PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3

Fairy
21st July 2010, 09:49 PM
Anyone been to see this yet?
We saw it on Tuesday night, absolutely loved it - would recommend you see it in 3D :thumbs up::yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
21st July 2010, 09:53 PM
Anyone been to see this yet?
We saw it on Tuesday night, absolutely loved it - would recommend you see it in 3D :thumbs up::yes nod:
:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

A. :D

Delboy
6th August 2010, 08:02 PM
Saw it this week in 3D - was superb :thumbs up:. Very enjoyable and fun movie.

However, I really hate sitting for 30-40 minutes watching adverts and trailers (plus however long you've been in the cinema waiting for them to start) before the feature presentation starts :argh:. It's so annoying but if you go in late then you don't get a decent choice of seats - unless you book a premier seat. On top of that, I think the cinema is getting way too expensive - £9.35 for an adult to see Toy Story (and that was using our own 3D glasses) and about £8 for a child :frown:.

Rant over :smilewinkgrin:.

Bazthemod
6th August 2010, 08:34 PM
Saw it last night - Awesome! That bear is a bad boy lol

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2010, 11:20 PM

However, I really hate sitting for 30-40 minutes watching adverts and trailers (plus however long you've been in the cinema waiting for them to start) before the feature presentation starts :argh:. It's so annoying but if you go in late then you don't get a decent choice of seats - unless you book a premier seat. On top of that, I think the cinema is getting way too expensive - £9.35 for an adult to see Toy Story (and that was using our own 3D glasses) and about £8 for a child :frown:.

Here we go again...:frown:

Actually, I don't have the energy at the moment to argue it out with anyone.

Truth is we're all frikking millionaires and rip our customers off as much and as often as we can. It's quite disgusting really, you could compare our prices with south American drug barons and no-one would argue.

Also, just to p!ss you off even more, if you took your own glasses in, you probably saw it in RealD which is cr@p. You should have found a cinema showing it in XpanD, spent less and had a better 3D experience. Now, I wonder where you could find a cinema with XpanD..... :laugh:

Only thing that I would argue with is the "30-40 mins of ads and trailers". Unlikely. It may have felt like that but I bet it was actually no more than 20 tops. :yes nod:

Mon the fish
7th August 2010, 07:10 AM

Truth is we're all frikking millionaires

You do have 3 cars....... :p

N16SHP
7th August 2010, 09:05 AM
I thought the film was brillant, however after watching it in 3D, i'm still not overly thrilled with 3D. Possibly like Andy has said, it's because it was Real3D, but both the Mrs and I came out with a sore head too which is not fun!

GCA3N
7th August 2010, 09:13 AM
You do have 3 cars....... :p

please please lets not start this again.:rolleyes:

Neil and Lorna
7th August 2010, 10:07 AM

Another way of looking if cinema is value for money is, I was talking recently with one of our customers who had recently visited the travelling fairground. She says they were charging around £2-3 per ride which lasted about 3-4 minutes. So when you work it out even at £2 for 3 mins it's 90p a minute, if we were to charge the same it would cost you more than £100 for a 2 hour film. :popcorn:

Just my thoughts.

Neil. :D

john
7th August 2010, 11:32 AM
Getting BACK ON TOPIC!!! No I have not seen it yet but I fully intend seeing it this week:yes nod:

GCA3N
7th August 2010, 11:46 AM
YEh I watched a pirate copy this week, excellent......:Whistle:

Andy no moonies I am pullin yer chain dude. My mum took our daughter to it last week and they both loved it to bits.:D

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2010, 11:48 AM
I thought the film was brillant, however after watching it in 3D, i'm still not overly thrilled with 3D. Possibly like Andy has said, it's because it was Real3D, but both the Mrs and I came out with a sore head too which is not fun!

Neil, some folk can be affected by 3D in that way although it's fairly rare. At the end of the day your brain is being tricked into thinking it's seeing something that simply isn't there. A degree of eye strain is to be expected. RealD is worse than XpanD in that respect but it does still happen with XpanD with some customers. Not often though. :frown:

N16SHP
7th August 2010, 02:30 PM
Neil, some folk can be affected by 3D in that way although it's fairly rare. At the end of the day your brain is being tricked into thinking it's seeing something that simply isn't there. A degree of eye strain is to be expected. RealD is worse than XpanD in that respect but it does still happen with XpanD with some customers. Not often though. :frown:

So basically I just need to man up lol! Having said that, I had no problems watching Avatar, although the difference is I was sitting smack bang in the middle, where as we were slightly off to the side which was a little off putting, that may have something to do with it!

Delboy
7th August 2010, 04:45 PM

Truth is we're all frikking millionaires and rip our customers off as much and as often as we can. It's quite disgusting really, you could compare our prices with south American drug barons and no-one would argue.

Also, just to p!ss you off even more, if you took your own glasses in, you probably saw it in RealD which is cr@p. You should have found a cinema showing it in XpanD, spent less and had a better 3D experience. Now, I wonder where you could find a cinema with XpanD..... :laugh:

Only thing that I would argue with is the "30-40 mins of ads and trailers". Unlikely. It may have felt like that but I bet it was actually no more than 20 tops. :yes nod:

:sheep:
My comments were not meant as a personal attack on you or your cinema Andy - take a frikkin' chill-pill man.

Anyway, I had an Orange Wednesday 2-for-1 ticket :smilewinkgrin:.

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2010, 08:34 PM
:sheep:
My comments were not meant as a personal attack on you or your cinema Andy - take a frikkin' chill-pill man.

Anyway, I had an Orange Wednesday 2-for-1 ticket :smilewinkgrin:.

Feck me.:hand: You bitch about the prices and you still only paid half price.:frown:

I know it wasn't directed at me personally. :thumbs up:

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2010, 08:46 PM
So basically I just need to man up lol! Having said that, I had no problems watching Avatar, although the difference is I was sitting smack bang in the middle, where as we were slightly off to the side which was a little off putting, that may have something to do with it!

Ahhh. Deffo. Passive 3D (which is what RealD is) is poor for angled viewing. Again, this is something XpanD doesn't suffer for at all.

A.