PDA

View Full Version : Speedo not working! Drivers Window wont go right up

ChrisBurns75
3rd August 2010, 08:06 AM
As above ,also getting the run flat light handbreak light and skidy wheels light.Noticed this as i got into the car leaving work yesterday.
THe sppedo was the first thing i noticed along with warning lights.
Other than that the car sounds fine.
Window wont go up nor down .Stuck in up position but not far enough up that it closes the wee gap.
Any ideas ??Quick fixes?
I guess it will need the dealers
I live in edinburgh. Is Mini Seafield the only option?.Or is it the best option?
2002 Mini Cooper JWC

ianking
3rd August 2010, 08:10 AM
Think the dealers may be your solution.

Im just outside Edinburgh, I tend to go to Eastern at Newbridge but Im sure its six and half a dozen which dealer you go to. they will all charge you a fortune.

GCA3N
3rd August 2010, 09:12 AM
As far as the window goes there is a known fix when it doesn't go fully up or down and that is to reset it. ie press the button down and hold on for about 15 secs this should reset it, now try again. I say this however if your window is not moving at all then looks like it will be more serious.

KenL
4th August 2010, 07:14 PM
I have no experience of these faults - but have you checked the fuses? May also be worthwhile removing the battery fir a few minutes.

Also worth considering an independent who may be able to read the fault codes before heading straight to a BMW dealer and there labour rates.