PDA

View Full Version : When you have Scenery like this and the Weather who needs anywhere else

Stewart
2nd September 2010, 11:51 PM
When you have Scenery like this and the Weather who needs anywhere else. The roads were nice and quiet for the most part. So although as always a rush job took a few pictures on the go. Annoying when you see the prefect spot to take a pic then work out it’s a good half hour walk away from the car and you don’t have the time.:ragin:

The pillbox was an added bonus as its over three levels and I’ve not been there since I was seven and this time the steal door was missing that kept me out as a kid and you could just walk in. result!:smilewinkgrin:

So 246 miles round trip on fantastic roads and I still got 57MPG over all, it was sitting on 60.1 MPG :blush: when I got to Oban at 112 miles. So yeah nervous passenger so more or less drove at sixty all the way but still great fun. :thumbs up:

Glasgow-Inveraray- Taynuilt-Oban- Connel Bridge- Creagan- Ballachulish- Glen Coe –Bridge of Orchy – Crianlarich-Glasgow.

The wee Cooper looked so lonely parked without its mini friends at the Halls in Oban.

rawtor51
3rd September 2010, 07:51 AM
yeah i totally agree with you , nothing better than going for a tour in this country when the weather is great, beutifull pics bud.

The Dogfather
3rd September 2010, 08:07 AM
Hopefully the weather will be that good this coming week :D

ELFMAN
3rd September 2010, 08:12 AM
Ye canny whack Scotland in the sunshine! Was on Mull last week and it was mostly great weather. Didn't take any pics of the car though - I've got so many, I just went down the beach with a book!

GCA3N
3rd September 2010, 08:59 AM
Sounds like you had a great time mate. Great fuel economy to boot and at an average speed of 42 that's ok. As far as Scotland goes your totally right we have some of the best scenery in the world, it's normally our weather that is the let down, however when you get both combined well your pics speak for themselves. Have you got more with the car in them surely a few contenders for our NMS calendar.

I am going for a run round the island today get the beast out for a bit (not the missus) try see if I can snap some shots as half decent as yours.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2010, 09:46 AM
Cool pics.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Stewart
3rd September 2010, 09:58 AM
:thumbs up:You know what I think I took only a few of the car and even the other shots that have been compressed there for the web are just quickies. The average speed thing in the car is as good as a chocolate fire guard in my view. I was sitting on sixty for about ninety miles but there was two sets of road works that I sat at with the Auto stop start on and as you know even with the car is stopped it still keeps taking note of the Zero speed.

You know what the weather was in my view with the blue sky, was just too bright for the pictures in a funny way, it was if definition was lost to huge shadow.

Hope you have a nice day in the car, and Paul if your up in your Van I hope you get some of this weather.

As for the weather seemingly it’s been great for a week up there but raining late at night, or so a local was telling me in Oban. Gave me an excuse to wash the car beginning of next week as now it really needs it.

Wee pic of the Car missing its Mini friends that have been beside it the last few visits and the Average after 240 odd miles..........

Delboy
3rd September 2010, 11:29 AM
Very nice pics Stewart :thumbs up:. Looks like you had a cracking drive - very jealous I was working :argh:.

Hopefully the weather will be that nice tomorrow as I'm heading to Loch Lomond...

Craig
3rd September 2010, 03:47 PM
Great pics Stu ;)

Scottie
3rd September 2010, 06:07 PM
nice pics a shame you didn;t have some company

Gismo
3rd September 2010, 06:42 PM
This is the type of scenery i do miss

Stewart
3rd September 2010, 10:44 PM
This is the type of scenery i do miss

You know what when I was in your part of the World (Florida) I got bored of no bends and the fact everyplace was flat.......and not enough decent trees oh and too many of those things that kill you.:smilewinkgrin: but come back to me in November when its pissed down for two weeks over here and Cold.

nice pics a shame you didn;t have some company

A few of the Roads over from Connel that you could see for what felt miles ahead and empty I really missed my Mini pals. :sad: although it was nice to pull in and take a picture without having to think about anyone else.

weefossy
3rd September 2010, 11:34 PM
Love the picture of the lonely cottage..........is that not Greig's house?? :yes nod:

audrey
3rd September 2010, 11:41 PM
Great pics :thumbs up:

GCA3N
4th September 2010, 07:04 PM
Love the picture of the lonely cottage..........is that not Greig's house?? :yes nod:

About as remote as mine no doubt.

Flash_Amber
4th September 2010, 07:08 PM
Lovely scenery and great pics!

euan
4th September 2010, 07:31 PM
Lovely pics, I'm well overdue a road trip up that way!

baptie
4th September 2010, 11:11 PM
Top pics.

15mins ago I was planning a route from my house to Castle Stalker.
Love the road up and It kinda follows your route.

Nice one