PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk

GCA3N
26th July 2010, 12:46 PM
Anyone using this on their phones and having problems and errors The reason I ask is I keep getting forum error and image is too large etc. I have contacted tapatalk folks and they are sending me a new version to test. Would be interesting to see if others are experiencing similar issues.

The Dogfather
26th July 2010, 12:51 PM
I had that but I've now disabled it on NM

Gismo
26th July 2010, 12:51 PM
Works ok for me on the Droid

Please let me know if the updated software fixes your particular problem

Big Gordy
26th July 2010, 12:56 PM
Ohhh Ken will be pleased :smilewinkgrin:

Doug_m
26th July 2010, 01:15 PM
Having same issues!
Even worse when on detailing world

Gismo
26th July 2010, 01:15 PM
Having same issues!
Even worse when on detailing worldWhich may suggest it's not my forum side, which, for me, is a relief

GCA3N
26th July 2010, 01:30 PM
Which may suggest it's not my forum side, which, for me, is a relief

Alan the tapatalk guys are pretty sure it's on their side.

Gismo
26th July 2010, 06:04 PM
Someone has some clout with Tapatalk, 2 of their team registered on the site today to check out their software :thumbs up:

Scottie
26th July 2010, 06:14 PM
working for me fine

stoney
26th July 2010, 06:15 PM
i was haveing probs to

tapatalk
26th July 2010, 06:18 PM
Same here. Looking into root cause

stoney
26th July 2010, 06:23 PM
good stuff :thumbs up:

Craig
26th July 2010, 09:21 PM
I was also having probs so stopped using it.... Hope they get it sorted :thumbs up:

GCA3N
26th July 2010, 09:29 PM
Someone has some clout with Tapatalk, 2 of their team registered on the site today to check out their software :thumbs up:

You can blame me I have been on to them to see if they can sort it.

Gismo
27th July 2010, 05:01 AM
The Tapatalk gurus have asked me to modify one of the system files which i have done, so, i guess if anyone has any updates on whether it is working or not then post here.
I should add that the forums were working for me on my Droid

stoney
27th July 2010, 07:50 AM
yep working spot on again got the unread post bit back as well :thumbs up:

GCA3N
27th July 2010, 08:52 AM
Still getting image is too large to handle error. Still trying to workout how to download their file they have sent.

Delboy
27th July 2010, 09:09 AM
Works fine on my HTC phone. Must just be a problem on the crappy iPhone :lol:

N16SHP
27th July 2010, 10:40 AM
works fine on my htc phone. Must just be a problem on the crappy iphone :lol:

....fight fight fight fight lol!!!!

Bazthemod
27th July 2010, 01:26 PM
Working fine on iPhone 4 ;)

Doug_m
27th July 2010, 01:45 PM
Wasn't working, still came with image too large crap...
Switch phone off n on and now it works :)
Strange...

GCA3N
27th July 2010, 04:19 PM
Just downloaded the new tapatalk that they have kindly sent me and it seems so far to be running well couple of nice extra features will update again if all is well.

GCA3N
27th July 2010, 05:27 PM
Forget last comment lots of lovely extras but still some issues. These guys seem top notch though and working at it.

Gismo
27th July 2010, 05:59 PM
nice new icons etc, guys have FTP access to the site and are making changes.
Shame the iPhone has the problem :lol:

tapatalk
30th July 2010, 01:17 PM
We got most of the issue fixed but the image too large issue need app to be fixed. Not making it to up coming version but next one for sure!

GCA3N
30th July 2010, 03:26 PM
cool, is that the one you sent me guys?

tapatalk
31st July 2010, 03:02 AM
cool, is that the one you sent me guys?

No we are still working on it.

william
3rd August 2010, 07:19 AM
Testing it again

Gismo
4th August 2010, 03:16 PM
The tapatalk guys have assured me they are complete with their testing, they also asked me to make a forum setting change regarding how the new threads are shown as being read.
I've made the change, but, as far as i can tell it starts at the beginning of the post and not at the newest post, this may just be a temp thing as it indexes the whole thread and may be treating it as a new thread, so, we'll see how it goes for a few days while the new threads and posts come in.

Tapatalk are in the process of sending their info to Apple, so, some patience required.

Hoipefully you iPhone users will be able to view the site again :Whistle:

Burple
4th August 2010, 04:13 PM
interesting... when I logged in this morning, it's showing 'New Posts' in threads that I already read yesterday (and nothing new posted).. could this be an effect of the changes made?

Edit: Actually, after looking through some threads, it's affecting everything posted after the 27th of July..

they also asked me to make a forum setting change regarding how the new threads are shown as being read.
I've made the change, but, as far as i can tell it starts at the beginning of the post and not at the newest post, this may just be a temp thing as it indexes the whole thread and may be treating it as a new thread, so, we'll see how it goes for a few days while the new threads and posts come in.

Tapatalk are in the process of sending their info to Apple, so, some patience required.

Hoipefully you iPhone users will be able to view the site again :Whistle:

Gismo
4th August 2010, 05:47 PM
Just as i thought, if others mention teh same i will revert

stoney
4th August 2010, 06:11 PM
interesting... when I logged in this morning, it's showing 'New Posts' in threads that I already read yesterday (and nothing new posted).. could this be an effect of the changes made?

Edit: Actually, after looking through some threads, it's affecting everything posted after the 27th of July..

im haveing probs now as well alan :frown: when i click whats new it freaking out i have to use the todays post bit to get any new threads

Gismo
4th August 2010, 07:23 PM
im haveing probs now as well alan :frown: when i click whats new it freaking out i have to use the todays post bit to get any new threadsI've reverted the setting, should be fine again

stoney
4th August 2010, 08:33 PM
all sorted :thumbs up: