PDA

View Full Version : FAO all R53 JCW owners

Mon the fish
12th August 2010, 07:29 AM
If you do only one mod you must must MUST do this!

I got the resonator, and the flat section in front of the junction before the back boxes, removed from my JCW exhaust, and replaced with normal pipe.

What a difference. A little bit louder and raspier, not Corsa/Saxo-type offensive, but the pops and bangs... it burbles away when you back off at 3k rpm in 6th... just pops and burbles on the over-run in every gear.

Not using my stereo anymore :D from the scream of acceleration, to the burble when backing off. Total cost £100. You must do this!

stoney
12th August 2010, 07:43 AM
so you have now got the challange sys is what you are saying :smilewinkgrin:

i have the Gtt manifold on my GP and it pops and bangs and get a few more pony's out it:thumbs up:

had it on my old jcw as well sounded like this
http://www.youtube.com/user/s700ony#p/a/u/1/-FMgeOVVWWU

Craig
12th August 2010, 08:14 AM
Hi Gordon... Not sure I want my exhaust any louder as it's makes a great noise with my manifold on ;). But next time I see you I'll have a listen and see what it's like :thumbs up:

GCA3N
12th August 2010, 08:46 AM
I am looking forward to a bit of quietness if I'm honest. :lol:

ELFMAN
12th August 2010, 09:49 AM
I am looking forward to a bit of quietness if I'm honest. :lol:

Oh Dear.... Old Age creeping in...? - mine's TOO QUIET - I've got a Milltek Downpipe and Sports Cat ready to go on next week
to see if it opens up the sound a wee bit as well as adding a drop of BHP Sauce.

'You're never too old to Rock & Roll if you're too young to die!' as the (quite old) Jethro Tull anthem goes.

stoney
12th August 2010, 09:58 AM
Oh Dear.... Old Age creeping in...? - mine's TOO QUIET - I've got a Milltek Downpipe and Sports Cat ready to go on next week
to see if it opens up the sound a wee bit as well as adding a drop of BHP Sauce.

'You're never too old to Rock & Roll if you're too young to die!' as the (quite old) Jethro Tull anthem goes.

you will have to pop round and let me have a lisson when you get it done :thumbs up::yes nod:

Mon the fish
12th August 2010, 12:11 PM
Janspeed manifold when I get the funds, looking forward to the racket then!

ELFMAN
12th August 2010, 01:33 PM
you will have to pop round and let me have a lisson when you get it done :thumbs up::yes nod:

Will do Rob! Hopefully getting it fitted next week (along with some other goodies........). Away to MULL on 21st for a week, so it would be nice to have it on for that run. Bet it'll still be quiet though!

Craig
12th August 2010, 02:16 PM

Already have the janspeed manifold on mine so the noise your now getting is prob similar to mine ;)

Craig
12th August 2010, 02:18 PM
Will do Rob! Hopefully getting it fitted next week (along with some other goodies........). Away to MULL on 21st for a week, so it would be nice to have it on for that run. Bet it'll still be quiet though!

Sounds intruiging Euan ;). Looking forward to hearing it

stoney
12th August 2010, 02:27 PM

just a heads up i know with a custom exus and a manifold it is very loud i ended up putting 2 layers of sound proofing in my last one and it as still ear busting read at about 100db when running and about 85db at idle

Already have the janspeed manifold on mine so the noise your now getting is prob similar to mine ;)

its kind of the same the manifold gives it more of a rasp than remioving center box :thumbs up: i know this cos there was a a jcw exus with center box removed on my picnic run ;)

ELFMAN
12th August 2010, 02:59 PM
Sounds intruiging Euan ;). Looking forward to hearing it

HEARING IT is what I'm trying to do Craig! After the wee Blue Beastie, it's like going from Motorhead to Santana - still sounds good, but could do with an extra Marshall Amp or three in the sound system. To be honest, I'm not sure if it'll actually sound noticeably different, I'm just trying to free up the flow and get the best out of the JCW Cat-Back system.

BTW, the other 'Mods' aren't engine-related... just keeping you in 'Suspense'....