PDA

View Full Version : aero grill fitting....

G unit
10th August 2010, 11:00 PM
he had a quick attempt at fitting the grill the other day but didnt want to break anything so i tohught id leave it till i get some feed back
i have read the guides ect but i cant get the stock clips off the grill without them braking the plastic lugs on grill
and they metal hex/round shaped retaining nuts that secure the grill on i cant get them to fit on the new grill?

is there an easier way to get them off in one piece and get them on the new grill?

or is there an alternative method of attaching the grill with maybe proper nuts?

want to get this on soon as my JCW carbon vent arrived its awsome!:thumbup1:

regards G

Gismo
11th August 2010, 02:57 PM
I'm trying to remember what to tell ya but my brain's fried, i'm sure there was a How To somewhere for this.

Is it the upper yopur talking about?? pretty sure it's a simple remove the nuts and the grille comes out, then, loosen the lugs and the chrome grill slips out???

John i know posted up his

G unit
11th August 2010, 11:37 PM
they arent nuts more like push on retainers no? cant get them off without breaking the lugs on old grill

cooperchris
11th August 2010, 11:51 PM
they arent nuts more like push on retainers no? cant get them off without breaking the lugs on old grill

They are like retainers but i managed to unscrew them of my old grille. A pair of pliers and a little bit force when unsrewing them :thumbs up:

When i fitted the new aero grille i just melted the plastic lugs behind the bonnet (dont plan on taking it of again) to hold it on :yes nod:

Hope this helps

Gismo
12th August 2010, 12:15 AM
they arent nuts more like push on retainers no? cant get them off without breaking the lugs on old grillTake a hold of them with pliers and gently pull away when turning anti clockwise to unscrew them