PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really care where a message is sent from?

KenL
17th July 2010, 08:49 PM
Mods,

Could we please encourage people not to append this sort of this to their posts:

"Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"

Life is too short for us all to be reading this surely?

Sent from my laptop using the keyboard :hand:

Delboy
17th July 2010, 09:12 PM
:laugh: :yes nod: :thumbs up:

GCA3N
17th July 2010, 10:13 PM
It's a tad annoying ken but u really shouldn't let yourself get annoyed with such stuff.

Sent from my phone slightly drunk....burp!

Scottie
17th July 2010, 11:12 PM
Nope.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2010, 12:01 AM
The only thing that bothers me more than that by-line on a post, is when someone posts a site feedback thread into the off topic and banter forum.:hand:

But's because I like you Ken, I'll move it for you.:yes nod:

Seriously though, it really doesn't bother me at all.:yawn: It may be that whoever is using tapatalk to post replies doesn't realise there's an update to the APP which allows them to remove that by-line.:confused:

A.:D

Gismo
18th July 2010, 08:14 AM
Sadly, there's nothing we can do, except edit every post as it comes in and as you have said Ken, life's too short for that :Whistle:

As Andy points out, folks can change the settings in your phone to stop leaving that message................which i did for my Droid :thumbs up:

KenL
20th July 2010, 11:02 AM
Sadly, there's nothing we can do, except edit every post as it comes in and as you have said Ken, life's too short for that :Whistle:

As Andy points out, folks can change the settings in your phone to stop leaving that message................which i did for my Droid :thumbs up:

I would ask users to do so :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
20th July 2010, 08:21 PM
I would ask users to do so :yes nod:

Then do it Ken.:yes nod:

As much as it's something that mildly irks me, it's not something that breaks the forum rules or even gets close to what's not acceptable on a public forum, so there's really no grounds for any site official to make a formal request of those who use Tapatalk to post with.

Taking into account the recent "discussion" over the use of NMS, personally, I'm just glad people are finding new ways to stay in touch with the site and contribute to the community. If that means they have a daft statement at the end of their post, so be it.:idunno:

I really don't want to sound funny or obtuse, but can't you just.... well.... not read that bit at the end of their post?

A.:confused:

MINI William
20th July 2010, 08:56 PM
It is a tad annoying but as Andy has said it doesnt break any site rule so it is hard to act on. I find not reading it does stop it bothering me though

Sent from my Iphone :smilewinkgrin:

KenL
20th July 2010, 11:16 PM
Then do it Ken.:yes nod:

As much as it's something that mildly irks me, it's not something that breaks the forum rules or even gets close to what's not acceptable on a public forum, so there's really no grounds for any site official to make a formal request of those who use Tapatalk to post with.

Taking into account the recent "discussion" over the use of NMS, personally, I'm just glad people are finding new ways to stay in touch with the site and contribute to the community. If that means they have a daft statement at the end of their post, so be it.:idunno:

I really don't want to sound funny or obtuse, but can't you just.... well.... not read that bit at the end of their post?

A.:confused:

My previous post did ask people to turn this feature off. :thumbs up:

Gee whiz! Wish I'd never started this thread now :smilewinkgrin: