PDA

View Full Version : Monza 2010

minimad
12th September 2010, 06:51 PM
HOWS ABOUT THAT RACE THEN GUYS!!! alonso is the best driver in f1 in my opinion proved it today. what was lewis trying to do at the start??lucky hes not getting investigated by the stewards after that dangerous piece of driving!.all in all a fantastic race totally enjoyed it:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Gismo
12th September 2010, 06:56 PM
alonso is the best driver in f1 in my opinion proved it todayHmm, sorry, i don't share your opinion there, cheats rarely get my vote :thumbs up:

minimad
12th September 2010, 07:20 PM
Hmm, sorry, i don't share your opinion there, cheats rarely get my vote :thumbs up:

cheats ????we won fair and square today were you watching with those silver coloured glasses on again mclaren were no match today ferrari all the way

Gismo
12th September 2010, 07:33 PM
cheats ????we won fair and square today were you watching with those silver coloured glasses on again mclaren were no match today ferrari all the way:lol: i'm still hurting from the team orders to let Alonso through when he couldn't actually get past Massa

Scottie
12th September 2010, 07:39 PM
Alonso is a dick end off.

Gismo
12th September 2010, 07:44 PM
Alonso is a dick end off.:lol:

The Dogfather
12th September 2010, 07:49 PM
Alonso is massively overrated and a moaning little git to boot. I guess it just means that championship race is hotting up...

minimad
12th September 2010, 08:15 PM
Alonso is massively overrated and a moaning little git to boot. I guess it just means that championship race is hotting up...
overrated.....did you watch the same race as me lol hes number one in my eyes

minimad
12th September 2010, 08:16 PM
good god i thought his name was FERNANDO heheh

The Dogfather
12th September 2010, 09:44 PM
overrated.....did you watch the same race as me lol hes number one in my eyes

Yes, I watch the entire race and failed to see anything that would have made me think he was anything special, he had a faster car than Button but didn't manage to string together an overtaking manoeuvre despite the ferrari's obvious straight line advantage.

Did you watch the last race where he crashed out?

baptie
12th September 2010, 10:07 PM

Yup, Have to agree!

Top race, loved from start to finish.
I am loving the start/finish commentary with Jake, DC & Jordon. what a laugh.
Loved the Vettel Interview, Big Webber was FUMMIN'

minimad
12th September 2010, 11:02 PM
Yes, I watch the entire race and failed to see anything that would have made me think he was anything special, he had a faster car than Button but didn't manage to string together an overtaking manoeuvre despite the ferrari's obvious straight line advantage.

Did you watch the last race where he crashed out?

yes i did see him crash out unfortunatly but at least he done it clawing back a good few positions unlike hamilton who crashed out today not even making it round the first lap!!

Crombers
13th September 2010, 12:11 AM
Alonso is a dick end off.At's a pity, he speaks highly of you, he he

Crombers
13th September 2010, 12:15 AM
Alonso is massively overrated and a moaning little git to boot. I guess it just means that championship race is hotting up...Canny quite match 'massively overrated' & double world champion :idunno::idunno:

Crombers
13th September 2010, 12:19 AM
:hand: Forza Fernando, ........ get RIGHT in there :hand:

The Dogfather
13th September 2010, 06:34 AM
Canny quite match 'massively overrated' & Former double world champion :idunno::idunno:

You missed out a key word from that sentence. You could argue he's just like Schumacher who's 7 times World Champion and no longer good enough. Remember how he was outperformed by a rookie driver with the same car at Mclaren?

Unfortunately its impossible to accurately gauge how good driver's are because there's no way of knowing how much is down to the car and how much is down to the driver. What you can see are unforced errors and Alonso has made quite a few this season.

The Dogfather
13th September 2010, 06:38 AM
yes i did see him crash out unfortunatly but at least he done it clawing back a good few positions unlike hamilton who crashed out today not even making it round the first lap!!

Hamilton crashed because he was racing for position something he does better than any other driver in F1 at the moment IMO. He took a chance and got it wrong, he was the first to admit it afterwards. From what I remember Alonso spun it in the wet when he had wets on and was under no pressure.

minimad
13th September 2010, 09:37 AM
Hamilton crashed because he was racing for position something he does better than any other driver in F1 at the moment IMO. He took a chance and got it wrong, he was the first to admit it afterwards. From what I remember Alonso spun it in the wet when he had wets on and was under no pressure.

what?? he crashed out because of total inexperience and is lucky hes not under invesigation for dangerous driving!

Gismo
13th September 2010, 09:54 AM
what?? he crashed out because of total inexperience and is lucky hes not under invesigation for dangerous driving!If you look at the replays he actually didn't have anywhere to go, someone was right behind him, I'd argue that Hamilton actually was on the racing line with Massa cutting into him as well, for me it's a driving incident and not worthy of a full investigation

N16SHP
13th September 2010, 10:05 AM
what?? he crashed out because of total inexperience and is lucky hes not under invesigation for dangerous driving!

Well I watched the highlights this morning and thought it was pretty boring to be honest. But I have to say that you can't really say that Hamilton doesn't have much experience, he took the championshiop down to the wire in his first season in F1, won it in his second season, and drove in the pack for most of that season unscathed in an under performing car. I'd also hardly say that it was a dangerous manuover, he was racing for position and 'tapped' Massa's car, not causing him to deviate from his line, or cause any damage. Niko Hulkinburg, now that was dangerous driving. What about Fernando leading on Jenson off the start line trying to defend his position. Yes he's allowed to do that, but he should of made a better start and beaten Jenson to the first corner. And if anything, I'd say Mark Webber had the best drive yesterday, poor start and too cautious in the first corner, but two brilliant overtaking manuovers, how many did Fernando make, 1....in the pit lane!

Fairy
13th September 2010, 10:12 AM
I thought it was a superb race - chuffed to bits when Alonso came out in front of Button after he'd pitted...there was no chance of Button challenging for first...he doesn't know how to be aggressive / overtake IMO...if Alonso had come out in front of Lewis...now that would have been entertaining :)
Nico Rosberg did brilliant but he's never really mentioned and under-rated i think

Was gutted for Hamiton, but was his own fault

Bring on Singapore - only 10 sleeps to go til we leave!!!

Delboy
13th September 2010, 10:33 AM

What?! Inexperience? I think you need to be a little more objective with your comments :rolleyes:.

Hamilton was a bit too aggresive and paid the price - and he admitted it too.

Alonso drove a good solid race (apart from screwing up the start, rear-ending Button at the chicane on lap 1 and going straight through the chicane late on) and had his pit crew to thank for gaining almost a second over Button's pit stop - just enough to get in front of Button as he exited the pits.

I thought Button was excellent, had a fantastic start and not only kept Alonso behind him for more than half of the race but also kept fairly close to him for the remainder of the race too. (All that with a damaged car thanks to Alonso :Whistle:.)

Pretty entertaining race all round IMO :thumbs up:.

Crombers
13th September 2010, 12:09 PM
You missed out a key word from that sentence. You could argue he's just like Schumacher who's 7 times World Champion and no longer good enough. Remember how he was outperformed by a rookie driver with the same car at Mclaren?

Unfortunately its impossible to accurately gauge how good driver's are because there's no way of knowing how much is down to the car and how much is down to the driver. What you can see are unforced errors and Alonso has made quite a few this season.

Y'know I'm begining to think your not a big fan of Fernando :rolleyes:

minimad
13th September 2010, 12:42 PM
Y'know I'm begining to think your not a big fan of Fernando :rolleyes:

i dont think any of these silver ferrari fans are fans of alonso??FORZA SCUDERIA FERRARI!!

N16SHP
13th September 2010, 03:02 PM
I would just like to point out that I thought Alonso would win the title this year :P Still don't think he's the best driver in F1. Maybe in his Renault days he was, but I think Lewis is a better more aggressive driver, Jenson is a good consistantly smooth driver, Vettel is consistantly an ass but very quick. To cause a bit more contraversy, I think Timo Glock is a tremendous driver, along with Niko Rosberg in two very average cars! In short, no Alonso is not the best driver in F1, 3rd best maybe?

Mini Ecosse
13th September 2010, 03:57 PM
I would just like to point out that I thought Alonso would win the title this year :P Still don't think he's the best driver in F1. Maybe in his Renault days he was, but I think Lewis is a better more aggressive driver, Jenson is a good consistantly smooth driver, Vettel is consistantly an ass but very quick. To cause a bit more contraversy, I think Timo Glock is a tremendous driver, along with Niko Rosberg in two very average cars! In short, no Alonso is not the best driver in F1, 3rd best maybe?

I would put money on Niko Rosberg and Paul Di Resta being the Mercedes drivers next season:thumbs up:

euan
16th September 2010, 09:48 AM
I would just like to point out that I thought Alonso would win the title this year :P Still don't think he's the best driver in F1. Maybe in his Renault days he was,

Assisted by poor team mates and "allegedly" illegal traction control? I'm sure I could win a world title with that kind of help ;-)

I read an interetsing article by Whitmarsh this week that summed up Alonso - in his season he had at McLaren, he'd gone to see Whitmarsh about why he was letting Hamilton race him and not just let him(Alonso) win. Whitmarsh responded - "I certainly said to a gentleman who is not sat here (Alonso) that if you want to win a world championship you have to look at yourself in the mirror and believe that you won it, that it has not been gifted."

Alonso went off in a huff, went to Renault and oh look, team orders mean he wins a race. Goes to Ferrari and, oh look, teams orders mean he's in contention for a world title.

I'll acknowledge he's a good driver, not the best in F1 by any way, but I'll respect him when he wins without anyone elses help. He behaves like a spoilt brat at the moment and, to be honest, fits right in at ferrari. Will be interesting next season, from what I've heard Massa doesn't like the tyres at the moment but the Pirelllis should suit his style more. If he is still at ferrari, who knows what can happen.

As for Hamilton - last season made him IMHO. He's come out of it a more complete driver, with a much better attitude and also, massively more driven as he knows he won't be in contention every year now.

Now, Monza - McLaren called it wrong with the tyres for Button, but he was never going to win as Alonso had the much faster car all weekend. McLaren didn't have a Monza spec wing like a lot of the other teams (Ferrari for example) so it would have been more interesting to see the outcome had they taken one, and worked it in with the F-duct. Could have been a blinding package.