PDA

View Full Version : Best Polish for Chili Red

gauldrymini
15th July 2010, 09:18 PM
What would folk recommend as a"safe" polish for new C/R MINIs...wouldn't want anything too harsh:hand:

Are the All In One polishes any good?:confused: A Glaze product?:confused:

polish would need to be suitable for applying by hand

Cheers
Andrew

Scottie
15th July 2010, 09:24 PM
AG SRP followed by a any decent WAX although I would clay bar first.

AndyP & Lenore
15th July 2010, 09:36 PM
When hand polishing, I use autoglym SRP on both our MINI's. Does a good job of the red one.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Craig
15th July 2010, 11:46 PM
Yep agree with fi and andy. Autoglym srp is great ;)

gauldrymini
16th July 2010, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the comments...bought some SRP today:thumbs up:

Sheilz
16th July 2010, 06:31 PM
Dodo hard wax the banana one is very good for CR and I also have another tin of stuff that's pretty good. Being Friday I cant remember what it is but if someone mentions it will recognise the name. Think its the stuff that Craig uses. Think it was Craig who unknown to him got me asking Santa for it but if it wasn't Craig it was somebody else here but on account of it being Friday I cant remember who else it might've been.

KenL
16th July 2010, 08:50 PM
Avoid getting the SRP on the black plastic trim.

Craig
16th July 2010, 10:09 PM
It is prob collinite 915 wax or 476s Sheilz ;). Great stuff ! :thumbs up:

Sheilz
16th July 2010, 11:48 PM
It is prob collinite 915 wax or 476s Sheilz ;). Great stuff ! :thumbs up:

That's the stuff. Its very good. In a moment of insanity I thought it would be great for bringing the kitchen surfaces up like new. It did. The kitchen sparkled unfortunately the micro was out of service for some time afterwards because it kept shooting across the surface when attempting to open the door. Oops!

gauldrymini
17th July 2010, 07:32 PM
tried the SRP out on all the Candy White Mk6 Golf and yep it did a neat job!!!...did a nice job on the panel of the MINI too!!