PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up a commercial video screen at a show?

Ferengo
15th July 2010, 09:11 AM
Anyone on here able to help with this?

The company I work for has asked me to look into this. What we need is a video screen (10" or so but size isn't the be all and end all) to play a promotional video at a show. Easily done, it also needs to play when someone walks past it. Again this I have done.

What the real problem is trying to get the video to play from the start each time. If someone walks off then the video just picks up where it left off when the next person comes along.

We're using a digital photoframe but are willing to spend that money to get what we need. Anyone have any ideas as to how we could do this?

Thanks, G.

Big Gordy
15th July 2010, 10:00 AM
What we need is a video screen (10" or so but size isn't the be all and end all).

Jings.....a 10"(inch) screen..... that's a bit wee is it not....or do you mean 10'(feet):p

Ferengo
15th July 2010, 11:04 AM
Jings.....a 10"(inch) screen..... that's a bit wee is it not....or do you mean 10'(feet):p

Hey Big G. Currently it is a 10 inch screen but we can go larger if required. It's a small booth so I'd say no larger than a 32" screen.

AndyP & Lenore
15th July 2010, 07:43 PM
Grant, it sounds like you need to control the video playback externally. Best way to do that is gonna be with a bit of software. I've no experience of this particular bit of software, but a quick google search came up with this: Showmagic (http://www.showmagic.com/index.php?page=products&series=3)

Looks like it will do what you want it to.

A.

Edit: Oh, just looked at the price of the AV software. Yikes!

Ferengo
16th July 2010, 01:10 PM
Grant, it sounds like you need to control the video playback externally. Best way to do that is gonna be with a bit of software. I've no experience of this particular bit of software, but a quick google search came up with this: Showmagic (http://www.showmagic.com/index.php?page=products&series=3)

Looks like it will do what you want it to.

A.

Edit: Oh, just looked at the price of the AV software. Yikes!

Mr P. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

That looks like it may do the job.

Cheers.

AndyP & Lenore
16th July 2010, 01:24 PM
Mr P. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

That looks like it may do the job.

Cheers.

How weird is that.... That's EXACTLY what Lenore says to me every night! But, for very different reasons. PMSL.:laugh:

A.:lol::lol:

N16SHP
16th July 2010, 02:30 PM
How weird is that.... That's EXACTLY what Lenore says to me every night! But, for very different reasons. PMSL.:laugh:

PMSL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: brilliant!!!

Ferengo
16th July 2010, 02:38 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh: