PDA

View Full Version : Runflats

Roscoe
8th September 2010, 02:16 PM
Hi everyone, my first post on here so be gentle. I'm Ladymck's co driver and car cleaner!

I was reading the manual re checking the pressure in the run flat tyres and I am a bit confused to say the least! Can you not just check the pressure and add air if required then leave it? Do you have to go through the process of resetting and driving after every check?

No doubt I will be on here more as I think of more silly questions.

Cheers

Gismo
8th September 2010, 03:05 PM
The sensor works off the rolling circumference, for want of a better phrase, and will detect differences and warn you when one revolution is greater (or smaller) to the other.
If you add air to your tyres i expect you'll make them the same either front or back, the sensor does not requre resetting for this operation but, should you for example put 40 in one and 20 in the other it will detect it and the symbol will illuminate on the dash.

Roscoe
8th September 2010, 03:54 PM
Brilliant, thanks for that. Was kind of dreading go through that every week!

N16SHP
8th September 2010, 04:02 PM
If you do go through the computer, its a very simple process, the manual makes it sound complicated, but its litterally a 30 second task. But as the Boss has said, you shouldn't really need to do it!

Delboy
8th September 2010, 04:14 PM
As Neil said, it is easy and quick to reset the sensor and I would recommend that you do it after adjusting your tyre pressures.

Stewart
8th September 2010, 05:52 PM
I check the tyres once a month and keep them at 32 Psi and its never knocked the Sensor out yet, the only time that happened was when the dealer changed my Recon Alloy for a new one and as I drove home it came on. But in saying that I might re-set now that I read what been said.