PDA

View Full Version : Indicators not working.

poprock
18th July 2010, 02:51 PM
Hi, the drivers side rear and side (but not front) indicators on my 53 plate mini cooper have stopped working. We've replaced the bulbs and changed around the relays but still not working. What's the next step?

Gismo
18th July 2010, 03:12 PM
Check the fuse

poprock
18th July 2010, 03:19 PM
The fuse/relay is fine. Checked that. I’m now a bit stuck.

Gismo
18th July 2010, 03:32 PM
Can you check to confirm the wires are live, ie, remove the plug that goes into the back of the bulb, switch the indicator on and make sure your test lamp is flashing, if not and you're confirdent the fuses and relays are all ok then it has to be a wiring issue elsewhere

poprock
18th July 2010, 03:35 PM
That seems sensible. I’ll need to get a test lamp or multimeter when the shops are open tomorrow.

poprock
18th July 2010, 09:02 PM
Okay, managed to borrow a multimeter. There’s no power getting to those two bulbs, so there must be a wiring issue.

Is there a wiring diagram online anywhere? Googling for one is an absolute pain because it brings up hundreds of diagrams for classic Minis!

mikeythemini
18th July 2010, 10:04 PM
Could be nasty - hope not
The Indicators are controlled by the BC1 & the front & side/rear are on seperate outputs
The first thing to try is a reset on the car - disconnect both sides of the battery & join the 2 leads together for a few seconds. Reconnect & try
If they are still not working - take off the drivers side kickpanel & access the BC1 - its held on with 10mm nuts - check the plugs are fuly home & no signs of corrosion