PDA

View Full Version : photo editing software

rawtor51
8th September 2010, 12:01 PM
Guys i was just wondering what editing software you use,

Ive got Paint but not sure about it, im looking for somthing even a dummy can use, just basic stuff really, not as basic a Microsoft Paint though:D.
On my last pc i hade Broderbund Photo editor and i thought it was pretty good but id dosnt work on Vista.

Oh and it needs to be free for download,

Ferengo
8th September 2010, 12:35 PM
You could always try the free download of photoshop. You get a 30 day free trial. You could also get an older copy on Ebay pretty cheap like photoshop 6 or 7.

pot007
8th September 2010, 12:47 PM
I use PaintshopPro at work.....its pretty good if you have the time to play about with it (its the only way to learn!)
If it was up to me I would have had Photoshop (theres millions of books for Photoshop....pretty much none for PSP), but I didn't get to choose.......
Its got a few 'one click' buttons which change your pics to Black'n'White/Sepia etc at the touch of a button.....which is handy if thats all you want to do.
I think it has a free 30 day trial too, so there's 60 days of free editing already!

Wul
8th September 2010, 01:09 PM
I've always used GIMP (no laughing now!) it's pretty much a free version of Photoshop - perhaps not quite so user friendly as Photoshop in terms on menus layouts etc but it can do pretty much all the same stuff...but for free! :-)

http://www.gimp.org/

N16SHP
8th September 2010, 01:36 PM
I'd also recommend Photoshop Elements. I use Photoshop CS4, but Elements has all you need for photo editing!

rawtor51
8th September 2010, 08:25 PM
cheers lads i will have a look into them, hopefully find at least one i like :thumbs up: