PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool Run - Oct 30th/31st - Hotel Found

The Dogfather
7th July 2004, 05:01 PM
Having tried unsuccessfully to get into the De Vere I've found a replacement. It turns out most hotels require a two night minimum stay during the lights, however this one doesn't.

Carousel Hotel (http://www.theaa.com/hotels/111303.html)

The hotel is on the promenade just south of the Pleasure Beach. The hotel has a very high satisfaction rating (AA) and has plenty of parking, included some covered spaces. Can everyone let me know what room types they want either double or twin ASAP, I'll double check availabilty and ask them to hold until everyone books directly.

Booking Thread Now Posted - CLICK HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2512)

Suggested Outline Itinary
10.00 Leave Glasgow South Service Station Should allow enough time for people north of Glasgow (including myself) to travel down
13.00 Arrive Blackpool Pleasure Beach (visit best rides)
17.00 Book into Hotel (With secure parking)
18.00 Trip through lights (Optional)
20.30 Start on the beer visit Funny Girls :eek:
Day 2
Trip back at leisure could include detour through Lakes or Borders?????

The list so far including maybes(updated 15.15 29/7)
1. Bad Dog Mini + 1.5
2. Bonnie Scotland (Maybe - needs to punch his new boss in mouth as well)
3. Julz
4. Starky
5. Low n Loud1 + Flick
6. Sheilz (maybe)
7. Chrome ?
8. Duncan Stewart + Helen
9. Weefossy + 1
10. Nenah + 1
11. Seany + Una
12. Fiona (ScottieCoop) + 1

Plus any from doon south who wish to meet us!

Paul :D

Gismo
7th July 2004, 07:40 PM
It's a good idea, Blackpool is not my fav place, but, the pleasureland is ;)
I couldn't commit until a lot nearer the time, so, stick me down as a maybe.
I'd prefer a run down in the morning, do the fun stuff in the afternoon and then have a drink in the evening and that will allow us to drive home on the sunday at our leisure.

Trouble at the moment, there are a lot of people trying to organise runs, myself included and it's hard finding a suitable date, good luck :)

Julz
7th July 2004, 08:19 PM
I might be up for this too!! How about Alton Towers??:p:D

Gismo
7th July 2004, 08:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz
I might be up for this too!! How about Alton Towers??:p:DAlton Towers is very expensive to stay at, i tried to book for this week, 2 nights and 2 day passes for 3 = £484 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

But, if anyone wanted to make a weekend of it, i'd be keen, say arrive friday night, saturday in the park and then another overnight, leave on sunday :)

Scottie
7th July 2004, 09:07 PM
Last year a day pass to Alton Towers for a family of four £76. Yikes I got such a shock I could nae face any of the rides.

Julz
7th July 2004, 09:35 PM
Ooops:I, i didn't mean to stay, I just meant to play!!:clown:

Gismo
7th July 2004, 09:39 PM
Ooops:I, i didn't mean to stay, I just meant to play!!:clown:
It's approx 6 hours drive to get there, would leave around 10 mins playing time if you came straight home again :I

Julz
7th July 2004, 09:49 PM
Can you tell I've never been??:clown:

Monsta Mo Mini
7th July 2004, 09:53 PM
Alton Towers.

Average visit 7 hours.

Average time spent queuing 6 hrs 55mins

...nuff said.

Starky
7th July 2004, 10:01 PM
Blackpool sounds ok to me, depends on the date though so put us down for a mibees aye. :D

The Dogfather
7th July 2004, 11:54 PM
I reckon Alton Towers would be a good bet for early summer (before the English Schools break up). It would be an epic trip for those North of Glasgow.....

Mind you you can always stay in a Travel Inn just off the M6.

Bazthemod
8th July 2004, 12:16 AM
The roads around Alton Towers are ideal for Mini Adventures :D

Burple
8th July 2004, 12:29 AM
Yeah... sounds like we could be up for that one... obviously depending on the dates and stuff... :D:D

Good man!!

Sheilz
8th July 2004, 03:40 AM
I've never been to Blackpool so I think I might be able to do this one as well, work permitting. :D:D:D

ny152
8th July 2004, 04:09 PM
Would be up for the rund down on either Saturday to Blackpool, although I'd have to drive back up the road again that night.

Doing a cruise along the Illuminations would be good fun.

They have the best KFC in the land :).

Scottie
8th July 2004, 07:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

Would be up for the rund down on either Saturday to Blackpool, although I'd have to drive back up the road again that night.

No problem used to go to BLackpool for a nightout from grangemouth

Starky
9th July 2004, 01:20 AM
30th/31st October fine with us Paul, it's my long weekend off :D, I like your itienary buddy, there's no finishing time for the boozing. :D :D

The Dogfather
9th July 2004, 01:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Starky

there's no finishing time for the boozing. :D :D

It's England so it'll be earlier than what your used to:(

Duncan Stewart
11th July 2004, 06:43 AM
Sounds good. Either date would suit Helen and I. sign us up please

weefossy
12th July 2004, 06:34 AM
We would love to do this, as it's years since we cruised the Golden Mile. Think it was in an MG Montego, with the kids hanging out the sunroof. Neil wouldn't fit through a sunroof now!! Either date is OK at present, but would prefer Oct.

Starky
13th July 2004, 08:51 AM
Am I seeing double, I say am I seeing double :p or have you got me down twice Paul. :D

Starky
13th July 2004, 08:54 AM
Well I suppose it's Fred's territory after all, I say I suppose it's Fred's territory after all. :D

Julz
14th July 2004, 06:59 PM
I'm getting all excited now, one of the guys at work was telling me about it and even drew me a map!!:approve: So, I've booked holidays to make it a long weekend!!:cool:
I definately think you should see about posting on Mini2, I think there has been a Blackpool adventure before, but I don't think anyone will mind!!;):D

The Dogfather
14th July 2004, 07:10 PM
Thanks Julz will do that now.......

chrome
26th July 2004, 05:13 PM
Id love to come and join in the fun!!

BTW - Blackpool is only 20 miles away for me so if i can be of any help with a reccy of carparks or wotever just lmk :)

The Dogfather
28th July 2004, 11:27 PM
So far we have 8-9 cars going, is this still a goer???? Can everyone email me to confirm that they are still up for this as I'll start checking for accommodation and stuff.

Paul

Julz
28th July 2004, 11:39 PM
Well, I've booked the friday and monday off as holidays so I'll be there!!;):D

Gismo
29th July 2004, 12:05 AM
Paul, if your looking for definites then i cannot guarantee anything yet as i start a new job 1st September and i just don't have a clue what work scope i'm gonna have.
So, if it helps just remove me from the list, might be worth limiting the numbers and have reserves ;)

Nenah
29th July 2004, 01:35 AM
I'd be keen to come but put me (& Jai) down as a maybe so I can confirm a bit closer as I often have events on weekends to run (although free at the moment). I was down in Blackpool last year - interesting place...accomodation was pretty dodgy on the beach front.

Sheilz
29th July 2004, 05:31 AM
As far as I can tell this weekend is still fine with me. My other half works offshore and is rarely ever able to be definite about when he will be at home BUT has promised to do his best. Is this ok?
:D:D:D

Duncan Stewart
29th July 2004, 04:48 PM
Dates fine for Helen & I. lookin forward to it.

Nenah
29th July 2004, 05:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah-M3RPM

I'd be keen to come but put me (& Jai) down as a maybe so I can confirm a bit closer as I often have events on weekends to run (although free at the moment). I was down in Blackpool last year - interesting place...accomodation was pretty dodgy on the beach front.

Count me in a definate (+1) for this trip now please. :D

X30YES
29th July 2004, 07:02 PM
night time lights run would be good . Accommodation can be a bit dodgy on the front . Stayed here http://pubfoodguide.co.uk/pubs/blackpool-air-balloon.htm at the airport when going offshore a couple of years ago , South Prom , easy access from M/way and to the Pleasure beach as well ,Trams etc 2 min walk .http://pubfoodguide.co.uk/pubs/blackpool-air-balloon.htm £45 per room

Nenah
29th July 2004, 08:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

night time lights run would be good . Accommodation can be a bit dodgy on the front . Stayed here http://pubfoodguide.co.uk/pubs/blackpool-air-balloon.htm at the airport when going offshore a couple of years ago , South Prom , easy access from M/way and to the Pleasure beach as well ,Trams etc 2 min walk .http://pubfoodguide.co.uk/pubs/blackpool-air-balloon.htm £45 per room

Not to worry anyone, but guy at work had his new jag keyed and the doors kicked in when parked near Pleasure Beach (ok ok -it was a jag but still!) so a hotel with large car park or security car park would be preferrable - we'll draw enough attention to ourselves as it is.

Duncan Stewart
29th July 2004, 08:53 PM
Your suggested Hotel looks good Angus and far enough away from the main seafront to avoid any worries about parking the cars.

The Dogfather
29th July 2004, 09:02 PM
I used to live in Blackpool (4 years ago) and I've still got family there so I've got a good idea of where to stay etc.

I am worried about the cars overnight though so when I look I'll try to find somewhere safe/with secure parking. One option is to stay outside the town centre which is a bit rough, just means a taxi in and out. I'm going to get in touch with the Tourist Board and get some recommendations, I'll then get my old man to check out the hotels.

Will keep you informed of developments...

Nenah
29th July 2004, 09:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I used to live in Blackpool (4 years ago) and I've still got family there so I've got a good idea of where to stay etc.

I am worried about the cars overnight though so when I look I'll try to find somewhere safe/with secure parking. One option is to stay outside the town centre which is a bit rough, just means a taxi in and out. I'm going to get in touch with the Tourist Board and get some recommendations, I'll then get my old man to check out the hotels.

Will keep you informed of developments...

Its always a concern for me - I wasnt singling out Blackpool :)

The Dogfather
29th July 2004, 09:32 PM
Blackpool is pretty bad, its stag party central! Don't worry about slaggin the place off I used to live in Thornton which is a sleepy town far away from the dross!

Does anyone have a budget that the'll like me to work to (per night per person). If not I might try to get a group discount at the De Vere near the park. Very plush..... Pool, Gym, Golf Course etc
Maybe not £135 per night(per room), ouch!
Paul

speedd
29th July 2004, 10:03 PM
are southerners allowed to this ?? :blackeye: and will there be any rock there?

The Dogfather
29th July 2004, 10:06 PM
I don't see why not.... Perhaps we could get some NMS rock made whilst we are there.

seany
29th July 2004, 10:49 PM
put me and una as a maybe.

Nenah
29th July 2004, 10:55 PM

Blackpool is pretty bad, its stag party central! Don't worry about slaggin the place off I used to live in Thornton which is a sleepy town far away from the dross!

Does anyone have a budget that the'll like me to work to (per night per person). If not I might try to get a group discount at the De Vere near the park. Very plush..... Pool, Gym, Golf Course etc

Paul

..and a bar I hope! Might be too posh for the NMS crowd ;) - would they let us in? Seriously, sounds v.good to me

Julz
29th July 2004, 10:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by speedd

and will there be any rock there?

Yes, your head!!:D:D If you do come, you do realise that you will have to wear your Jimmy hat (sorry J4GS!!;))

Scottie
29th July 2004, 11:39 PM
I stayed at the Lancaster House Hotel which is not too far from Blackpool and some good back roads to Blackpool. It's a Best Western might get a deal for a group booking. I had my mini and it was quite safe. Although there is speed bumps into the hotel. We were allowed to park in the staff carpark.

speedd
29th July 2004, 11:43 PM

quote:Originally posted by speedd

and will there be any rock there?

Yes, your head!!:D:D If you do come, you do realise that you will have to wear your Jimmy hat (sorry J4GS!!;))

Jimmy hat is standard now for runs as I have a Wee passport from Mr Ben Nevis aka Bonnie Scotland with his details on for reference :kiss:. I will be the Scottish mascot if none of you wee skirt wearers turn up for a run :p

If I see you again i'll bring my camera that takes red eye out make sure you bring mollie .. i'll take her to her new home :D

Julz
29th July 2004, 11:52 PM
Who's mollie??:clown: Did you not get my link on mini2?? I found you your very own baby Millie!!

http://www.bengalkittens.net/kittensforsale/kittensforsale.html

Och, the site was updated today, so she must have been sold, but there are still a few nice babies left:)

The Dogfather
29th July 2004, 11:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I stayed at the Lancaster House Hotel which is not too far from Blackpool and some good back roads to Blackpool. It's a Best Western might get a deal for a group booking. I had my mini and it was quite safe. Although there is speed bumps into the hotel. We were allowed to park in the staff carpark.

Nice place but too far from Blackpool if we want a night out.

Scottie
30th July 2004, 12:54 AM
Sorry I forgot. That's the trouble with my generation a night out in Blackpool with all the young yins on hen nights and stag nights, noisy night clubs, falling off the bench in the bear cellar yuck.

But wait a minute.

One of my best night's out was in Fanny's I sure that's the name of the place. (only for the open minded) yes I am straight but it was a good night out.

The Dogfather
30th July 2004, 01:02 AM

One of my best night's out was in Fanny's I sure that's the name of the place. (only for the open minded) yes I am straight but it was a good night out.

The place you mean is Funny Girls, see link http://www.blased.co.uk/information/funny_girls_blackpool.htm . They have a camp cabaret the whole place is staffed by trannies (and i don't mean ford vans). It is a straight bar and is a good night out but I think it shuts at eleven. Probably a good warm up to the clubs?

X30YES
30th July 2004, 01:24 AM
Funny Girls would be a hoot( not so many fa**y's in there though )!!!! :I- with The Yates's Wine Lodge and W'spoons only a block away as a warm up....put me down as a pos, def , maybe , denpding on off /on shore at the time ....should an invite to some of the mini2 guys in the area be posted ??? I think so !

The Dogfather
30th July 2004, 01:34 AM
Angus, are you up for the trip? Paul

X30YES
30th July 2004, 01:38 AM
Count me in ....as above Paul , might get more whisky from The OZ Sheila ..hahaha

Nenah
30th July 2004, 01:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Count me in ....as above Paul , might get more whisky from The OZ Sheila ..hahaha

Whisky in Scotland - I think the local drink in Blackppol is rocketfuel turps, Angus! That'll put hair' on any tranny's chest. ;)

chrome
30th July 2004, 02:00 AM
If your looking for a good club try http://www.thesyndicate.org/. This place is good :D

Scottie
30th July 2004, 04:14 AM
The place you mean is Funny Girls, see link http://www.blased.co.uk/information/funny_girls_blackpool.htm . They have a camp cabaret the whole place is staffed by trannies (and i don't mean ford vans). It is a straight bar and is a good night out but I think it shuts at eleven. Probably a good warm up to the clubs?
[/quote]

That's the place not to far out with the name it was a few years ago.:kiss:

X30YES
30th July 2004, 04:18 AM
Hey OZ .....'Blackpool rock'et fuel never say never ...fair dinkum how ever you guys spell it

Scottie
30th July 2004, 04:28 AM
quote:[i]

Maybe not £135 per night(per room), ouch!
Paul

So that's £67.50 per person. That's not too bad nice hotel

The Dogfather
30th July 2004, 06:20 AM
quote:
So that's £67.50 per person. That's not too bad nice hotel

Very nice place, I had a months trial membership at the health club. What does everyone else think? To pricey or OK?

Syndicate might be a bit 'young' for some (correct my if I'm wrong) anywhere a bit more like Addisons used to be?

interceptor
31st July 2004, 05:14 AM
I have put a link to this thread on the MINI2 North west Thread-Maybe we could meet up with you guys :)

minidriver#1
31st July 2004, 08:02 AM
due to past experiences, i wouldnt step foot in that scummy place called Blackpool. Besides, i'd rather not spend my birthday there ;) Good luck you guys.

X30YES
31st July 2004, 06:21 PM
Not my most Fav place either KJ ...but sure beats sitting in the hoose !!!:D...guess you dont want any NMS rock then :question::p

Burple
5th August 2004, 06:36 PM
Hey hey...
Put me an Flick down as a Yes for this one please! No More Mibbees! :D:D:D

Ta!

Scottie
9th August 2004, 07:58 PM
I'll come along ont wo conditions.

1. has to be a nice hotel not in the center of Blackpool.

2. No nightclub can not be bother with them.

3. No speed bumps on route anywhere at all no crap back roads that my car will ground on.

The Dogfather
9th August 2004, 08:38 PM
Fiona that's 3! Wouldn't do a hotel in the centre of Blackpool as they're all pretty crap, looking at either the De Vere or somewhere with a good car park. Unfortunatley most hotel car parks have speed bumps but I'll ask at the De Vere.

I'm going to see if I can get someone to negoitiate us a discount, now who do i know who does that sort of thing....... Nenah where are you............!

Scottie
9th August 2004, 09:19 PM
Sorry yoou correct it was three. I like the thought os the De Vere. the third one is because of the sh*t Zeemax kit bugs me rotten now if I could turn the clock back.

Julz
9th August 2004, 09:33 PM
I'll second the no speed bumps please!!:p Fiona, what's caused all this hate towards your poor little car??:(:clown:

Scottie
9th August 2004, 09:59 PM
Well I feel that I spent all that money and it was plenty through Barry at Zeemax ( you can imagine) I have a car that looks good (to some folk ) but the car just not practical and you can not get the full potential of the engine because fast speeds low skirt just don't go. I think running on 17's at the moment is not helping.

The Dogfather
9th August 2004, 10:50 PM
Fiona, is your car lowered? If it is just go back to normal springs.

Scottie
9th August 2004, 10:59 PM
no not lowered.

Julz
10th August 2004, 04:12 PM
I thought you'd lowered it!! I can understand how you're feeling, although I really only start to growl after a few hours of bumps and potholes as I'm convinced the rear arches are going to rip off! I'm lucky I'm not in the hate ohase at the moment, but I've no doubt you spent a heck of alot more than me due to the wonderful man, Barry!!:disapprove:
Once you have your new seats and paint, it'll be all hearts and roses again!!:clown:

Scottie
11th August 2004, 12:57 AM
my names still not down on the list

The Dogfather
11th August 2004, 01:02 AM
Oops! Is now, sorry!

Nenah
11th August 2004, 02:32 AM
I'm going to see if I can get someone to negoitiate us a discount, now who do i know who does that sort of thing....... Nenah where are you............!
[/quote]
i can probably get a corporate rate for us if I book through my events business - rack rate is for fools! Let me knwo which hotel, and how many, the rack rate (what go-public pays) and the maximum pp willing to pay - I'll flutter my eyelashes and see what I can do!:kiss:

Nenah
11th August 2004, 08:03 PM
Paul - I sent your emails (to admin@..)with discount of 61% off price they quoted you - I can get through my company - let me know what you think. will need to book asap to reserve. :)

Nenah
12th August 2004, 07:04 AM
Did anyone watch Most Haunted Never Seen on Sky Living TV last night? They had unseen footage from a past show where they spent the night at Pleasure Beach and certain rides are supposedly haunted (strangly, not the ghost train tho?) The shop called Maxines is supposedly VERY haunted - we should definately add a ghost hunt into our night's adventures at Pleasure Beach! Truth or urban myth...after a few drinks I'll beleive anything!

The Dogfather
12th August 2004, 03:08 PM
Nenah the Pleasure Beach closes at 8 so no chance of ghost hunt. There is however a 'ride' called passage del terror (or something like that) which is a bit like walking through ever horror film you ever seen. Scary as F...

Gismo
12th August 2004, 05:12 PM
Codona's was open until midnight last night, so, plenty of opportunity to catch some ghosts, if so required :eek:

Scottie
12th August 2004, 10:35 PM
Hi,

Can you + 1 please. That will be Fiona + Allan. Ta.

seany
13th August 2004, 12:15 AM
do we have a hotel yet

The Dogfather
13th August 2004, 12:53 AM
Seany, working on it. Likely to be the De Vere trying to sort out a discount.

Keep an eye on this forum....

seany
13th August 2004, 01:56 AM
ok,thanks

minidriver#1
17th August 2004, 12:50 AM

Well I feel that I spent all that money and it was plenty through Barry at Zeemax ( you can imagine) I have a car that looks good (to some folk ) but the car just not practical and you can not get the full potential of the engine because fast speeds low skirt just don't go. I think running on 17's at the moment is not helping.

i dont want to sound stupid or something, but didnt you think of this before spending your cash?

The Dogfather
17th August 2004, 06:30 AM
quote:
i dont want to sound stupid or something, but didnt you think of this before spending your cash?

KJ - why do you feel the need to make such negative comments?

Sheilz
17th August 2004, 07:49 AM
Hi, can I have a double or a twin room please. Thanks.:D:D

Julz
17th August 2004, 05:28 PM
Double room please!!:D

minidriver#1
17th August 2004, 06:13 PM

quote:

what are you talking about? i asked a simple innoffensive question; yes a question, not a comment. Besides, i dont recall directing it at you.

Its like something i read about a lot in the modding mags about Americans modding their cars to the extent that they are practically undriveable.

Scottie
17th August 2004, 06:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

quote:

what are you talking about? i asked a simple innoffensive question; yes a question, not a comment. Besides, i dont recall directing it at you.

Calm down man:p I not bothered. In answer to your question. no I did nae think of that.

Scottie
17th August 2004, 06:30 PM
I will need to confirm nearer the time about the hotel. Want to make sure my car's back from the paint shop and seat shop in plenty of time for this event. (Chucking more money at it hope I've thought this one through).

Duncan Stewart
17th August 2004, 10:06 PM
Double for Helen & I please.

The Dogfather
18th August 2004, 01:28 AM
KJ - I asked the question because you've posted twice on this topic, once calling my home town scummy and second asking a question which to me doesn't sound inoffensive. I just wondered why you felt the need to say anything at all, that's all.

The Dogfather
18th August 2004, 01:31 AM
Fiona - No problem with the booking I'm sure you'll be able to book later it's a big hotel.

minidriver#1
18th August 2004, 03:04 AM

KJ - I asked the question because you've posted twice on this topic, once calling my home town scummy and second asking a question which to me doesn't sound inoffensive. I just wondered why you felt the need to say anything at all, that's all.

last time i was in your wonderful home town i was subjected to racial abuse THREE times in a week. forgive me but i dont want to be in a town thats still living in the dark ages (except when the illuminations are on, but then again, Blackpool aint exactly know for nice lookin people :p so they should just keep em turned off)

my initial question has been answered, but thanks for your concern anyway.

The Dogfather
18th August 2004, 05:42 AM
I'm sorry to hear you were abused. Racism and all types of predudice shouldn't be tolerated, the ****rs who did this are mindless scum.

However to label an entire town as racist is pretty predudiced as well, isn't it? The chances are the people who abused you are likely to be visitors to the town given the fact the population in the town is increases by 300% during the season.

In my experience the locals are pretty open-minded. And just for the record one of the recent Miss Great Britain was from Blackpool so they aren't all pig ugly.

minidriver#1
18th August 2004, 07:07 AM

I'm sorry to hear you were abused. Racism and all types of predudice shouldn't be tolerated, the ****rs who did this are mindless scum.

However to label an entire town as racist is pretty predudiced as well, isn't it? The chances are the people who abused you are likely to be visitors to the town given the fact the population in the town is increases by 300% during the season.

In my experience the locals are pretty open-minded. And just for the record one of the recent Miss Great Britain was from Blackpool so they aren't all pig ugly.

your probably right to a certain extent, but i doubt your shop keepers and public service workers are holiday makers coming for summer jobs. I'm not labelling Blackpool a racist place, i just dont like the place anymore, especially the fish and chips. ;)

but anyway please accept my appology for being outspoken about that on this thread.

The Dogfather
18th August 2004, 07:46 AM
You're right you can't get decent Fish and Chips there anymore, now Stonehaven is a much better bet!

Comments forgotten, I'll buy you a whisky (or coke!) if you come along on the distillery run. Cheers for the advice with the Audi..

weefossy
19th August 2004, 07:17 AM
Not sure how this works, Malcolm is away until Friday, just want to confirm that both dad and I will be on the run, (no Kids, there back at uni). I am not use to doing the technology bit, but can you book us into the hotel, please. If Dad has done this already its not my fault. Quick question any chance of going to the pleasure park for a few quick rides. Do not take this the wrong way, I am a old married women. I was thinking maybe, water slides and the like.

The Dogfather
19th August 2004, 05:03 PM
Mrs Weefossy - We'll be at the park most of the afternoon. I'll be ringing the hotel this afternoon.

Paul

interceptor
21st August 2004, 06:35 AM
Just to let you guys know-Some of us will still be up for meeting you peeps :)
It's gone abit quite-I think everyone thinks because it's October it's ages away!!
Bad Dog will keep you informed matey.

Eggy7496
31st August 2004, 11:30 PM
Paul is it possible you could give me a contact number so i can speak to you about this run. Or is it to late, i spoke to you briefy on your chip butty run.

The Dogfather
1st September 2004, 01:54 AM
Eggy - I've sent you my contact number via email.

Eggy7496
2nd September 2004, 04:54 PM
Got it

Starky
4th September 2004, 08:36 AM

You're right you can't get decent Fish and Chips there anymore

Paul, have you not tried the wee chippy round the corner from the Brunswick club (canny mind the name) sooperb fish and chips and it's always chocca. :D

The Dogfather
4th September 2004, 06:32 PM
No where's the Brunswick Club? Is it at the back of the airport?

Starky
4th September 2004, 08:12 PM
Nah, it's just down from the polis station first right under the bridge.

The Dogfather
5th September 2004, 04:31 AM
Yeah, know where you mean now. Used to live in the town centre so bit embarrassed that I didn't know the club.

Starky
6th September 2004, 01:13 AM

Yeah, know where you mean now. Used to live in the town centre so bit embarrassed that I didn't know the club.

Don't be, I've probably drank in every pub 'n' club in Blackpool, hic.:p, apart fae the Flying Handbag, lol. :D

Scottie
6th September 2004, 09:58 PM
Sorry no longer able to make this run.

Eggy7496
7th September 2004, 12:47 AM
will you's be meeting up we minis in england??

The Dogfather
7th September 2004, 01:30 AM
There's a chance some will meet up with us but nothing confirmed yet!

Eggy7496
7th September 2004, 04:39 PM
Paul is it only the hotel i have to book?

The Dogfather
7th September 2004, 04:42 PM
Yes, just the hotel. I'll try to sort out guest list entry to some clubs.

Eggy7496
7th September 2004, 04:44 PM
fantastic, i'll let you know asap, tryin to get someone to come with me

Nenah
6th October 2004, 05:47 AM
Paul - I'm booking an extra room at the hotel tomorrow for our mate Lance from Oz who arrives this weekend - he's very excited about the run! Since it will be Halloween the weekend we are in Blackpool, I think everyone should make an effort for fancy dress on Saturday night out as I imagine Blackpool will go off on Halloween's eve - who wants a George Bush Halloween mask? I bought back a few from the States (they are very anti-Bush over there at the mo!) as well as some anti-Bush T-shirts with his a picture of his face crossed out in red..too political or controversial for you? Jai is still in States and can pick up a few more to bring back in time for the run if anyone wants one too?

The Dogfather
6th October 2004, 03:50 PM
Welcome back Nenah, I'm not too sure about fancy dress most of the locals don't need it! I'm very anti-bush <awaits comments from Big Col/Gordy> how the hell did that moron become the most powerful man in the world.....

I'm going to put together a list of options of what we can do whilst we're there. Probably post it on Friday so watch this space.

Julz
6th October 2004, 04:41 PM
I like the idea of a fancy dress theme, we've been trying to think of something, but not coming up with many ideas!:clown:

The Dogfather
13th October 2004, 04:57 PM
Check out the other topic for more details on the run.......

interceptor
15th October 2004, 06:31 AM
Have posted on the North West thread on MINI2 to see if anyone can make it up to Blackpool to meet up with you peeps on the 30th.

Will let you know

Si

weefossy
16th October 2004, 11:11 PM
Excellent Interceptor, it would be great to have some of your gang there. The more the merrier.

interceptor
29th October 2004, 05:29 PM
There are a couple that would be interested in meeting up on the Saturday early evening-Are you doing a convoy through the lights?
Might be just a case of turning up and playing it by ear?

The Dogfather
29th October 2004, 05:32 PM
Simon - That's fine, there's 6 cars travelling down and we'll be at the Pleasure Beach before we run through the lights. Give me a call on 07909 882663 when you get to Blackpool so we can arrange to meet up. Will anyone be coming out for a few beers?

interceptor
29th October 2004, 07:51 PM
No probs-Will give you a ring if the others can make it.

interceptor
29th October 2004, 07:56 PM
LOL-I'm a big Haggis now!!!!!!!!!!!

stoney
16th August 2005, 08:03 PM
would love 2 go me and my girlfrind a dubble will need 2 check work will let u know stoney

Burple
16th August 2005, 08:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by s700ony

would love 2 go me and my girlfrind a dubble will need 2 check work will let u know stoney

erm....
Sorry to burst the bubble... but this was LAST year... :I:I:I:p:D

Wul
16th August 2005, 08:09 PM
'Kin ell - i just thought.....where did i miss this thread? :clown:

Perhaps some kind moderator will lock all the "past" run threads. :I