PDA

View Full Version : Well Done............

Gismo
14th September 2010, 09:59 PM
........................The mighty Gers against Man Utd, :lol: thought we almost had them at the end :Whistle:

I must say, all the best to Valencia, get well soon :thumbs up:

Delboy
14th September 2010, 10:55 PM
Great point away from home for the mighty Gers :thumbs up:.

As for Valencia - it made my stomach churn when I saw his ankle hanging in his sock :frown:. What a terrible accident.

Stewart
14th September 2010, 11:13 PM
Glad to see the first point in the bag. Walter had his game plan and it worked. :thumbs up:

Crombers
15th September 2010, 07:00 AM
End to end game, against Man Utd 3rds (mind you I do wish we could nullify the opposition as well at The Waistcoat can)

Mon the fish
15th September 2010, 07:25 AM
Hope Manchester is in a better state this morning than it was 2 years ago

Big Gordy
15th September 2010, 07:48 AM
Hope Manchester is in a better state this morning than it was 2 years ago

According to the news on the radio this morning there were only 10 arrests and most of them seemed to be for ticket touting:rolleyes:

Mon the fish
15th September 2010, 01:43 PM
With Walter's tactics boring everyone to sleep, it's no wonder there was no trouble - no-one had the energy!

The Dogfather
15th September 2010, 03:17 PM
I suspect red nose was saving his players for this weekend........

Crombers
15th September 2010, 03:45 PM
I suspect red nose was saving his players for this weekend........

Agreed, what with the start Chelski have had any slip up on Sun from Manure could be telling, even this early on

Delboy
15th September 2010, 05:14 PM
With Walter's tactics boring everyone to sleep, it's no wonder there was no trouble - no-one had the energy!

Boring perhaps but effective. Not many teams will get a clean sheet at Old Trafford this season.

Mon the fish
15th September 2010, 06:56 PM
I'm amazed by the amount of people from Govan on here. Why else support them!?

Delboy
15th September 2010, 10:11 PM

I think you are going off topic and into potentially dangerous territory.

Stewart
15th September 2010, 10:52 PM
See the Hamilton game was just a ruse to get Man-U in to a false sense of security. After the weekend they simply thought England’s no1 striker would destroy our back line. It might be a weaker Man-U but there all internationals bar Gibson and Smalling. With Ferdinand, Fletcher, Valencia, Giggs and Rooney.

Well take the point and extra money thank you very much! Especially after tonight’s Gunners game.

Crombers
16th September 2010, 07:22 AM
Boring perhaps but effective. Not many teams will get a clean sheet at Old Trafford this season.

DVD of the game out for Xmas I hear :rolleyes:

Crombers
16th September 2010, 07:25 AM

Cos they arra peepol :thumbs up:

Mon the fish
16th September 2010, 09:02 AM
Cos they arra peepol :thumbs up:

The Old Farm doing well in Europe is bad for the Scottish game as a whole, as that = more money to them = an unbalanced and uncompetitive league.

Forget the OF doing well in Europe helping the co-efficient, forget that and focus on getting a competitive league, with everyone on an equal footing and a level playing field. Once we have that, then we can worry about the co-efficient.

A better co-efficient only means Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen/Motherwell/United etc will get the chance to get one game and get humped. There's no benefit to that. An equal, fair league on the other hand will enable all teams to improve, and then we can worry about Europe.

Of course, this will never happen, but you can dream!

Gismo
16th September 2010, 10:13 AM
An equal, fair league on the other hand will enable all teams to improve, and then we can worry about EuropeShow me in the world where an equal league exists

euan
16th September 2010, 10:24 AM
Show me in the world where an equal league exists

I think that's the issue - in Scotland with two teams with massive support already have (had!) massive financial support. The rest are pretty much on a par. So when those teams win everything, the gap widens and the league gets even more one sided.

The last couple of seasons, where the Old Firm haven't been able to spend as much as they have done has helped the SPL, as now the other teams can start to take points off the Old Firm and still be in with the chance of winning a cup.

All I want is for us to win a cup. Been a long time...

Mon the fish
16th September 2010, 11:16 AM
Show me a league with as much imbalance, and baggage that the of bring

Gismo
16th September 2010, 11:33 AM
Show me a league with as much imbalance, and baggage that the of bringI don't have to, you stated your opinion and there isn't a way to defend it, no league is balanced and never can be.
The same few teams win the English Premiership every year and no one complains on here.
Spain more or less have the same teams in the major European tournaments and have the same 3 teams battling for the league...........and on and on

Delboy
16th September 2010, 11:34 AM
Show me in the world where an equal league exists

You should never answer a question with a question :hand:.

I think Alan was asking about imbalance of finances/talent/quality - "baggage" as you call it is a different subject altogether. You really should try to stay on topic :smilewinkgrin:.

Crombers
16th September 2010, 04:36 PM

Dinna argue sir, 'they arra peepol' :Whistle::Whistle::Whistle:

Mon the fish
16th September 2010, 05:50 PM
Every league has it's bigger teams, that's only natural. But the top league in Scotland has only been won by two teams in the last 24 years, and is unlikely to be won by anyone else unless things drastically change. No other league I can think of is that bad - even the EPL has been won by 4 teams in the last 15 years. That's not healthy, or good for the game as a whole.

As I stated above, the of doing well in Europe does not benefit the rest of Scottish football one jot, all it does is provide an opportunity for whoever qualifies to play one game and get stuffed by a team no-one has heard of. Look at the results the past 3 years or so - Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs etc have hardly benefitted from their one game in Europe recently.

Aberdeen were the last non-of team to have a decent run in Europe in the UEFA cup, and due to UEFA restructuring the cup to the Europa League to further help Champions League drop-outs, it won't happen again, as 'wee' teams are seeded against said CL drop-outs. Therefore the of improving our coefficient doesn't help anyone but themselves. (Don't get me started on the greed of UEFA, or their pandering to ensure the so-called 'bigger' clubs get an easier ride through the Europa League)

Scottish football is dead in the water, and it will take a lot to resuscitate it. Rangers' draw is good for them, enjoy it if you come from Govan. But it doesn't help the rest of the teams in Scotland.

Stewart
16th September 2010, 06:36 PM
What’s all this Govan that has no relevance to anything, there a Glasgow Club and with a huge fan base outside the City just like Celtic and Man-U and Chelsea. :laugh:

I did enjoy the result because simply we are in the champions league and I’ll also feel encouraged that we went to Manchester and came away with a point as they are my team as I live on the south side.:thumbs up:

Mon the fish
16th September 2010, 09:36 PM
Rangers are from Govan. I just can't understand why people outside of Glasgow would support a Glasgow team instead of their local team.

And there's always Partick Thistle!

Gismo
16th September 2010, 09:47 PM
Rangers are from Govan. I just can't understand why people outside of Glasgow would support a Glasgow team instead of their local team.

And there's always Partick Thistle!Ok, to try and understand your point of view, where are you from and what team do you support?
I'm from Montrose, do you honestly expect me to support them as a national team :laugh:

Mon the fish
17th September 2010, 06:40 AM
I support Scotland, and go to all games home and away. I don't take an interest in league football, due to it being overpriced, boring, poor quality and uncompetitive.

I'm not telling people who they can and can't support, I just don't understand why people support the gruesome twosome when they have no connection personally with Glasgow.

Gismo
17th September 2010, 07:25 AM
I support Scotland, and go to all games home and away. I don't take an interest in league football, due to it being overpriced, boring, poor quality and uncompetitiveGood on ya, though i think the current scottish team falls into the description rather well. The fact we struggled to score against Lichtenstien is a prime example

I'm not telling people who they can and can't support, I just don't understand why people support the gruesome twosome when they have no connection personally with Glasgow.I'm scottish and Glasgow happens to be in Scotland :Whistle:

Mon the fish
17th September 2010, 08:24 AM
Glasgow is in Scotland, you are correct. But so is Dundee, Inverness, Aberdeen, Falkirk. Why the of? Why do people feel the need to support a club from another part of the country, when there are lots of other teams nearer where they live?

And yep, the Scotland team does fall under some of the terms I used to describe the league, but it's only 7 or so games a year, so you don't get bored as much. And when it's £1 a beer, and £3 a sirloin steak in Lithuania, it's cheaper as well!