PDA

View Full Version : NMS Changes

Gismo
26th August 2010, 11:04 AM
In view of keeping folks updated with the way NMS is run and more importantly, funded, i wanted to advise that i have significantly reduced the sponsorship of NMS for our excellent crop of Sponsor's :thumbs up:

NMS will no longer be run as a business, mainly due to economics, simply put, the outgoings are more than the incoming and when you add in the accountant fee's it's a no brainer.

So, this is not a cry for help, or a demand for donations or any attempt to get money out of the membership :computer:
As a stand alone entity, NMS can thrive on the revised low sponsorship fee and sale of merchandise, albeit a small donation is recouped from each sale.
However, if anyone wants to make a contribution it will not be refused :Whistle:

I have recently invested in new flags to be used for events, I recently renewed the domain and hosting package for NMS, the current forum software has recently been paid for and runs for the lifetime of version 4 of the vBulletin range all in costing around £750 and hope that this goes some way to show my continued commitment to the long term future of NMS.

I am in the process of changing the paypal links on the main website, the home page is already converted and i'll have the merchandise page fixed later tonight.

Should anyone require any more detailed description of the fee's or anything regarding the running of NMS then ask away :yes nod:

Big Gordy
26th August 2010, 11:22 AM
Cheers for the update Alan :thumbs up: and may I just add your doing a grand job :clap::saltireflag:

GCA3N
26th August 2010, 11:30 AM
Ditto Gordy's comments Alan and thanks for keeping us all in the know.:thumbs up:

Craig
26th August 2010, 11:45 AM
Transparency is key. Well done Alan. ;) Yer still a short arsed fanny tho :moonie: :lol:

MINI William
26th August 2010, 12:52 PM
Good stuff Alan. Glad to hear it

Bazthemod
26th August 2010, 03:40 PM
Good stuff

Gismo
26th August 2010, 03:46 PM
Yer still a short arsed fanny tho :moonie: :lol:Cannae change that :moonie:

stoney
26th August 2010, 05:15 PM
good stuff :thumbs up:

zimbo
26th August 2010, 05:25 PM
Cannae change that :moonie:

:laugh::lol:

Gismo
26th August 2010, 06:21 PM
Website fully updated :thumbs up:

Scottie
26th August 2010, 08:36 PM
Never knew you ran it as a business Alan but good on you for changing it to a non profit hobby