PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Chrome Trim Removal

audrey
30th August 2010, 10:47 PM
As above does anyone know how I can remove this I have just bought a new one as the one I have is dented. Hoping I don't have to remove the whole bumper :frown:

Thanks Audrey

GCA3N
30th August 2010, 11:28 PM
I had a look on a couple of other forums and can't see a guide. Did read a couple of comments about drilling it at certain places to remove it. I am guessing if your not keeping the part them it won't matter damaging it whilst removing it. Will look again tomorrow.

audrey
30th August 2010, 11:38 PM
I had a look on a couple of other forums and can't see a guide. Did read a couple of comments about drilling it at certain places to remove it. I am guessing if your not keeping the part them it won't matter damaging it whilst removing it. Will look again tomorrow.

Thanks Greig I looked on a couple of other forums too think it is stuck on with adhesive and there are tabs on it which go through the bumper just don't want to try and prise it off incase I damage the bumper don't mind about the actual trim will be throwing it away

Craig
31st August 2010, 08:00 AM
A bumper swap is fairly simple if the bumper is the same colour. I am sure we could help you out if your close by to some helpful chap ;)

audrey
31st August 2010, 11:56 AM
A bumper swap is fairly simple if the bumper is the same colour. I am sure we could help you out if your close by to some helpful chap ;)

Thanks Craig Its just the chrome strip on the rear bumper that i need to change as it is dented the actual bumper is ok