PDA

View Full Version : John Cooper Metal Sigs

The Bull
10th July 2004, 09:58 AM
I saw a guy who had a metal JC sig on the back of his Coop at Arbroath...anyone know where I could pick one up? Ta very muchly.

Richard
11th July 2004, 01:00 AM
I'm not sure if this badge could be part of the Works kit:question:

quote:Originally posted by picklehammer

I saw a guy who had a metal JC sig on the back of his Coop at Arbroath...anyone know where I could pick one up? Ta very muchly.

Big Col
11th July 2004, 05:20 AM
I think the badge in question belonged to lnl as I spotted it too and meant to ask 'im about it.

Heather
11th July 2004, 05:34 AM
Ive seen them on ebay. Dont know if there are any there right now though.

X30YES
11th July 2004, 07:35 PM
Well look then girl , hahaha , sure I saw some the other day when I looked

MartinSullivan
11th July 2004, 07:59 PM
these are in chrome vinyl, not solid metal - but look the part

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43122&item=2484091350&rd=1

Burple
12th July 2004, 08:28 PM
Yup...

That's ma baby! :D

I'm sorely tempted NOt to tell you where I got em... ;)
So youse cannae copy me..

But ok... I got it at Mini In the Park Last year
(The badge had figured in my plans for the car since I ordered it, hence the reason for no Cooper Badge! :cool::D)

Martin, That's exactly the same one, They *are* chrome (metal),with a sticky back to them, not Vinyl. If I remember rightly, mine cost me about £15, from a friendly trader ( a friend of a friend ;))

They were originally only available from John Cooper for a while, but there's a few companies selling them now. They were sold originally for Classic Minis (John's son Mike has a couple on the dark blue metallic project car that belongs to him, and now sits proudly in their showroom), but I just thought it would look sweet on the back of mine... looks like I was right!! ;);):D:cool:

Ah well... there goes my secrets... ;):D

P.s... also saw a cople of Dutch cars last year at MITP who had 2 of these badges, one on each side of the B pillar at the bottom, on the black surround of the side window glass. They look REAL nice there, but I'm pretty sure they would be a right PITA to clean around there!! ;):blackeye::D

MartinSullivan
12th July 2004, 09:35 PM
the same guy has also got quite a cool chrome union flag, would look pretty cool on the back of ur mini (jeez I should ask the bloke for commision!!! :D )
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43122&item=2484091348

Thanx LnL for coming clean about your source :)

The Bull
13th July 2004, 01:53 AM
Thanks lnl...muchly appreciated.