PDA

View Full Version : Suspect we'll have a new Stig soon

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2010, 06:24 PM
Now he's outed himself. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11151777):frown:

A.

Gismo
1st September 2010, 06:34 PM
Yep, been following it on Sky News, not fussed either way, it's the character that i like, don't care that i know who it is

stoney
1st September 2010, 06:41 PM
it 1/2 the fun of it like i have the t shirt that says I AM THE STIG as andy says i think the will have a new one soon as he signed a contract saying he would keep it to him self i wonder what colour he will be this time :lol:

Stewart
1st September 2010, 06:45 PM
It’s a shame some publicist has talked him into this. It might have been better and more interesting to have it as “Rumoured to be the Stig” if so why not read about him.

This is unless there is not a lot to read about till he gets onboard TG.

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2010, 06:46 PM
I know what you mean Alan, at the end of the day it's like a fictitious role in a film - the role is splayed out by an actor, and you know who the actor is.

But I'm with Stoney, part of the enjoyment is not knowing who the guy is. It's just a shame this guy has decided he can make a quick buck by outing himself. I doubt this is one contract the Beeb are gonna renew.

A.

euan
1st September 2010, 07:50 PM
It's been widely rumoured to have been him for years if you did some digging, but I think it's a real shame that he's done it.

I met Perry McCarthy (Stig 1) at a work event a few years ago after he'd "come out". He did a great pitch and was a really nice guy, though he really slated Clarksons driving ability.

MINI William
2nd September 2010, 07:17 AM
I agree with Stoney it's half the fun not knowing who it is. New one should be red

Delboy
2nd September 2010, 08:02 AM
I agree with Stoney it's half the fun not knowing who it is. New one should be red

+1 (except the new one should be Laser Blue :lol:)

Mini Ecosse
2nd September 2010, 10:35 AM
+1 (except the new one should be laser blue :lol:)

pmsl