PDA

View Full Version : Whisky

Craig
20th August 2010, 04:57 PM
anybody remember the Rosebank Distillery in Falkirk? Closed down in 1993 and after a rummage in a cupboard I came across a bottle of 12 year old Rosebank :thumbs up:

I dinnae drink the stuff but wondered if any of you whisky buffs out there would know if it is collectable and if so, whadya think it's worth ? :confused:

GCA3N
20th August 2010, 05:05 PM
It's not worth anything Craig I'll take it off yer hands mate. :Whistle:

Craig
20th August 2010, 05:20 PM
It's not worth anything Craig I'll take it off yer hands mate. :Whistle:

:lol:

couple of internet searches reveal it could be worth a few ££ :yes nod:

baptie
20th August 2010, 05:50 PM
na, not worth much at all, crack it open and try it!

GCA3N
20th August 2010, 05:54 PM
na, not worth much at all, crack it open and try it!

Agreed :thumbs up:

Crombers
20th August 2010, 06:40 PM
Speak to you tomorrow Head of PC, I have friends who know of a contact that buys :thumbs up:

Gismo
20th August 2010, 07:08 PM
Speak to you tomorrow Head of PC, I have friends who know of a contact that buys :thumbs up:Don't listen to him, it's worthless, however, i will pay for the very expensive shipment to my USA address :Whistle:

Craig
20th August 2010, 10:19 PM
Crombers - meeting at lunchtime to discuss "tactics" ;)

The Dogfather
21st August 2010, 08:12 AM
Crombers - meeting at lunchtime to discuss "tictacs" ;)

Fixed that for you....

Its currently selling for £56 online so its got some value

Mon the fish
21st August 2010, 08:31 AM
I bought a bottle of it not so long ago at the newsagents next to Domino's pizza in Falkirk, cost me just over £30. Would need to be an 18yo or somesuch to be worth more. I was surprised, with it being mothballed in the 90s, I thought they would have been worth more, but is seems there's a lot of the 12yo kicking about.

Saying that, I'm not opening mine either, just in case...

Big Gordy
21st August 2010, 10:20 PM
I wish you had meantioned this today at Knockhill bud :yawn: I saw a bottle of the very same stuff in a whisky shop in St.Andrews and they were asking £105 :yes nod: And that was the one NOT in the wee wooden box :p I have one of the last batch produced under the kitchen sink in it wee wooden box :smilewinkgrin: So don't listen to those chancers that say its worth nowt lad :hand:

Scottie
21st August 2010, 10:37 PM
the one in a wee wooden box is that the one where the bottle thing is clay.??

Big Gordy
21st August 2010, 10:55 PM
the one in a wee wooden box is that the one where the bottle thing is clay.??

Don't think so:confused: I'm sure its just the normal glass bottle:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
21st August 2010, 10:57 PM
Acchhhhhhhhhhhh..... jusdrinkthebluddystufffffffffff wi' yer pals (hic!) Ye can 'bank' on a fine traditional hangover..............

Having a fine whisky and NOT drinking it because it might be worth a few bob is daft! It's like having a great sports car in a museum and never driving it. The distillers spent years creating something so that it could be savoured in good company and kindle some warm memories - GET TORE INTAE IT!

Big Gordy
21st August 2010, 11:44 PM
Acchhhhhhhhhhhh..... jusdrinkthebluddystufffffffffff wi' yer pals (hic!) Ye can 'bank' on a fine traditional hangover..............

Sound advice there wee man BUT if ye dinnae like the stuff there's nae much point in drinkin it is there :rolleyes:

ELFMAN
22nd August 2010, 06:37 PM
Sound advice there wee man BUT if ye dinnae like the stuff there's nae much point in drinkin it is there :rolleyes:

Now THAT'S a scenario I hadn't contemplated..... :frown::sad::argh:

Big Gordy
23rd August 2010, 08:00 AM
Aye...a bit of a weird scenario for me as I work in a place that bottles whisky :rolleyes: I'm surrounded by millions of litres of the blasted stuff :p

Crombers
23rd August 2010, 05:58 PM

Having a fine whisky and NOT drinking it because it might be worth a few bob is daft! It's like having a great sports car in a museum and never driving it. The distillers spent years creating something so that it could be savoured in good company and kindle some warm memories - GET TORE INTAE IT!

My thoughts exactly :thumbs up:

I got my hands on some mighty fine stuff when I worked in the industry, & I went for the consumption option too :yes nod:

ELFMAN
23rd August 2010, 06:08 PM
eeesh taetherr own.... (burp!)