PDA

View Full Version : clutch gone :(

bry_mini
15th July 2010, 04:06 PM
well on my way home last night my clutch finnaly gave up! felt it slipping for about a week and was putting off geting it done till next week! £££
trust me!! :sad:
was quite a mission driving without a clutch lol
abondoned it outside my m8s garage, its now on the ramp with box off! hope its done for tomorrow so i can get it nice and clean for sunday!
rant over!
anyone had one done and would like to share how much it cost em??

Gismo
15th July 2010, 04:13 PM
Ianking has done several and i'm sure he'll advise the time involved for a competent mechanic to perform the job

Fartin Martin
15th July 2010, 05:25 PM
Mate..am goin to see ma mate Jamie..he's a mechanic for mini and BMW..I'll ask him!

Give me a text if ye want me to 07500959702;)

Livi
15th July 2010, 08:37 PM
I got my box taken out in june, to have the clutch bearing fixed.

was a good 700 quid for the full repair lol

cooperchris
15th July 2010, 08:58 PM
We had our clutch changed after the thrust bearing collappsed.

The clutch for our cooper only cost us £100 and lucky enough for us it was free labour from the father in law.

Dont know what a cooper s clutch will cost.

bry_mini
15th July 2010, 11:12 PM
Cheers guys! Got a call tonight from my m8 saying it was collapse so will be £350! Result! If the flywheel needed doom it would have been £650. Phew!

ianking
16th July 2010, 08:18 AM
Yeah Ive done 2 on R50 Cooper. Took me about 4 hours from car on the ground broken to var back on the ground working.
I paid £100 for the clutch but fitted it myself. I dont think the R53 is much different but I think the intercooler has to come off to gain access to the gear change selector.