PDA

View Full Version : Mid-life R56 update model now on MINI.co.uk configurator...

KenL
17th July 2010, 09:24 PM
...as per title.

Design refresh model now up there. Looks great with new colours, options and interior.

A nice time to be ordering a new MINI :thumbs up:

Sheilz
17th July 2010, 10:27 PM
I love the orange its pretty damned cool but shocking it doesn't seem to be available for the clubman which appears to be quite limited in it range of colours.

Stewart
18th July 2010, 12:08 PM
A nice time to be ordering a new MINI :thumbs up:

Aye before the 20% vat kicks in :argh: but I think I'm going to get tyres and keep my Coop till next Summer.

stoney
18th July 2010, 03:12 PM
i see you can now spec a chili red roof and mirror caps as well

KenL
18th July 2010, 07:23 PM
i see you can now spec a chili red roof and mirror caps as well

Motoring file said that was a JCW option only.

I've always thought more roof option would be a good idea, something they brought in for the Clubman.

KenL
18th July 2010, 07:24 PM
I love the orange its pretty damned cool but shocking it doesn't seem to be available for the clubman which appears to be quite limited in it range of colours.

A sign it is on its way out?

T5LLC
18th July 2010, 07:37 PM
Aw i love the orange! I always liked the orange just hated that it only came in the convertable.. yeey my next one has to be that colour :)

Sheilz
19th July 2010, 12:36 AM
A sign it is on its way out?

Funnily enough the thought did cross my mind.

stoney
19th July 2010, 02:47 PM
It was the jcw I was looking at :-)

ianking
19th July 2010, 06:10 PM
I love the new olive green leather seats. They must have lots of positive feedback about the special 1millionth mini they made.
If I gop for another mini then I would be very tempted to order those seats. They are just like the seats that were in my olive green sportspack

AeroJonny
20th July 2010, 12:02 PM
No JCW aero kit as standard on the JCW, an even smaller difference in performance and a bigger difference in efficiency over the Cooper S. Smooth move MINI.

Not to mention that fugly front end...

Bye bye MINI, hello something (anything) else!

MINI William
20th July 2010, 12:26 PM
No JCW aero kit as standard on the JCW, an even smaller difference in performance and a bigger difference in efficiency over the Cooper S. Smooth move MINI.

Not to mention that fugly front end...

Bye bye MINI, hello something (anything) else!

Jonny as far as Im aware the aerokit will still be standard in the UK. It has never been standard in the US

ianking
20th July 2010, 01:14 PM
When will these new facelift cars be in the shops

MINI William
20th July 2010, 02:07 PM
When will these new facelift cars be in the shops

They say September

Scottie
20th July 2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah they said September to me when I asked prior to buying my Clubman. Ian can't agree about the colour of green for the seats no way is that the same olive green that was used in sportspack this one is darker going by the pictures.

ianking
20th July 2010, 07:06 PM
Fi

I said they are LIKE the seats that were in my olive green sportspack, not the same as.
I recon its the same leather as the 1 millionth mini which when in the flesh was a bit darker than the Rover leather but not that far off.

Either way I think it looks great.

Scottie
20th July 2010, 08:26 PM
Ian, how can green look good. LOL

ianking
20th July 2010, 09:12 PM
Ian, how can green look good. LOL

yeah I very rarely like 'green' but on this ocassion it does look nice.

ELFMAN
21st July 2010, 09:10 AM
Has to be the JCW in Orange, Black Roof and Mirrors, with Black Alloys. Been saying for ages they should have this colour-scheme available for the MINI. Nice set of subtle Side Graphics and you're laughing.

Just a year and a bit too late for me! If I was trading in now........... However, my Pepper White will do me for a while yet...

AeroJonny
21st July 2010, 11:46 AM
Jonny as far as Im aware the aerokit will still be standard in the UK. It has never been standard in the US

When I looked at the mini uk configurator, it was the standard bumpers. I hope you're right!

Seriously though, power upgrade for the standard S and not for the JCW...you're getting even less for the premium over the S. Weak.

MINI William
21st July 2010, 11:51 AM
When I looked at the mini uk configurator, it was the standard bumpers. I hope you're right!

Seriously though, power upgrade for the standard S and not for the JCW...you're getting even less for the premium over the S. Weak.

Yeh as the new aerokit hasent been relesed yet. But if you look at the spec it dose say JCW aerokit

ELFMAN
21st July 2010, 12:06 PM

Especially if you get the nifty wee JCW Tuning Kit. I saw a Rolling Road report (AMD down south) on another MINI site for the Tuning Kit on an otherwise standard S and they got 207bhp and 300Nm Torque. I have no idea what that is in Lbs/Ft! It certainly goes pretty well.

Having said that, William, I'm sure the Factory JCW is producing a lot more than the quoted 211bhp. Or am I wrong? I reckon the JCW quoted output is more to do with Insurance Premiums than actual output, so you might find that there's a bigger gap than stated between the S (even with the new power upgrade) and the JCW.

MINI William
21st July 2010, 12:53 PM
Especially if you get the nifty wee JCW Tuning Kit. I saw a Rolling Road report (AMD down south) on another MINI site for the Tuning Kit on an otherwise standard S and they got 207bhp and 300Nm Torque. I have no idea what that is in Lbs/Ft! It certainly goes pretty well.

Having said that, William, I'm sure the Factory JCW is producing a lot more than the quoted 211bhp. Or am I wrong? I reckon the JCW quoted output is more to do with Insurance Premiums than actual output, so you might find that there's a bigger gap than stated between the S (even with the new power upgrade) and the JCW.

Alot of JCW's have been on the rollers and turned out more than the quated 211 :yes nod:

ELFMAN
21st July 2010, 03:53 PM
I think the JCW Tuning Kit is quoted at 192bhp - which is 20bhp down on what AMD got on the rollers - obviously this is all subjective, but all turbo Minis seem to punch above their weight as far as quoted outputs are concerned. On the road, mine feels just as quick as my old JCW 210 with the GRS 'cooler, etc etc. Gone slightly off topic....... Sorry. Anyway, I think it's a safe bet that the current Factory JCW even without any 'facelift engine improvements' has more under the bonnet than they're letting on - and as you know from your Dad's car, with the stronger engine internals you can tune the nuts off them!

korky
9th August 2010, 03:54 PM
Fi

I said they are LIKE the seats that were in my olive green sportspack, not the same as.
I recon its the same leather as the 1 millionth mini which when in the flesh was a bit darker than the Rover leather but not that far off.

Either way I think it looks great.

I like the look of the green leather as well. Was planning a red car this time, though, and that might just be a bit loud! Shame there is only one no-cost option for upholstery (I'm stingy). My first mini (R50) had lovely red fabric seats. Was a bit surprised when it was delivered to find that this meant all of the insides of the doors were red as well. Reddest car I'd ever seen....