PDA

View Full Version : Belgian Grand Prix

The Dogfather
29th August 2010, 07:44 PM
Great race today, as always at Spa!

Hamilton had a great race, apart from that little excursion he was totally in control
Webber recovered well from a poor start, I feel a little sorry for Robert Kubica today he deserved a 2nd place
Button was robbed of a strong points finish
Vettel proved that he's a complete tool, he got off lucky with a drive through in a race that he was already out of the points
The best bit was Alonso crashing out of the race near the end, I always love it when he runs out of talent

Delboy
29th August 2010, 08:19 PM
Nice summary of the race - I couldn't agree more :thumbs up:.

Mini Ecosse
29th August 2010, 08:41 PM

Ditto

Gismo
29th August 2010, 09:13 PM

DittoFully agree, Alonso almost ruined it by his total lack of ability when his off caused the safety car to close everyone up, but, a great drive from Hamilton sealed the victory

GCA3N
29th August 2010, 09:36 PM
Didn't read this until I watched the race (on rec) Good sum of off the action I was really angry at Vettel what a twat:argh::argh::ragin:

The Dogfather
29th August 2010, 09:53 PM
It strikes me that Vettel is very overrated, I hope Webber continues to dominate in the Red Bull Team, if the Mclaren's aren't competitive enough in the last few races I hope Webber wins the Championship

GCA3N
29th August 2010, 10:14 PM
It strikes me that Vettel is very overrated, I hope Webber continues to dominate in the Red Bull Team, if the Mclaren's aren't competitive enough in the last few races I hope Webber wins the Championship

Agreed Paul.

N16SHP
30th August 2010, 10:57 AM

Totally agree with this. I was thinking this morning, that out of the four real contenders for the title, any of them apart from Vettel and I would be happy. I was fuming when he hit button. He really is like a young Schumacher, total hot head, but Schuey got the results. So far he's failed to deliver from pole or strong qually on several occations!

Fairy
30th August 2010, 12:00 PM
Vettel is like a loose cannon - totally unpredictable but so entertaining to watch, you never know what he's gonna do
Think Adrian Sutil is a fantastic driver and is doing really well - likewise with Kubica, totally underated

Folk aren't gonna like this but I was chuffed to bits when Button was taken out - cant stand him (although did feel slightly sorry for the guy since it wasn't his fault)

Spa is hugely enteraining - thinking about going to this circuit next year
We're on the countdown to Singapore - 24 sleeps! :)

N16SHP
30th August 2010, 12:17 PM
Folk aren't gonna like this but I was chuffed to bits when Button was taken out - cant stand him (although did feel slightly sorry for the guy since it wasn't his fault)

I knew we had a Button Basher on here :D:D. Couldn't remember if it was you or Fi lol!

Fairy
30th August 2010, 12:47 PM
I knew we had a Button Basher on here :D:D. Couldn't remember if it was you or Fi lol!

Guilty :)

euan
30th August 2010, 12:49 PM
Gutted for Button, Vettel has made far too many mistakes this season to be considered a top driver as yet. In saying that, Hamilton made a fair few errors in his first and championship seasons - Vettel doesn't seem to have matured since he started in F1.

Great drive from Hamilton, Suitl (the Force India looks very quick at these type of circuits), Kubica is really settling into Renault too.

All in all, enjoyable race, even if I did spent a long while shouting at Vettel for being a clown.