PDA

View Full Version : Boot not opening!!!

J40SSR
8th September 2010, 11:52 PM
Hi Guys, i have a problem with my boot latch/button. When i press it nothing happens. I've tried locking the car and opening it, but nothing. I've evan just unlocked the boot but still nothing. Is this a common problem? Since this has started it will open but not for at least 10mins :argh:
please help!!

N16SHP
9th September 2010, 09:13 AM
If you have an R56 (06 onwards) then I had this problem with my S, the boot mech is too tight, and won't release the boot. Its a two minute job for JC's to fix! Only thing I would say, is mine just never opened, so theres an outside chance it's something different if it opens after 10 mins!

J40SSR
9th September 2010, 09:21 AM
Hi N16SHP, my car is a 54plate. Last night when it did open i sprayed it with white lithium grease.
This morning i checked it and omg it opens. over and over. lol.
Hope you got this sort on your wee car ok. I hope this is the end of it.
thanks again.

Sheilz
18th September 2010, 03:42 PM
Hi Darren, Specy sometimes did that too and he was also a facelift model. Jessie clearly just needed a wee bit of TLC ;):thumbs up:

dellie
20th September 2010, 09:16 AM
I had a similar problem last winter where my boot wouldn't open or it would open randomly, hubby gave it a good clean and greased it up and it's been okay since then (prob jinxed it now!)

J40SSR
22nd September 2010, 10:40 AM
thank you dellie, it's a blooming pest. But i think "touch wood" i've cured it. i did the exact same thing.

thank you .

john
22nd September 2010, 08:04 PM
thank you dellie, it's a blooming pest. But i think "touch wood" i've cured it. i did the exact same thing.

thank you .

On a 54 plate there is a pull cable under the rear seat to open the boot in such cases :yes nod: