PDA

View Full Version : JCW Exhaust 'whooshing'

Mon the fish
2nd August 2010, 08:18 AM
Had my back seats down yesterday (had to do the DIY run, grrr), and was giving it the beans in 2nd and 3rd. Approaching the redline in both gears, I could really hear air whooshing through the exhaust, and I was concerned it was leaking air.

But it didn't make the noise under full load in higher gears, at lower revs. I hardly ever have the seats down, so is this noise normal, or is it likely to be a leak somewhere?

Craig
2nd August 2010, 10:14 AM
Gordon, I hear what your saying .... When I give mine the beans in 2nd and 3rd with the seats down there is defo more noise than in the higher gears, but I see that as normal... As for leaks, you'll get them regardless of gear or revs. Dothe good old rag over the back of the exhaust to see if you can see other air coming out. An old trick we used to do was to use redex to give some smoke out the exhaust so it was easier to see (although that was with carb cars)

C ;)

stoney
2nd August 2010, 06:28 PM
it is defo more nosey in the lower gears i mind this from my last one as well as the GP i have no choice to have the back seats :lol: