PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed

gauldrymini
27th July 2010, 06:20 PM
Looking for some advice / recommendations of a good body shop because...some wee sh*te threw an egg at our MINI tonight and it has left a mix of chips, scratches etc. on the paintwork just in front of the passenger side rear wheel.

Would be looking for a place in Dundee / Tayside area....

Not happy!!!

Andrew

cooperchris
27th July 2010, 07:27 PM
Ouch

I would throttle the sh*ts if i caught them doing that to mine :ragin:

Hope you get it sorted

Big Gordy
28th July 2010, 07:58 AM
Some "Dr.Colorchip" and a bit of elbow grease should sort that :thumbs up:

ianking
28th July 2010, 08:13 AM
Some "Dr.Colorchip" and a bit of elbow grease should sort that :thumbs up:

Not necessarily, eggs are probably the worst thing to be thrown at a cars paintwork. It can eat into the paint in just a couple hours. I have tried wet sanding the damaged areas before and polishing it back up and you can still see the damage fairly clearly.

gauldrymini
28th July 2010, 12:13 PM
Not necessarily, eggs are probably the worst thing to be thrown at a cars paintwork. It can eat into the paint in just a couple hours. I have tried wet sanding the damaged areas before and polishing it back up and you can still see the damage fairly clearly.

oh dear!!!:frown:

Taking the car out to a guy in Luncarty for him to have a look...

Still cannot get over the mentality of some people nowadays...you work hard, pay your taxes etc...get something you want, then for no reason an absolute d*ckhead throws an egg at your pride and joy:frown::ragin:

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2010, 06:23 PM
Hangings too good for the beggars. Trouble is, I bet the @sshol£s think "it's just an egg, won't do any real damage". :frown:

We had our X5 keyed just before we traded it. Some folk have si little respect for other peoples property. :frown:

A.

Livi
28th July 2010, 08:14 PM
Some folk have so little respect for other peoples property. :frown:

A.

Thats one of the main reasons im getting rid of my MINI, and it doesn't even matter if you park a mile away from tesco in an empty spot, someone still wants to 'be beside you' and needs a tin opener to get into the car cos there parked that close

gauldrymini
28th July 2010, 09:00 PM
Our MINI goes into the bodyshop on Monday for a couple of days...the guy had a look at the damage and couldn't believe how deep the damage was...down to the primer level. There is also a dent so...it is going to prove to be an expensive egg!!!:frown::ragin:

Here is hoping the guy does a good job.

ELFMAN
2nd August 2010, 03:36 PM
How did you get on?

Mindless b@****ds! There's really nothing you can do either. If you get a hold of them, you'll either be 'done' for assault and abduction, or you'll get a knife in the ribs as well as scrapes on your car. Scunners me. Also if you do take action and they see your car anywhere afterwards, it'll get kicked in. It's a 'lose-lose' situation I'm afraid. If someone did that to mine while I was in it, I reckon I'd lose the plot and go after them anyway and either be up for murder or in intensive care!

One of the reasons I'm lucky to have the old Peugeot as 'backup' is that it lets me 'MINImise' using the MINI anywhere I'd be concerned about etc, but it can happen even when you think it's 'safe'.

Hope you're getting it sorted.

gauldrymini
2nd August 2010, 08:24 PM
...we got the car back tonight and while it is a big improvement it is not a perfect job. Didn't really think we would get that "factory finish"...

STILL :ragin: though about the whole thing....:knife:

time is a great healer:rolleyes: (except paintwork!:thud:)

PS. Sharon did give chase but the cowards:yes nod: vanished back into their "hovels"

bazzaric
2nd August 2010, 08:31 PM
I had a stone chucked off a bridge on the dual carriageway just north of stirling by three kids on bikes. I must have been going 70 (at least) and the stone chipped the windscreen. I was so lucky it didn't smash or I would have been dead. All for ****s and giggles for some kids.

GCA3N
3rd August 2010, 06:06 AM
I had a stone chucked off a bridge on the dual carriageway just north of stirling by three kids on bikes. I must have been going 70 (at least) and the stone chipped the windscreen. I was so lucky it didn't smash or I would have been dead. All for ****s and giggles for some kids.

Very dangerous indeed, what you wouldn't do for 5 minutes with these little barstewards:argh::ragin: