PDA

View Full Version : MINIs take on the RAF - Leuchars

Big Col
7th July 2004, 04:19 PM
Thought I'd better start this thread before a certain vertically unsuccesful mod got stroppy. ;):D

What was said about a Leuchars run in the other thread was:

Shoppie said:
Although space at Leuchars Airshow is commercial, the organisers think its a great idea and they may be able to set aside an area for us F.O.C. There would be a strict rule regarding our participation though...
We must be on site by 07:30am in the morning and must remain in place until the show ends (around 6:00pm) There will be no possibility of anyone leaving early!!
I have the contact name and telephone no. to get back to if you wish to proceed.

X30YES and Seanysuggested that we could go up the night before for some food & drinks then go on to the airshow.

low_n_loud1said:
I'll be there anyway as I have a fetish for men in uniform but if you lot would like to come along too that would be fine too I guess.

The website address for Leuchars is www.airshow.co.uk

List is as follows so far:

1.MartinSullivan
2.X30YES
3.R7ETH
4.Big Gordy + Maxxed Ross
5.Bonnie Scotland
6.Julz
7.KJ
8.Dundonian (Maybe)
9.Goldmini
10.Broken Brian
11.Seany
12.Una I assume?
13.Low 'n' Loud

Burple
7th July 2004, 06:22 PM
You're gonnae get such a slap round the back of the knees!! :p:blackeye:;):D

hmm... well how about everyone comes to Sunny Dundee?
There's plenty of Travelodges and the like around.. If you all fancy booking into the same one? Or there's plent of B&Bs around too... and it should take less than half an hour to get to the show from here too..
..And the road from Dundee to Leuchars is fun!! ;);)

Just a thought... :D

Scottie
7th July 2004, 07:32 PM
quote:
..And the road from Dundee to Leuchars is fun!! ;);)

I could nae follow you again my car is still recovering from the grounding it got on Saturday.:evil:

MartinSullivan
7th July 2004, 07:49 PM
I would be up for this one, stop over in Dundee sounds good.

Put me down as a definite maybe :D

X30YES
7th July 2004, 08:11 PM
Put me down as a definite-maybe-good chance of being there ...(if I'm onshore at the time that is ).

R7 ETH
7th July 2004, 08:28 PM
I would love to go to this one, but i will have to speak to the missus as we arrive back in edinburgh at 22.15 from prague the day before.

Big Gordy
7th July 2004, 09:12 PM
Put me down as a definate maybe :I
I see they do a group price of £8 for 12 or more bookings :p We could go for that............and if we get to display it will also save us £3 on parking :D We can't afford NOT to go :) we'll be saving money :p:D:approve:

Gismo
7th July 2004, 09:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big ColThought I'd better start this thread before a certain vertically unsuccesful mod got stroppy. ;):DAnd just exactly which mod are you referring too :evil: eh eh

Julz
7th July 2004, 09:36 PM
We were going anyway, so put us down as a yes!!;)

Maxxed Ross
8th July 2004, 12:34 AM
I'm up for this if my pilot is :D Man I need to learn to drive

minidriver#1
8th July 2004, 01:13 AM
i'm a definate. i have the flyer for the airshow in my hand right now and in the other i have.... so anyways yeh.

shoppie
8th July 2004, 02:41 AM
Folks - As I understand from the organisers, If we were to provide a large display of MINIS at RAF Leuchars Airshow under the banner of NMS we would all get "Participant" car passes which would allow us and our families free entry to the show. (I will clarify this soon)
I would also guess that they will require a firm commitment of numbers early on so I would suggest starting a list of confirmed drivers as soon as...

I am afraid I cannot take this one on so one of you will have to deal directly with the organisers as the airshow is my other hobby, I will be there anyway. Whoever it is can get the direct tel. no from me.
My car will of course be available via my son.

dundonian
8th July 2004, 03:39 AM
Can you put me down as a definite maybe for this

phantom
8th July 2004, 03:40 AM
low_n_loud1said:
I'll be there anyway as I have a fetish for men in uniform but if you lot would like to come along too that would be fine too I guess.

The website address for Leuchars is www.airshow.co.uk

[/quote]
Euan, I still have my overalls with badges sewn on them, wiil that do!:kiss:

Sheilz
8th July 2004, 03:46 AM
I'd like to go to this one but it depends when it is. :D:D:D

duncan
8th July 2004, 03:49 AM
Why is the airshow always on a Saturday when United are at home????????

I'll probably skip this, unless Setanta change the date again!

GAJ
8th July 2004, 04:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

I'd like to go to this one but it depends when it is. :D:D:D

I think it is on Saturday 11th September.

minidriver#1
8th July 2004, 07:46 AM
it is the 11th :)

ny152
8th July 2004, 04:06 PM
I would be a definite for the show :).

Dont mind staying in Dundee the night before either, as long as we're not eating at the Hungry Horse (they dont like me there!) :(.

broken_brian
8th July 2004, 06:39 PM
oh can i come along too can i can i pleeeeaaaaassssseeeeeee :)

seany
8th July 2004, 11:38 PM
Big Col, are you starting a list on page 1???????

Big Col
9th July 2004, 12:27 AM
Ooops. Sorry Seany I just opened this thread to get it started. I dunno if I can make it to the show so I wouldn't be the best to organise it. I can start the list though. :)

seany
9th July 2004, 01:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Ooops. Sorry Seany I just opened this thread to get it started. I dunno if I can make it to the show so I wouldn't be the best to organise it. I can start the list though. :)

ok, if you keep the name up date for me and i will take it on,

yes una will be there with the cooper

Gismo
9th July 2004, 01:39 AM
Seany, if you want to organise the run then it would be best if you started the list as you will have to keep it updated

Kirsty
9th July 2004, 02:23 AM
Spooky I was just thinking about the show today and hadn't seen this thread until now!!!! Can I be put down for a definate maybe!!!! Fank you!!!

seany
9th July 2004, 03:27 AM
welcome aboard Kirsty, it won't be the same without you.

will do BS

seany
9th July 2004, 03:52 AM
Topic now here :-http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2147

Monsta Mo Mini
9th July 2004, 05:01 AM
This thread will now be locked to avoid any confusion...there's a lot of it about!