PDA

View Full Version : Collinite No. 845 Wax

..S-J..
23rd July 2010, 06:26 PM
Has anybody used Collinite No. 845 wax, if so what did you think of it?
Polished Bliss and Clean your car seem to rate it just want to know if anyone on here has had any experience with it

Craig
23rd July 2010, 06:30 PM
Only used 476s and 915 and love both. ;). Use 915 on my cars just now ;)

Sheilz
24th July 2010, 12:26 AM
Only used 476s and 915 and love both. ;). Use 915 on my cars just now ;)

That second one's the one I've got and it gives a lovely deep shine to the paintwork. I got a tin at Christmas and its almost gone. It's very easy to use with no residue. Autoglym stuff is bad for leaving dust everywhere. I like the dodo banana stuff too and it has the added bonus of smelling yummy.

k3ith
24th July 2010, 09:17 AM
I use Colly 845 on my alloys, added protection against the evils of brake dust.

..S-J..
24th July 2010, 02:17 PM
I use Colly 845 on my alloys, added protection against the evils of brake dust.

I have been reading that some people use on wheels and/or there paint work. I think I might give it a shot as it seems to be pretty durable stuff and I need something like that due to the seagulls beside my work.

Sheilz
24th July 2010, 07:40 PM
I need something like that due to the seagulls beside my work.

Is Aberdeen not just the pits for those bloody seagulls? I wash their filth off the car right away but last time one of those dirty boody flying rats dive bombed Dougall was through the night and by morning the roof was etched with it. CULL THE GULL

..S-J..
24th July 2010, 07:50 PM
Is Aberdeen not just the pits for those bloody seagulls? I wash their filth off the car right away but last time one of those dirty boody flying rats dive bombed Dougall was through the night and by morning the roof was etched with it. CULL THE GULL

They are a right pain, need to clean it off most days after work

N16SHP
25th July 2010, 09:59 PM

Would this rant have anything to do with the fact that today I avoided no less than 6 dead seagulls on the road? Nice one Sheliz, that's 6 less I have to worry about pooping on Roxy!!

Mon the fish
26th July 2010, 06:49 AM
What are the differences between all the various numbers of Collinite? I've only tried 915, but happy with that on my EB/W JCW - are the different types for lighter/darker colours?

..S-J..
26th July 2010, 09:06 AM
I have ordered the 845 will post pictures of the results later this week

coopert21ceb
27th July 2010, 04:18 PM
I hate Aberdeen for the Gulls. Cleaned the car all nice and went out the next morning and I thought a dinasoar had crapped on my windscreen. And I am in one of the most western points of the City away from the Sea. I thought they were called SEA Gulls?? And why did they hit my Mini and not the girlfriends Freelander parked in front? Oh no they got to hit the smaller target. GGGGGRRRRRR

N16SHP
27th July 2010, 10:52 PM
I hate Aberdeen for the Gulls. Cleaned the car all nice and went out the next morning and I thought a dinasoar had crapped on my windscreen. And I am in one of the most western points of the City away from the Sea. I thought they were called SEA Gulls?? And why did they hit my Mini and not the girlfriends Freelander parked in front? Oh no they got to hit the smaller target. GGGGGRRRRRR

Yeah I know the feeling. I almost bought a Cooper with a mod target logo on the roof...now that WOULD of been asking for trouble lol!

Stewart
28th July 2010, 12:03 PM
I nearly had a fit leaving my Cooper at the Harbour at Whitby as they are bloody big birds the gulls as you’ll know. They were sitting on the car roofs in the car park and I thought one of those things will crap on my black roof. :ragin:

Thankfully I came back to a clean roof but the TT in front was covered. I had a 1.5 lt bottle of Scottish rainwater out my water butts thats how much I hate bird crap when I'm away from the house.:blush:

coopert21ceb
28th July 2010, 01:12 PM
Well I was thinking about the Helipad on the roof but that idea went out the window when I saw the size of some of them. Feared they may actually use it to land on. Horrible beasts that they are.

..S-J..
22nd August 2010, 04:25 PM
Beading from the 845 after 5 washes

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/sjb1987/Cars/Beading4.jpg