PDA

View Full Version : Madness!!!!!!!!

twinklystar
5th August 2010, 11:28 PM
Hi all. Having a nightmare getting a fault on our beloved 08 JCW fixed:frown:. The car has been in and out of menzies in stirling twice so far and for some reason their technicians find no fault:frown:. Ironically their driver who collected the car on the last visit heard and felt the problem whilst leaving the garage. He then returned the car to the garage and reported it to service manager, who in turn just ignored him and told him to return the car to the customer. The fault to me seems to be coming from the steering rack or something to do with the power steering. On turning the wheel from side to side there is a loud crunching and grating noise and the power steering seems to become lumpy:frown:. To make matters worse on the last service report from menzies they recommended that we change the rear discs and pads only,as they said the front discs and pads had a few thousand miles left on them. Now on moderate braking there is a scraping noise and slight steering wobble on braking:frown::frown::frown:. What can we DO??? lost all confidence in menzies and our beloved mini (thought i would never say that). Has anyone else had a problem with menzies and their service department??? And above all can anyone recommend a good mini garage in the glasgow area?? (douglas park etc). Just want to get behind the wheel of our mini and drive without waiting for something failing...

Mon the fish
6th August 2010, 07:14 AM
Try Fairbairn's Giffnock, always been brilliant with me

Mini Ecosse
6th August 2010, 09:02 AM
Douglas Park in Glasgow serviced/repaired our Park Lane. No problems excellent service:thumbs up:

Current car from Peter Vardy's Edinburgh, not had to use service dept. yet.

ianking
6th August 2010, 09:16 AM
It would take too long for me to post up my own and also my partners experiences of Menzies but lets just say that we dont purchase anything from there any more and we dont get anything done from the service dept either.

Craig
6th August 2010, 10:02 AM
If I say "no comment" is that enough ????? ;)

Stewart
6th August 2010, 12:15 PM
Fairbairn's Giffnock have always been fine with my car. Got a double service done and they followed my request not to wash it. Also got an electrical problem fixed as the car was telling me a bulb was out and there was no problem.

Shame about Menzies, I bought my car from there, but I was back after a week getting an alloy replaced with tyre as this one had just legal tread, a big slash up the wall and a reconditioned Alloy that was poorly done all the rest were perfect.
I went back and the put on a new alloy with new tyre but the car should never have been sold that way and that my only experience.

GCA3N
6th August 2010, 12:55 PM
Very sad that a large garage would do stuff like this, word soon spreads and people just won't use them anymore.

BobWyse
6th August 2010, 01:04 PM
Menzies couldn't be any more helpful if they tried when selling you a car but when the time came to collect my first Mini the two wheel arches that they promised would be replaced were still there. Not only that but they had whipped out the CD changer in the boot and stuck it in another Mini for another customer. I won't go into it all, but I won't recommend them.

Stewart
6th August 2010, 02:13 PM
See the girl had said she would look into my Wheel when I said I’d take it when I had said I was not happy with the wheel. Of course turn up to pick the car and was more interested in the stripes that had been done than the tyre and she had said it had been checked and was legal.
Legal not being the point the other three were brand new with the car only covering 1k before I got it. Drove home and was out washing it the next day and thought Feck this I’m not replacing a alloy and tyre weeks after spending a lot of money on the car.
They did sort it out all the same. Local garage is Giffnock so that’s my first call with the car.

Crombers
6th August 2010, 02:34 PM
If I say "no comment" is that enough ????? ;)

'Ah' (big sigh)........... remember the days of oor Ian & Claire & they just could'ny do enough for us all :yes nod:

Then my Ray Bans went missing & it all started going 'doonhill'

Wonder when Fi will be along to share a few tales :rolleyes:

stoney
6th August 2010, 04:00 PM
used them once and never again