PDA

View Full Version : Nice clubby for sale in FIFE (anybody know the car)

GP BILLY
9th August 2010, 09:47 PM
Found this on ebay and wondered if ay members know
of the car ? very nice clubby (was tempted) but have to
get the holliday out the way first:sad: and I think the price of
clubby's will drop when the countryman comes out in September

2008 MINI COOPER S AUTO CLUBMAN BROWN
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130418589679&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

GCA3N
10th August 2010, 06:06 AM
That is really nice.

Delboy
10th August 2010, 08:09 AM
Found this on ebay and wondered if ay members know
of the car ? very nice clubby (was tempted) but have to
get the holliday out the way first:sad: and I think the price of
clubby's will drop when the countryman comes out in September

Why do you think the price of Clubmans will drop when the Countryman comes out? I'm not being defensive btw :thumbs up:.

The Countryman is not a replacement for the Clubman so I don't think it should have any effect on the price of Clubmans, just like when the Clubmans came out they had no effect on the price of the hatchback Minis. I don't see the link between these two different models.

Comments appreciated :yes nod: :popcorn:.

KenL
10th August 2010, 08:18 AM
I agree Delboy, I doubt the price of Clubman will drop.

I also expect the depreciation of the Countryman to be severe in comparison with other MINIs after the initial honeymoon period.

GP BILLY
10th August 2010, 08:30 AM
Don't get me wrong del, I like the clubby and when we
get back from USA the wife will be looking for one:thumbs up:
(white well specced S).

I just think the countryman will take the
sales away from the clubby, a lot of people who bought the clubby
have children and now you will be able to get a 5 door mini, so why buy
a wee mini estate when you can get a BIG mini estate.

Also read somewhere (trying to find it on the net) that there is talk of
clubman production stopping as it has not sold as well as MINI hopped.

Delboy
10th August 2010, 09:05 AM
You might be right (hope not though :smilewinkgrin:).

I have kids but don't fancy a Countryman, although I've not seen it in the metal yet so I could change my mind :rolleyes:. I like the Clubbie because it is exactly like the Mini hatchback from the b-pillars forward but you get extra rear legroom and boot space, which just about makes it practical enough for my requirements. The Countryman is nothing like a Mini hatchback or Clubman so if I bought that it would be like choosing a different class of car completely, i.e. a crossover.

Thanks for the discussion :thumbs up:.

ianking
10th August 2010, 09:06 AM
Nice car although its got the wrong gear box in it :hand:

P.S East Lothian isnt Fife;)

GP BILLY
10th August 2010, 09:37 AM

Am getin old Ian:laugh: brain had a wee holiday:thumbs up:

Burple
10th August 2010, 09:47 AM

:laugh::laugh: Ha ha.. I was very tempted to go have a look at that a wee while back. it was on Pistonheads too. Pretty sure I never sw any mention of it being an auto on there tho, none of the pics showed it.. but these ones do. I don't feel so bad on missing out on it now ;):laugh: Very good looking car!

AndyP & Lenore
10th August 2010, 10:06 AM

Nonsense. It's got the perfect gear box in it.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Ferengo
10th August 2010, 10:20 AM
That's nice. Very tempted, tempted indeed. Though the auto puts me off.

GP BILLY
10th August 2010, 10:32 AM
My merc has is auto with the paddles and the mrs doesn't
like driving it:frown: so it will be a manual for her:yes nod:

ianking
10th August 2010, 11:54 AM
To be fair and I aint being cheeky towards auto mini drivers here but the very fact that its an auto mini is most likely why its taking soooo long to sell.

Mon the fish
10th August 2010, 01:48 PM
That and it's broon...

Look like people who know and look after their Mini's, would like to see what spec the R53 next to it is

KenL
10th August 2010, 02:04 PM
To be fair and I aint being cheeky towards auto mini drivers here but the very fact that its an auto mini is most likely why its taking soooo long to sell.

I would not have thought that is the only reason. Many people cannot sell (especially expensive) cars privately.

I could not sell my R50 ONE privately back in 2004 despite it being very attractively priced. I know it sold quickly through a dealer when I traded it. I did not try to sell my R56 Cooper privately but it sold immediately it went on the dealer's forecourt. I very much doubt that would have been the case if I tried to sell privately.

ianking
10th August 2010, 03:11 PM
I would disagree Ken.

I know quite a number of people who have sold their own fairly new and similarly priced cars privately no bother as they were nice desireable cars.
My good mate owns a dealership and I here feedback from him all the time about cars that sit about and cars that he knocks back from other dealerships.
An Auto S Clubman would not get him intersted at all as its high risk. Only way he would take it is if it was £3k behind trade book.
A manual would be fine though, infact he has taken a manual clubman as an underwrite from another dealer.

But if it were say a 5 series or an E class then he would bid well behind trade book for a manual as it really needs to be an auto to be desireable to sell on.

KenL
10th August 2010, 04:54 PM
Very interesting Ian.

Big Gordy
10th August 2010, 07:25 PM
But......but.....but.....its.......

BROWN......!!!!:thud:(where's the being sick smillie when you need it :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
10th August 2010, 08:12 PM
If it's not selling it's probably because it's that disgusting brown colour (imho).:hand:

KenL
10th August 2010, 09:27 PM
The brown is about to be released across the range.

MINI has been released in worse colours that the Hot Chocolate. e.g. Silk Green, 70s bathroom suite Blue, Velvet Red, Liquid Yellow etc.

I think HC looks good.

ianking
11th August 2010, 08:06 AM
Silk green in my opinion was one of the best colours at the launch of the mini back in 2001.
If they still done it I would do it.

I remember there was some photoshop images of the R56 Clubman going about before it was realeased and they were painted in silk green with a silver roof and silver back trims and it looks brilliant.

The colour range now is the worst its ever been.
I wish they would put the Campden funky silver colour across the range as its really smart.

KenL
11th August 2010, 08:25 AM
Silk green in my opinion was one of the best colours at the launch of the mini back in 2001.
If they still done it I would do it.

I remember there was some photoshop images of the R56 Clubman going about before it was realeased and they were shon in silk green with a silver roof and silver back trims and it looks brilliant.

The colour range now is the worst its ever been.
I wish they would put the Campden funky silver colour across the range as its really smart.

Silk Green was a colour which did not sell well and it was dropped pretty quickly, I really did not like it at all.

I agree about the white silver which is really smart, but if they released it now all the "special edition" owners might not be very happy.

GP BILLY
11th August 2010, 11:54 AM
Silk Green was a colour which did not sell well and it was dropped pretty quickly, I really did not like it at all.

I agree about the white silver which is really smart, but if they released it now all the "special edition" owners might not be very happy.

You can order the counrtyman in Royal Grey which was the Parklane Colour and
it was a special edition:thumbs up: (great colour it was to) but would never have
said it was grey:frown: more a bronzey colour :laugh::laugh:

ELFMAN
11th August 2010, 07:21 PM
I reckon this Clubbie might just MELT if you drove it on a sunny day* - IT'S SO CHOCLATEY - like Coco Pops on wheels!
Still, the weans could wipe their fingers (and anything else) on the seats and you'd never notice till you stuck to them.

* No probs this 'Summer' then....

Mon the fish
12th August 2010, 07:33 AM
You can order the counrtyman in Royal Grey which was the Parklane Colour and
it was a special edition:thumbs up: (great colour it was to) but would never have
said it was grey:frown: more a bronzey colour :laugh::laugh:

Mini have a tradition of this - leccy blue was 'S' only for 2 years, then expanded across the range. Dark silver lasted longer as an 'S' only car than I thought it would, but again was trickled down the range