PDA

View Full Version : My first mod!!

Lady Mck
27th August 2010, 07:59 PM
:clap: I'm quite excited as I have bought some chrome pollen vents for my new mini!
I only got him on tuesday and wanted to do something to personalise him.

Are they easy to fit and do I need to remove the black ones??

Will post pics when done!!

hello btw !! :thumbs up:

GCA3N
27th August 2010, 08:08 PM
:clap: I'm quite excited as I have bought some chrome pollen vents for my new mini!
I only got him on tuesday and wanted to do something to personalise him.

Are they easy to fit and do I need to remove the black ones??

Will post pics when done!!

hello btw !! :thumbs up:

Pretty sure they are straight forward to replace. Think they just pop in and out don't think there are any fasteners or anything. Yes though you will have to remove the black ones first.

Craig
27th August 2010, 08:16 PM
Yep nice and easy. Lift the bonnet and push them out from the back . Lamp holder twists off, change over and voilĂ* !! ;)

Lady Mck
27th August 2010, 08:24 PM
Yep nice and easy. Lift the bonnet and push them out from the back . Lamp holder twists off, change over and voilĂ* !! ;)

thanks...hope I've ordered the right thing...they are for the bonnet..the wee grill things below the wipers(I'm a girl whatdo I know!! ) not the side ones..I've got flame ones there...my hubby will soon tell me if I've ordered the wrong thing i"m sure!! :eek:

GCA3N
27th August 2010, 08:31 PM
thanks...hope I've ordered the right thing...they are for the bonnet..the wee grill things below the wipers(I'm a girl whatdo I know!! ) not the side ones..I've got flame ones there...my hubby will soon tell me if I've ordered the wrong thing i"m sure!! :eek:

I know what ur takin about ;) I think Craig is taking about the side indicators. They are sometimes revered to as scuttles too. If u squeeze the centre of it it should pop out.

stoney
28th August 2010, 01:11 PM
it jsut the same idea you lift the bonnetand pop them out from the back just be gentle and the you just pop the new ones in

Stoney

Craig
28th August 2010, 05:06 PM
Oh aye... Sorry was a bit tired yest. ...... :thud: ;)

GCA3N
28th August 2010, 05:14 PM
Oh aye... Sorry was a bit tired yest. ...... :thud: ;)

It's defo not like you normally me that does stuff like that :lol:

Lady Mck
28th August 2010, 07:34 PM
s'ok Craig! I wouldn't know the difference anyway...not up to speed on this "modding"! lol :smilewinkgrin:

Flash_Amber
28th August 2010, 08:45 PM
s'ok Craig! I wouldn't know the difference anyway...not up to speed on this "modding"! lol :smilewinkgrin:

Me neither but learning fast, its very addictive!!! Got my Cooper S bumpers at the bodyshop for painting!

Lady Mck
5th September 2010, 04:50 PM
super stupid I am ! vents arrived last week and hubby was going to fit them at wkend but discovered they are stick on trims not direct replacements..Doh! :argh:
Now I was a bit naive and said..try them bet they look fine...eerrrr no! they don't and whats worse they dont stick on properly..so now I have to try and return them and hope they have actual proper replacement ones :ragin: on a happy note though my NMS sticker is on and looks fab ! pic to follow!

stoney
5th September 2010, 05:26 PM
Sorry to here that hope u get ur money back

Lady Mck
5th September 2010, 05:42 PM
So do I ! but I am willing to exchange if they have the real ones oh and here is my sticker ..at least it's all right!

stoney
5th September 2010, 06:03 PM
So do I ! but I am willing to exchange if they have the real ones oh and here is my sticker ..at least it's all right!

best mod you can do :D:thumbs up:;);)

GCA3N
5th September 2010, 06:16 PM
Well done with the sticker shame about the vents.