PDA

View Full Version : Options?

baptie
1st August 2010, 09:05 PM
Looking at getting out of My Cooper S as my situation has changed, just wondering what options I have:

Private Sale to clear finance
Half way payment - Hand back to dealer

are these the only options I have?

stoney
1st August 2010, 09:12 PM
or trade it in thats about it

baptie
1st August 2010, 09:51 PM
I thought about trade in but I have only paid off 14months of the 4 years, don't fancy the payments after that.

AndyP & Lenore
1st August 2010, 10:49 PM
Some dealers are buying. Will depend on the age/mileage of your car. Give some of them a ring round and see what you're offered.

A.

GCA3N
2nd August 2010, 05:59 AM
I would expect private sale is where your likely to do best, you need to get an accurate evaluation of the car and whats left to pay. Eg if your car was worth say 12k and you only had 8K left to pay then handing it back is not such a good idea. Sorry to hear your selling though hope you get it sorted what ever happens.

Mon the fish
2nd August 2010, 07:44 AM
Private sales can be a hit or miss - we tried to sell the MX5 privately recently, and it was priced under similar cars, and we didn't get a single call. Had to trade it and the Volvo in eventually.

Try webuyanycar - as much as I dislike them and their business model, they quoted us more or less the same as we got from trading the MX5 in

The Dogfather
2nd August 2010, 08:47 AM
Webuyany car quote one figure then knock off hundreds of pounds for stuff like stone chips, tyre wear and the like.

They are a total rip off, its best to shop around the dealers and indie garages. We buy any car offered us 19.5k for our Audi TT, but we sold it back to the dealership for £23k.

baptie
2nd August 2010, 12:58 PM
called Douglas Park, they are not buying back at the moment as things are slow.
Will call for settlement figure tonight

GCA3N
2nd August 2010, 01:04 PM
Webuyany car quote one figure then knock off hundreds of pounds for stuff like stone chips, tyre wear and the like.

They are a total rip off, its best to shop around the dealers and indie garages. We buy any car offered us 19.5k for our Audi TT, but we sold it back to the dealership for £23k.

I've heard loads of stories like that paul.:frown:

GP BILLY
3rd August 2010, 09:23 AM
Just trade it in for this :thumbs up: you no you want to :yes nod:

Stevies new car (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201021360027925/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/cooper_s/make/mini/postcode/ka111ry/page/1/keywords/clubman/radius/200?logcode=p)

Neil B
3rd August 2010, 10:18 PM
You could try wewillbuyyourcar.com. This is different to the previously mentioned webuyanycar.com.
I used the former earlier this year when I had to get rid of my S quickly - got a good deal on a Works and could not face driving my old car to London to trade in. I valued accurately on their web site they inspected the car 2-days later, confirmed the web site valuation and did a CHAPS transfer. Got the trade price which suited me as I was in a hurray. I did try the webuyanycar.com but was not impressed, they do not do the instant CHAPS payment.

Cheers

Neil

The Dogfather
3rd August 2010, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't buy a car from Bowkers in Blackburn having heard all the trouble that Sarah had with that particular dealership, they're terrible

baptie
3rd August 2010, 11:55 PM
Many thanks for options folks.
Got it posted on a few forums, going dealer hunting over weekend.

Not looking forward to it at all

baptie
8th August 2010, 05:12 PM
Spent the whole week in dealership after dealership and finally the deal is done.

Trade in Cooper S for 08 plate Vectra CDTi SRi 150BHP

Pick it up next Wed/Thurs

Kinda gutted to be parting with the S but prefer to take the hit now rather than hand back in May and get nothing for it.

audrey
8th August 2010, 10:20 PM
Hope you got a good deal best of luck with the new car :D

baptie
8th August 2010, 10:30 PM
Hope you got a good deal best of luck with the new car

After 4 garages I got a top deal, well chuffed.
Didn't expect it to be so hard getting out of a MINI from a non MINI specific garage, they just don't know the down at all.

GCA3N
9th August 2010, 06:09 AM
best off luck, nice big car you have opted for, like you say shame the mini had to go but think of all that space.

clubman0_1
9th August 2010, 08:58 PM
sell it back to mini dealer as a trade sale and they will deal with finance etc. it will be a trade price though or ask other privite dealers if they may wish to buy it.

I was toying with selling mine as wasn't sure about job situation but now full time. menzies in stirling offered me £1800 more than parks

Stewart
9th August 2010, 10:23 PM
"menzies in stirling offered me £1800 more than parks"

:thud: