PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Burple
13th September 2010, 11:52 AM
So what'd I miss?? lol

I've only got one word to describe the last 3 weeks in Oz.. AWESOME!

Loved every second of the time I was there, from camping in the snow up Lake Mountain near Melbourne (very close to where the bush fires of Black saturday last year were) to Bondi beach, to Sydney harbour, Melbourne itself and the Blue mountains.. Believe me it was an effort to get on that plane to come back!

Here's a quick couple of Pano shots taken with the iphone.. got a smidge over 5000 'real' pics to go edit.. eep! I'll bung a couple up when I get through 'em! :laugh:

Sydney Harbour:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4106/4985753523_3661217f58_b.jpg

Bondi Beach (with slightly dodgy stitching! lol)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4107/4986354072_de2dc81cda_b.jpg

Blue Mountains (from the 3 Sisters viewpoint)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/4985753589_0d367713ff_b.jpg

:cool::thumbs up:

Crombers
13th September 2010, 12:27 PM
Wasn't aware you were away big chap :rolleyes:

It is indeed an impressive place :yes nod:, I was fortunate enough to get my chance back in 2002/2003. Stayed in Sydney & then one middle week up on the reef on Hamilton Island. Met up with my brothers best man, sharing a few cold beers under the Opera house, just superb :thumbs up:. Did you happen to stumble across Bondi Icebergs Club up on the rocks (all year round, open air swimming) at all?

ELFMAN
13th September 2010, 01:04 PM
Good on yer, Cobber! But it's not as nice as Mull... and their beer's rubbish.

Seriously though - looks great. Always fancied a trip to Oz/NZ, but never been that organised and even if I was, it's too difficult to get off work long enough to make the trip worthwhile. Plus the fact yon Kylie would be following me around the whole time - as usual.

AndyP & Lenore
13th September 2010, 02:37 PM
Looks amazing out there:thumbs up:. Really want to do OZ sometime. It's on the big list of things to do.

A.:D

GCA3N
13th September 2010, 02:57 PM
wow pics you've not missed much :Whistle:

N16SHP
13th September 2010, 02:59 PM
Awsome pics mate! I'd happly print them off and stick them up in my flat lol! They really are awsome! Did you use a wide angle lens, or just cut them together. If you cut them together its an awsome job!

GCA3N
13th September 2010, 03:02 PM
Awsome pics mate! I'd happly print them off and stick them up in my flat lol! They really are awsome! Did you use a wide angle lens, or just cut them together. If you cut them together its an awsome job!

i thought i read somewhere neil a photo app for doing this, i could be wrong.

Mini Ecosse
13th September 2010, 03:54 PM
Super photos:thumbs up:

Sydney is our favourite city :thumbs up:

Burple
13th September 2010, 05:00 PM

No effort on my part at all.. It's an app fr the iPhone called Pano.. I think it's free and does a pretty good job at stitching them together itself.. by lining up the points of the photos you're taking.. it's not perfect tho, and in the full sized ones of these you can spot most of the joins! lol

Colin
13th September 2010, 10:05 PM
Looks amazing :cool: