PDA

View Full Version : Illuminated Sill Plates

mgemie
8th July 2004, 06:50 AM
Has anyone had these fitted or seen them elsewhere? Opinions, problems, comments?

R7 ETH
8th July 2004, 04:49 PM
I was searching for an ash tray on Ebay and i found some there.

Wul
8th July 2004, 04:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by R7 ETH

I was searching for an ash tray on Ebay and i found some there.

What in the ashtray? :p

R7 ETH
8th July 2004, 04:59 PM
:D those ash trays are huge, i dont even smoke !!!

Here is one there are loads on ebay by the same seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73776&item=2483718126

Heather
8th July 2004, 05:20 PM
Not my cup of tea, but hey whatever floats your boat:D

mgemie
8th July 2004, 06:01 PM
yeah i came across them on ebay as well but was wondering if anyone had ever fitted some...

Scottie
8th July 2004, 06:12 PM
I've not had them on a Mini but on a Lexus and Merc. They are really cool.

mgemie
8th July 2004, 09:20 PM
ScottieCoop - do they come with wiring parts or will i have to visit my local electrical store...:D

Are the door plates easy enuff to fit? - i'm thinking of running the power feed off the footwell lights so when opening/closing the car the whole interior lights up blue - i've changed my interior lights so everything is blue to match my Indi Blue MINI! lol :cool::cool: (pretty cool at night coz you can play 'spot the blue, glowing MINI'! :cool::D )

Scottie
8th July 2004, 11:40 PM
Mines came with wiring parts. I got one of my brother's to fit for me. He made a good job you could not see any wires. Mines used to light up bright blue really cool.

seany
8th July 2004, 11:44 PM
thinking about it, let yous now later.

Scottie
8th July 2004, 11:47 PM
Infact mgemie. I am thinking of getting Ambient lighting fitted to the interior my brother recokns he can do it. The lights will be up at the review mirror.

It will come on with my headlights.

I've said ok only if no wires can be seen.

mgemie
9th July 2004, 01:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Mines came with wiring parts. I got one of my brother's to fit for me. He made a good job you could not see any wires. Mines used to light up bright blue really cool.

Do you know anywhere in the UK that sells the illuminated sills? I saw them on ebay but shipping is from belgium and would take aggesss!