PDA

View Full Version : N16shp

john
30th August 2010, 08:47 PM
Spotted you last week filling up at Tesco King st and then again today at Union Sq

GCA3N
30th August 2010, 08:51 PM
Spotted you last week filling up at Tesco King st and then again today at Union Sq

cough cough Tesco's fuel. :lol:

N16SHP
31st August 2010, 08:58 PM
I think that must have been my better half driving at Union Square as I was working all day! Unless it was a night time, but I still wasn't really in that direction. Did you not spot me filling up at Tesco last time?

Gregory, what's wrong with Tesco's fuel?

GCA3N
31st August 2010, 09:07 PM
I think that must have been my better half driving at Union Square as I was working all day! Unless it was a night time, but I still wasn't really in that direction. Did you not spot me filling up at Tesco last time?

Gregory, what's wrong with Tesco's fuel?

Just kidding mate, I use it too, but there are fuel snobs that only use super unleaded from Shell/BP etc. :lol:

N16SHP
31st August 2010, 09:21 PM
I honestly think I get more out of a tank from the supermarkets, than the main streamers. Last time I filled up from Shell, i was back to fill up before I knew it. And before anyone points out, i did no extra driving!

GCA3N
31st August 2010, 09:40 PM
I honestly think I get more out of a tank from the supermarkets, than the main streamers. Last time I filled up from Shell, i was back to fill up before I knew it. And before anyone points out, i did no extra driving!

mmm this seems strange and not logical. Were you using a higher octane fuel at shell?

N16SHP
1st September 2010, 06:18 PM
mmm this seems strange and not logical. Were you using a higher octane fuel at shell?

This will be the point where I show my ignorance. My general routine at the pump is rock up, look for unleaded, stick in it, pay and drive off happy i've picked the right fuel. I've never noticed what type of unleaded i've put in, just noted not to put in the expensive stuff like super unleaded lol!

GCA3N
1st September 2010, 07:06 PM
This will be the point where I show my ignorance. My general routine at the pump is rock up, look for unleaded, stick in it, pay and drive off happy i've picked the right fuel. I've never noticed what type of unleaded i've put in, just noted not to put in the expensive stuff like super unleaded lol!

Super unleaded is what I am on about Neil. Standard fuel is normally 95 ron, most super unleaded fuels are 97, but you can get the shell stuff at 99 ron. All cheaper than arran fuel BTW.:laugh:

N16SHP
1st September 2010, 10:53 PM
And does it make a difference running the Super Unleaded?

GCA3N
1st September 2010, 11:12 PM
And does it make a difference running the Super Unleaded?

Defo feels more responsive, whether or not it increases or decreases economy I am unsure.