PDA

View Full Version : leak at footwell at passenger side

ALEXC19UK
10th August 2010, 11:36 PM
Just noticed i have a puddle at passenger side footwell can feel it running down above it but have no idea were its coming from or how to fix it.

has anyone else experienced this problem im para that it gets into my electrics behind glove box

Thanks
Alex

Gismo
10th August 2010, 11:48 PM
If it's the first edition Cooper then it's highly likely to be the door seal and potential missing spot welds on the section at the far rear lower box section just above teh door sill.

mikeythemini
11th August 2010, 12:52 AM
Is it 2nd gen? We have had quite a few 2nd gen with a lake under the passenger carpet 3cm deep!!

ALEXC19UK
11th August 2010, 01:43 PM
its 1st gen and it seems to be running down the back of the glove box from above so really not sure were its coming from.

Fartin Martin
11th August 2010, 01:53 PM
Its cos its your car doesn't like you Alec! (its ok people I know him..unfortunately!! :lol:)

But dont know what your puddle is...you getting old maybe?? :p

GCA3N
11th August 2010, 02:57 PM
But dont know what your puddle is...you getting old maybe?? :p

:laugh:

..S-J..
11th August 2010, 07:26 PM
I had this problem on my previous Mini it was the door seal

ALEXC19UK
12th August 2010, 12:23 AM
martin you aint funny son lol

ALEXC19UK
12th August 2010, 12:24 AM
thing thats makin me think it aint door seal is were i can feel it dripping down its no were neer my door its in centre of the back of the glove box

Craig
12th August 2010, 08:17 AM
Faulty window seal maybe ??

stoney
12th August 2010, 09:48 AM
what to do is get inside your car and get a pal to pour a kettle of water over the front wind screan and door and see if you can find out where it is leaking from that way

GCA3N
12th August 2010, 11:05 AM
what to do is get inside your car and get a pal to pour a kettle of water over the front wind screan and door and see if you can find out where it is leaking from that way

NOT boiling though.:lol:

Colin
12th August 2010, 11:19 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think the heater matrix is located up in behind the glove box. These can sometimes leak and cause a puddle in your footwell. Does the water smell of coolent or is it just plain rain water. Would be worth having a quick check of your coolent level in the expansion tank and make sure you haven't lost any water.