They had it for 20 mins and did it for free!

Still got a wee scuff on the bumper and a small crack on the chrome insert though, but i's only really noticible when you know its there

minidriver#1
7th May 2003, 02:01 AM
thats cool :) they havent started work on mine yet, still waiting on the insurance company to give the go ahead.

minidriver#1
7th May 2003, 02:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

NIGHTMARE! that is crap KJ - at least your ok - physically that is - hope the damage isn't that bad and your back on the road soon.

White van man strikes again - he probably couldn't see you for the macdonald cartons built up on the dashboard!

yeah, although on the bus to London, i could feel that my left side of my neck felt a bit jarred, but nothing serious.

minidriver#1
13th May 2003, 11:36 PM
i feel sick, will it ever be the same? :(

minidriver#1
14th May 2003, 01:24 AM
its loooking great! cant believe what a good job those guys have done. they said it should be ready tomorrow, but i dont mind waiting longer to make sure the finish off a marvelous job! :) *very happy smile*

Wul
14th May 2003, 01:54 AM
Good news :D KJ - soon be back on the MINI trail!

Willie M
14th May 2003, 03:42 PM
Congrats KJ, great to hear that the wee car's in fine shape :cool:
Hopefully see you both soon :)